Author Topic: "LeBron just another great player, no difference between him and Anthony Parker"  (Read 2684 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
PARIS (AFP) - US basketball legend Michael Jordan has hailed European players as mastering the fundamentals of the game and said the addition of European teams to the NBA would be a "very good idea."

"It's obvious that European players master the fundamentals better," Jordan told reporters
here on the fancied US team's disappointing bronze medal-winning display at last month's world championships which Spain won with a 70-47 defeat of Greece.

"They have taken this aspect of the game to a higher level," said the former Chicago Bulls superstar who retired in 2003.

"In the United States, we're too focused on the highlights, dunks and passes. It's not that we don't have the players we need, but putting together a team becomes difficult under these conditions.

"But I think things are going in the right direction today."

Jordan, who in June became a part owner of the National Basketball Association's Charlotte Bobcats, said that adding European squads to the NBA was a good long-term concept.

"In the long term it's a good idea. The distance and the travelling would be a problem, but it's obvious that European teams are increasingly competitive.

"If that were to continue, the project could very well come to fruition.

"Basketball as a whole has progressed enormously, and one of the reasons comes from the interest the NBA is fostering in Europe.

"European basketball has become very strong and their players have contributed a lot to the development of the game. The United States now has problems beating them."

NBA league commissioner David Stern said last week that a conference of European teams is at least another 10 years in the making, and depends on a city's willingness to build a mutli-million dollar stadium.

European expansion has long been an idea for Stern and other NBA officials but the logistical and travel headaches and more importantly a need for newer arenas had been presented as major obstacles.

The only current European venue seen as NBA-worthy is the 19,000-capacity KolnArena in Cologne, Germany.

But there is an arena opening in London in 2007, and there are also plans in Berlin, CSKA Moscow and Real Madrid. Should those plans become reality, those city teams could form the heart of an NBA Europe division.

Jordan said he would occupy a management role at the Charlotte Bobcats similar to the one he had with the Washington Wizards as a part-owner between 2000 and 2003.

"I will not necessarily be there daily," Jordan said. "My role will be to supervise everything that has to do with basketball, to help build a team that will eventually be capable of winning the championship.

"My experience in Washington is going to help me a lot in that."
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Like He said.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I honestly think it would be a terrible idea...

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Well it's just a simple unrealistic idea anyway at the moment, so don't worry. ;D

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Wow! I've just noticed Toronto acquired Jorge Garbajosa. And he's averaging 11 ppg. Wow! Like i said he's a really really good European style center who can hit the 3's like Nowitsky. I'm impressed by Toronto: Anthony Parker, Garbajosa, Bargani.. The fact one of their most important scout is italian must be a factor. I'll support them as my second team this year.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Wow! I've just noticed Toronto acquired Jorge Garbajosa. And he's averaging 11 ppg. Wow! Like i said he's a really really good European style center who can hit the 3's like Nowitsky. I'm impressed by Toronto: Anthony Parker, Garbajosa, Bargani.. The fact one of their most important scout is italian must be a factor. I'll support them as my second team this year.

LOL...Word...You didn't know? They got some ill ass European scouting going on there...Sonics also almost acquired Yotam Halperin, but he decided to stay with Maccabi. What you think of him?...PeACe

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!

LOL...Word...You didn't know? They got some ill ass European scouting going on there...Sonics also almost acquired Yotam Halperin, but he decided to stay with Maccabi. What you think of him?...PeACe

No man, i didn't know it. I made his name just cause i knew how good he is (he showed it in the last World Cup tournament tho) and how he is the perfect european C (great outside, wonderful 3pts shooting, great zonal defence, wack one on one defence). But it's not really a big surprise, if you ask me. I mean Toronto Raptors named former Benetton Treviso (an italian team) GM Maurizio Gherardini as the club's vice president and assistant general manager of Colangelo. I know Gherardini very well, he's a wonderful talent scout who worked extremely well in Treviso. He's the one who acquired Garbajosa when he was still a good but not superstar C in Treviso (and Treviso made him a superstar) and he's the one who helped Bargnani reach the NBA #1 draft pick playing in Treviso. So for him to select two former Treviso stars like PF Bargnani and to C Garbajosa had to be a natural thing. Plus Anthony Parker, well everybody in Europe knows he's the Michael Jordan of Euroleague. That explains why Colangelo did a great job this year. And that's what i'm talking about!! The NBA needs people like Maurizio Gherardini. I criticized the selection of Bargani saying Garbajosa was more ready for the NBA. Well.. Gherardini acquired both, so nothing to say, hands down, great offseason for him.

About Halperin i must admit he's a pretty good talent, but he's not yet ready for the NBA. This year, without Parker, it will be an "in or out" season for him. He has to step us as the leader of Maccabi, so i'll just wait and see him. If you want a name of a player who will make noise in the next NBA draft it is Marco Belinelli, an italian all-around player from Bologna. I predict him to be selected in one the first 5 positions. I prefeer him to Halperin, by far (if Sasha Vujacic can be in the rotation in the Lakers... Belinelli can START!).

Remember my words.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 04:30:37 PM by Antonio »

PLANT

Toronto is 6-0 right now...I know its only pre-season, but still.....They beat Cleveland lastnight without Bosh or TJ in the lineup.  These Europeans know how to play the game.  They arent selfish and bust their ass every play.  Jorge Garbajosa is the man.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Toronto is 6-0 right now...I know its only pre-season, but still.....They beat Cleveland lastnight without Bosh or TJ in the lineup.  These Europeans know how to play the game.  They arent selfish and bust their ass every play.  Jorge Garbajosa is the man.

How are they playing? Garba and Bargnani? Plus let's remember Jose Calderòn, i guess he's doing well too, by reading his stats.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 05:52:21 PM by Antonio »

PLANT

Garbajosa has been more valuable so far.  Andrea sat the last game with a sore ankle.  I think they will work Andrea slowly into the rotation.  The first three players off the bench will be Fred Jones, Jorge Garbajosa and most likely Andrea.  Anthony Parker is really solid too.  I know hes from the US, but since he played so long in the Euro league, I still consider him a european type player.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Garbajosa has been more valuable so far.  Andrea sat the last game with a sore ankle.  I think they will work Andrea slowly into the rotation.  The first three players off the bench will be Fred Jones, Jorge Garbajosa and most likely Andrea.  Anthony Parker is really solid too.  I know hes from the US, but since he played so long in the Euro league, I still consider him a european type player.

What about Calderon, man? He's a very skilled PG imo. An "american" type of european PG, lol. Plus you guys signed Nesterovic too. I know him very well (he played in Bologna, Italy). Not a big signing, but you'll need him in your rotation cause he can spend fouls. Damn the team is looking real good. Congrats.

PLANT

What about Calderon, man? He's a very skilled PG imo. An "american" type of european PG, lol. Plus you guys signed Nesterovic too. I know him very well (he played in Bologna, Italy). Not a big signing, but you'll need him in your rotation cause he can spend fouls. Damn the team is looking real good. Congrats.
Calderon is sick too....Hes playing with bigtime confidence right now....The Raps biggest asset this year will be the bench...Trust me, they will outplay and out hustle pretty much every other teams bench , just wait and see.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
No doubt man. I wrote some posts ago i loved Garba and Parker, so having them both on the Raps is a great thing. Plus Andrea, plus Calderon.. the team is looking loaded for sure. Like i said i'll support them as my 2nd fav team this year.

PLANT

nice, thats dope man.  go to www.nba.com and check out the coverage they had today...they did a show called real training camp on the raptors today...had coverage of the camp plus interview with some of the players.

peace
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 06:21:34 PM by PLANT »

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Thanx.