Author Topic: "LeBron just another great player, no difference between him and Anthony Parker"  (Read 2691 times)

Citizen-Y

Anyway i really don't get it how you americans handle your business.
You have a Free Agent like Anthony Parker and you spend money and time over 17 years old who can do 1/10 of the things Parker can?
How is it possible that nobody better than the Raps (no disrespect) made a good offer to him?
Shit i'd take Paker over 3/4 of the last draft.

GM's have a fascination on this thing called "upside"

Alot of us American fans are baffled by it too.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yeah but i really don't get it how can you prefeer a player like... i don't know... Andrea Bargnani (let me talk about him since i'm italian and i know him) over 10-15 other players who plays in Europe and who dominates the game more than him. I'll make a name: Garbahosa (i hope it's written correctly), from Spain. That guy is a great veteran, he's a winner, he's been playing great in Europe from years, but they chosed a bench player from Benetton Treviso just cause he can shoot 3's and dunk at 18 years old? What's the big deal about it? I'd take a player with great basketball IQ and experience over him any day of my life. I'm not saying Bargani sucks, but i don't get it how you americans are so excited about young prospects while you don't give real good players enought chances TOO. Expecially since those players are Free Agents after 3 years, so there's a big risk you can loose them. And expecially since it's very dangerous to give them long contracts, since they can get injured and you can waste millions on them (see Penny, Houston, Vin Baker, etc..). Just select the best available AT THE MOMENT and make a good team NOW.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 07:49:59 AM by Antonio »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Well the way I see it, LeBron has better stats overall than Kobe.  And I would rather have LeBron on my team than Kobe.  I know its hard for some of you Laker fans to digest, but thats just the way I see it. 

LeBron will be even better this year.  Last year, 31, 7rpg and 6 assists is pretty crazy for his age.  I bet his rebounds and assists will go up this year. 

LOL. That's funny, you pick a player because they have better rounded numbers (not better stats overall), you woulda' picked David Robinson over Michael Jordan in the early 90's? And where does defense come into play? You're fucking ridiculous, even LeBron knows his game isn't close to as perfected as Bryant's...You don't watch basketball. Anyone who watched both LeBron and Kobe play last season knows the difference...Not only did you bitch out of a bet like a fucking punk with no word, but you also bitched out of admitting Kobe is the best. Congrats!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Perfect example....NBA 2K7 has Kobe, Wade, and Lebron at 98....when it should be 98, 96 95 or even 98 97 96. Too bad they don't have "killer instinct" and "clutch" as some of their rating categories..

That's how the league wants it, they want to have a new wave of superstars leading the league. they don't wanna cherish a once-in-a-lifetime player like Kobe and proclaim him at the top, where he obviously belongs... it's no fun for them that way... :-\

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Anyway i really don't get it how you americans handle your business.
You have a Free Agent like Anthony Parker and you spend money and time over 17 years old who can do 1/10 of the things Parker can?
How is it possible that nobody better than the Raps (no disrespect) made a good offer to him?
Shit i'd take Paker over 3/4 of the last draft.

Oh, he got offers, they've been trying to get him in the NBA for years now...he was just waiting for the right offer, he wanted promised minutes, etc...I guess he just liked what the Raptor franchise had to offer most...PeACe

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yeah but i really don't get it how can you prefeer a player like... i don't know... Andrea Bargnani (let me talk about him since i'm italian and i know him) over 10-15 other players who plays in Europe and who dominates the game more than him. I'll make a name: Garbahosa (i hope it's written correctly), from Spain. That guy is a great veteran, he's a winner, he's been playing great in Europe from years, but they chosed a bench player from Benetton Treviso just cause he can shoot 3's and dunk at 18 years old? What's the big deal about it? I'd take a player with great basketball IQ and experience over him any day of my life. I'm not saying Bargani sucks, but i don't get it how you americans are so excited about young prospects while you don't give real good players enought chances TOO. Expecially since those players are Free Agents after 3 years, so there's a big risk you can loose them. And expecially since it's very dangerous to give them long contracts, since they can get injured and you can waste millions on them (see Penny, Houston, Vin Baker, etc..). Just select the best available AT THE MOMENT and make a good team NOW.

You see what's happening in the NBA the last couple of years right? The NBA used to be a man's game. You also needed to know how to shoot and have other skills. Now all someone has to do is bull their way through the lane and then they're sent to the line. An athletic freak with minimal skills is more valuable than a fundamentally sound player that can shoot because that athletic freak can just bull their way though the lane and get bailed out with a trip to the line. No more hand checking, no more contact at all.

Look at what happened to team USA in the world championship without the NBA's biased officiating, loss. Why was Carmelo Anthony the best player for us? Because he can actually shoot the basketball and can operate on the low block.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
True.
You need to sign european coaches who can actually teach how to play zonal defence.
Or more NCAA coaches who can learn fundamentals.
And you def need some experienced european (i mean players who plays in Europe, even americans) stars to help you raise your game.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

The difference is that European style of play is not very physical and the defense is A LOT looser, you can make it simply by being a good spot-up shooter. Here, in the US, our players are much bigger, stronger built, and play a more physical brand of basketball. That's why fundamentals alone wont get you very far in the NBA and thats why a lot of Euroleague stars flop when they get over here...PeACe

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The difference is that European style of play is not very physical and the defense is A LOT looser, you can make it simply by being a good spot-up shooter. Here, in the US, our players are much bigger, stronger built, and play a more physical brand of basketball. That's why fundamentals alone wont get you very far in the NBA and thats why a lot of Euroleague stars flop when they get over here...PeACe

Well Stern is doing everything he can do rid the NBA of any physical play. I was watching an old NBA game, Celtics vs Pistons from 1988 and the play was 10 times more physical back then than now. Stern is making the NBA soft.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Well Stern is doing everything he can do rid the NBA of any physical play. I was watching an old NBA game, Celtics vs Pistons from 1988 and the play was 10 times more physical back then than now. Stern is making the NBA soft.

