Author Topic: London>>>>>>>>>Westcoast  (Read 992 times)

Narrator

Re: London>>>>>>>>>Westcoast
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2006, 09:44:05 AM »
I like Klashnekoff...don't sleep y'all.

But otherwise, West Coast is still >>>>>>>>>> London.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2006, 09:48:04 AM »
basically the only uk people i have time for are likes of kano and sway because ive followed them since i was at school...
people like ghetto and jme aint much homie, they are okish over grime but we are talking bout real rap here.. yeh your right about west isnt doing much now and listing all these artists that may not drop albums but honestley they have got much more talent then anyone from the uk so comparing isnt an option...
+ the british production is another thing denting their credability, isnt too many big names doing many things to be honest

see.....thats a well structured argument.....

JME....im taking his age into consideration....hes seems to keep gettn betta..an hes rolln wit the right people(skepta.klashnekoff,sizzla etc)

Ghetto...ghetto is just fiyah...cant see why any1 wouldnt like him...

Kano ft Ghetto-ghetto kid
Akala ft Ghetto and Big Seac-Knowbody
Ghetto ft Katie Pearl-on the road

all dope tracks where he shines imo...

and production wise...lot of grime ppl slackin....id agree....but theres some dope hea(davinche,low deep,JT,Mike GLC).....but yer if anything needs improvin it would be production..but dats part of the appeal i feel...the fact its not so polished...it still has that rawness..it feels like music from the streets for the streets..

an whens the last time u could say dat about a snoop track...

yeh mate thats fair.. i havent really listened to any of the uk hiphop / grime scene in like over year n a bit so im a bit in the dark too which artists have up'd their games and whos working with who etc.. use to own a grip of dvds like lord of the decks 1/2/3, lord of the mics too

Boo-Yaa †

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Keep the Faith
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2006, 09:49:57 AM »
LMAO!!!!!!

i cant believe this shit!!!

West Coast >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> London.

And im from the uk (fuck the crown) ...

Most london acts are just wannabe's!!!

You got N.Mack doing his thang, trying to spread the word about london hiphop to you americans...

Trying to get this shit on the map!

Just ignore him, the shit isnt even worth the listen!!!!

d-nice

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2006, 09:52:48 AM »
Alright I will check out Klashnekoff.

$Eg2$

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2006, 10:02:32 AM »
Stupidest Thread ever thats kool dogg your from the UK and your gonna support your local stuff well im from the West and im gonna support my West Coast But I bet if you go to a UK music forum i bet you wont find West Coast catz checkin for there music But in here in a West Coast Forum theres Tons of Catz overseas checkin for the West and that pretty much destroys any arguement you have about London LOL being better then the West Coast !

eg2 bitch

everlast1986

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2006, 10:08:24 AM »
I've enjoyed most of the stuff i've heard from Roots Manuva.

Dizzee Rascals first album was ok

Sway - 'This Is My Demo' is pretty good

y'all should check out The Herbaliser though theyre my favorite hip hop artists out of the UK

J Bananas

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2006, 12:53:46 PM »
westcoast>>>eastcoast>>>>south>>>>canada>>>>>>>>>>>>english rappers

dudes a clown who started this thread i wish i could diss him like 30 points at once

Dj Eskimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamer
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2006, 01:17:25 PM »
"Who listens to the Westcoast? The whole world.

UK Rap = W A C K."

man this has to be the most ignorant comment ive heard for a while, if the whole world listens to the WestCoast why cant i pick up the new Mitchy Slick album in my local HMV/Virgin Megastores but i can pick up the latest Papoose mixtape? and if the whole world listens to the Westcoast why cant your average hiphop head tell me anything about the west since 96ish? as stated the only cats that are big from the west at the min are Snoop/Dre/Xzibit and Game...

Im from North London and im not saying that we are better than the westcoast but the UK scene is pretty damn close to being as good/better than the west coast game at the min... a lot of people out here are doing it big and getting a lot of recognition aswell, the problem is that the yanks only get the best selling artists from the UK such as Dizzee Rascal, i like rascal, his dope but his not the jewel in the UK crown, you need to check out dudes like, Lowkey, Klashnekoff, Braintax, Skinnyman, Kyza, Ty... you cant just hate simply because its from another country or that we got a different accent.

Q, If i posted up some UK HipHop would anyone actually check it?

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamertaghere.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
http://www.myspace.com

Webby05

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2006, 01:20:13 PM »

Fuck it ill do it for u;

Klashnekoff - Black Rose http://www.youtube.com/v/ad9n6L9P7_Q

Klashnekoff - Murda

Klashnekoff - Parrowdice

Blak Twang - GCSE

Blak Twang - So Rotten

Roots Manuva - Juggle Tings Proper

Roots Manuva - Dreamy Days

Roots Manuva - Witness the Fitness

Wiley - Wot U Call It?

Roll Deep - When I'm 'Ere

Roll Deep - Heat Up

So Solid Crew - So Grimey

So Solid Crew - Broken Silence

Oxide and Neutrino - Devil's Nightmare

Oxide & Neutrino - Rap Dis

Oxide & Neutrino - No Good 4 Me

Kano - Ps & Qs

Akala - Shakespeare

Just a few things I found on Youtube.com, theres loads of better tracks but I cant be bothered to upload at the mo
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 01:46:09 PM by Webby05 »

REGIME MOB 510

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2006, 01:28:02 PM »

dudes a clown who started this thread i wish i could diss him like 30 points at once

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2006, 01:34:04 PM »

Fuck it ill do it for u;

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ad9n6L9P7_Q"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ad9n6L9P7_Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Let me help you out.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ad9n6L9P7_Q" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ad9n6L9P7_Q</a>

Boo-Yaa †

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Keep the Faith
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2006, 04:39:41 PM »

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2006, 05:23:53 PM »
I'm gonna start d/ling some of those tracks & check out more from the UK.... the artists I have never heard of like Klashnekoff & Akala aren't bad at all, juss have to get used to the accent, lol. Roots Manuva's already known in NZ, think dude's performed here a few times....(is it one dude or a group??)

I forgot about the vid for Black Twang's - So Rotten.....only remember it because dude was wearing the Fijian rugby jersey.....Sucka Free would luv that! lol.

Cowboy

« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2006, 05:59:17 PM »
pfffft London rap sucks yeah it sells good there because a platinum plaque in England is like 100 sales

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2006, 06:08:22 PM »

NO MORE WAR