Author Topic: Dog saves woman from fire, dies trying to save her cat. This is not a typo.  (Read 476 times)

Trauma-san

People say you shouldn't put human traits on your understanding of an animal's mind, but it's hard not to do it in a case like this.  Dogs (in their right mind) are perfectly loyal, to a fault, to their death.  I wish I was that loyal, sumbitch that was a damn fine dog.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ELKHART LAKE, Wisconsin (AP) -- After a disabled woman's cat started a house fire, her specially trained dog came to the rescue, then died trying unsuccessfully to rescue the cat.

Jamie Hanson said her 13-year-old dog Jesse brought her artificial leg and a phone she used to call 911.

"She got me outside and then she heard the cat upstairs and she went up there to get the cat, and she wouldn't come back to me," Hanson, 49, said at a news conference Monday at Aurora Sheboygan Memorial Medical Center, where she was being treated for her injuries.

She received third-degree arm burns in the fire Sunday night at her home in Rhine, south of Elkhart Lake. Both pets died.

Hanson, who lost a leg in a car accident three years ago, said she was on the couch watching television when the cat ran over the back of the couch.

"And he jumped onto a table that had a candle on it and tipped it over and lighted the artificial plants on fire," she said.

Hanson said she fell off the couch and was unable to get her artificial leg from the table, "so my dog got my leg for me and went and got the phone and brought the phone to me so I could call 911."

Lieutenant Abdul-Shakur

• 'G'
fagget ass cocksucker.

P.S poor dog

J Bananas

damn

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The cat started the fire on purpose. :laugh:

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
damn, poor dog...poor cat too i guess but that dog deserves props

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

WC Iz Active

what kind of dog was it? I cant believe it doesnt mention that in the article.

Sikotic™

That's why I like dogs and hate cats.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

WC Iz Active

That's why I like dogs and hate cats.
I love Cats but they aint in the same league as dogs.  I fuckin love dogs they r amazing animals.  I bet the dog in this article was a German Shepard or Rottweiler or another working dog like that.

Trauma-san

I would imagine yeah a german shephard doesn't it say something about it was trained?  You gotta look at it from the woman's perspective.  She fed and housed that dog for years, and was it's constant companion.  When the time came, the dog flat out DIED for her.  The animal likely didn't know it was sacrificing itself, but like I was saying it's true, faultless undying loyalty.  Now she's left with just a memory of that animal, the time came and went and the dog did something permanent.  The dog's a hero and had no motive to do it but it's own unfaulting desire to do what it thought (or nature told it, whatever) was right. 

I find a lot in animals that humans can learn from and attempt to mimick.  I don't know that there's anybody alive I would die for.  I'd like to say there is, but would I really do what that dog did?  I don't know about that. 

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
ahahah that dog should just ran...dumb mutt

smh@ some parapeligic lighting candles around the house...the fuck u tryin to do, get romantic....

smh@ trauma mourning  a dead dog but giggling at the thought of 650,000 dead iraqis. how very christain like of you. no wonder u were excommunicated from your church and have no semblance of a social life or purpose really. i pity u
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 01:03:04 PM by King Tech Quadafi »
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

WC Iz Active

I would imagine yeah a german shephard doesn't it say something about it was trained?  You gotta look at it from the woman's perspective.  She fed and housed that dog for years, and was it's constant companion.  When the time came, the dog flat out DIED for her.  The animal likely didn't know it was sacrificing itself, but like I was saying it's true, faultless undying loyalty.  Now she's left with just a memory of that animal, the time came and went and the dog did something permanent.  The dog's a hero and had no motive to do it but it's own unfaulting desire to do what it thought (or nature told it, whatever) was right. 

I find a lot in animals that humans can learn from and attempt to mimick.  I don't know that there's anybody alive I would die for.  I'd like to say there is, but would I really do what that dog did?  I don't know about that. 

Real Talk

J Bananas

smh@ some parapeligic lighting candles around the house...the fuck u tryin to do, get romantic....

smh@ trauma mourning  a dead dog but giggling at the thought of 650,000 dead iraqis. how very christain like of you. no wonder u were excommunicated from your church and have no semblance of a social life or purpose really. i pity u

dont worry people, another ass backwards thing about muslims is that they are afraid of animals and not allowed to be friendly with dogs. i guess its the strong resemblance to their women that freak em out

WC Iz Active

I couldnt imagine not liking Dogs. They are awesome animals

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...

dont worry people, another ass backwards thing about muslims is that they are afraid of animals and not allowed to be friendly with dogs. i guess its the strong resemblance to their women that freak em out

listen maybe you like making friends with animals, i prefer the company of my niggaz and bitches
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
lol ^^.

Poor dog.