Very true, you can actually say he's trying to "Europeanize" the game...

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I disagree with the fact in Europe the defense is A LOT looser (maybe it's me not understanding it: do you mean it's basically worse?). Here in Europe it's simply a team-defence and not a man-defence like there in the US. Here it's a team-game, with 5 players involved in defence. And if there's a guy who can't defend well 1-on-1 against his opponent they use zonal defence and double-teams to help him. I think here we play REAL defence (look at my National team, Italy. No players has the physique and the skills to defend 1-on-1 on Americans, but we did a wonderful team-defence against you guys, and we won), while there in the NBA it's everything so raw, so physical, so uncoached, so 1on1. That's why you prefeer a big man with a great physique who can't shoot or pass the ball to European players who can do everything but maybe they don't have the physique to face a big man 1on1. But imo you should try a good european coach, there. Somebody who can actually learn a team how to defend as a team. So that it could be possible with the right time to introduce those very skilled players from all over the world in the NBA. If you teach the team how to support them, they'll make the difference. Like they do in international games. Let's say i'd love an European team to play in the NBA. Just to show you how the game can be played in a different way.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I disagree with the fact in Europe the defense is A LOT looser (maybe it's me not understanding it: do you mean it's basically worse?). Here in Europe it's simply a team-defence and not a man-defence like there in the US. Here it's a team-game, with 5 players involved in defence. And if there's a guy who can't defend well 1-on-1 against his opponent they use zonal defence and double-teams to help him. I think here we play REAL defence (look at my National team, Italy. No players has the physique and the skills to defend 1-on-1 on Americans, but we did a wonderful team-defence against you guys, and we won), while there in the NBA it's everything so raw, so physical, so uncoached, so 1on1. That's why you prefeer a big man with a great physique who can't shoot or pass the ball to European players who can do everything but maybe they don't have the physique to face a big man 1on1. But imo you should try a good european coach, there. Somebody who can actually learn a team how to defend as a team. So that it could be possible with the right time to introduce those very skilled players from all over the world in the NBA. If you teach the team how to support them, they'll make the difference. Like they do in international games. Let's say i'd love an European team to play in the NBA. Just to show you how the game can be played in a different way.

Ummm...You guys play zone defense because your individual defense is weaker...It's much easier to drive to the hoop or pull up for an open J in the Euroleagues...Zone defense doesn't work in the NBA, we intoduced the rule allowing it a few years ago and it's rarely used...A euroleague team would absolutely get mashed on in the NBA...PeACe

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Ummm...You guys play zone defense because your individual defense is weaker...It's much easier to drive to the hoop or pull up for an open J in the Euroleagues...Zone defense doesn't work in the NBA, we intoduced the rule allowing it a few years ago and it's rarely used...A euroleague team would absolutely get mashed on in the NBA...PeACe

I don't think so. Give teams like CSKA Moscow or Maccabi Tel Aviv a couple of draft picks and the money NBA teams make to invest on players/training/machines etc.. and i'm sure they'll do better than a lot of average teams in the NBA. Don't understimate them. Like i said you can defend against the "Dream Team" with zonal defence pretty well. Didn't you see it in the last 5-6 years? They just need to make a competitive team mixed with Americans and they'll be hella ready to do great things in the NBA. Plus all the European stars would prefeer to play there than in an American team. To stay close to home. It's a nice idea imo.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I don't think so. Give teams like CSKA Moscow or Maccabi Tel Aviv a couple of draft picks and the money NBA teams make to invest on players/training/machines etc.. and i'm sure they'll do better than a lot of average teams in the NBA. Don't understimate them. Like i said you can defend against the "Dream Team" with zonal defence pretty well. Didn't you see it in the last 5-6 years? They just need to make a competitive team mixed with Americans and they'll be hella ready to do great things in the NBA. Plus all the European stars would prefeer to play there than in an American team. To stay close to home. It's a nice idea imo.

Dude, I know Maccabi Tel-Aviv more than anyone on this board, my family is from Tel-Aviv, and I know they're a GREAT team, the best in Europe, but they would get STOMPED ON in the NBA...In fact, didn't you see them lose each and every game in their pre-season NBA tour this year? Where they were obvioulsy playing their hardest and the NBA teams obviously weren't, but they still managed to lose by a large margin in every game...It's just two different games man, and European teams wouldn't hang...Of course, toss Dwyane and LeBron and Carmelo together on a team and they'll lose to a REAL team who actually know how to play together and prepare for that sort of thing. But that still don't mean Euroleague would survive in the NBA...PeACe

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Dude, I know Maccabi Tel-Aviv more than anyone on this board, my family is from Tel-Aviv, and I know they're a GREAT team, the best in Europe, but they would get STOMPED ON in the NBA...In fact, didn't you see them lose each and every game in their pre-season NBA tour this year? Where they were obvioulsy playing their hardest and the NBA teams obviously weren't, but they still managed to lose by a large margin in every game...It's just two different games man, and European teams wouldn't hang...Of course, toss Dwyane and LeBron and Carmelo together on a team and they'll lose to a REAL team who actually know how to play together and prepare for that sort of thing. But that still don't mean Euroleague would survive in the NBA...PeACe

Once again i'm not talking about an Euroleague team with european players only, but an NBA team located in Europe with an european coach and style of play (and with American superstars). Obviously right now Maccabi can't compete (expecially after loosing Jasi and AParker).