Author Topic: The South Is Mad At Nas  (Read 9660 times)

dexter

Re: The South Is Mad At Nas
« Reply #105 on: October 31, 2006, 10:19:45 AM »
Can you really claim G-Funk is THAT creative when they do more sampling than Crunk.
West Coast Forum  LOL! ???

Efrain

« Reply #106 on: October 31, 2006, 11:48:19 AM »
Eh, I can’t argue with you guys anymore. Bottom line, you are being delusional and overly emotional. I can’t have a debate with people who stray off topic, who evade direct questions and create their own truths. We’re all entitled to our own opinions but not our own facts. You guy's just aren’t in touch with reality, saying absolutely absurd things like “history hasn’t been kind to g-funk” and “g-funk’s not creative at all.” That’s completely asinine and retarded. Historically, factually and commonly understood to be inaccurate.

So keep living in fantasy land  guys if it makes you feel better about bumping that Lil Jon CD, screaming the monosyllabic catch phrases and sipping Crunk Juice… don’t worry about a thing, the rest of the world takes you just as seriously as you do.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 02:04:12 PM by Efrain »

westkoastanostra

« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2006, 01:00:23 PM »
^^^u get a prop for having balls to defend shit like that especially someone like SGV....

Narrator

« Reply #108 on: October 31, 2006, 06:48:21 PM »
Eh, I can’t argue with you guys anymore. Bottom line, you are being delusional and overly emotional. I can’t have a debate with people who stray off topic, who evade direct questions and create their own truths. We’re all entitled to our own opinions but not our own facts. You guy's just aren’t in touch with reality, saying absolutely absurd things like “history hasn’t been kind to g-funk” and “g-funk’s not creative at all.” That’s completely asinine and retarded. Historically, factually and commonly understood to be inaccurate.

So keep living in fantasy land  guys if it makes you feel better about bumping that Lil Jon CD, screaming the monosyllabic catch phrases and sipping Crunk Juice… don’t worry about a thing, the rest of the world takes you just as seriously as you do.

LOL, you think I bump Lil Jon?  Unless he produces a beat for a Southern rapper I like (i.e. UGK, T.I., Luda, whoever), I don't really listen to his shit.  He's not even a rapper, anyway...his albums are just all his beats and a whole bunch of guest appearances on every track, when I'd rather just listen to those particular rappers.

I also never said G-Funk isn't creative; what I'm doing is explaining why your complaints about Crunk make no sense.  It simply don't make sense to argue G-Funk is "more" creative than Crunk or that it is any more intelligent.  It's the same type of music, mayne - it's all partying and shit.  That's not an opinion - that is a FACT; the vast majority of G-Funk rappers ain't on Ras Kass or Hiero-type shit.  You are a big fucking hypocrite and a dipshit hater if you're bigging up G-Funk while criticizing Crunk, because neither deserves more criticism than the other.  Crunk is the G-Funk of today and G-Funk was the Crunk of the mid-90s.

And how is saying "history has not been kind to G-Funk" absurd?  Now look who's not answering MY questions, wigger...how is that not the truth?  Is it not true that pretty much all of the G-Funk rappers who were popular in the 90s have basically been forgotten today except for a few?  There was a time (which I remember well) when just about every other song played on urban stations was a G-Funk record, and yet most of those records I remember from those days are most definitely NOT remembered.

But yes, you should definitely stop arguing.  Me, SGV, and Jome are NOT to be fucked with.  We slaughter wiggers and dump them in ditches.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2006, 08:24:41 PM »
I've lost my damn mind in a club to some crunk shit.  But never in a million years could I ever buy a crunk album.  I think I'd blow my brains out after 2 songs.  Like shit would get hella annoying real quick.  But if I'm fucked up in a club and "I don't give a fuck" comes on, I'm going nuts.

But comparing Crunk to G-Funk is not a valid comparison.  G-Funk was much more versatile - it had shit that could bump in a club, but it also had some really deep, thought provoking moments that you could really zone out on as well.  Crunk serves one purpose - to get asses shaking in a club.  G-Funk could do that, but it could do a lot more.  And yes, G-Funk was sampling P-Funk and Zapp but it definitely wasn't pigeonholed to those samples.  There were TONS of reggae and jazz influences from the getty up.  And De La & EPMD were flipping those same funk samples quite frequently as well.

Efrain

« Reply #110 on: October 31, 2006, 08:31:22 PM »
We slaughter wiggers and dump them in ditches.

This is what I’m talking about, you’re being too emotional. If I wanted to have a discussion with someone that kept getting overwhelmed and couldn’t deal with facts and rational I’d talk to my chick. This shit really isn’t worth my time I’ve already said everything there is to say and approached you with respect, going point for point. In the end everyone already agrees with me and forcing you to confront reality is proving to be harder that if I was talking to Hellen Keller. But hey, I got 10 min before I run to the store so what the hell right?

And how is saying "history has not been kind to G-Funk" absurd?  Now look who's not answering MY questions, wigger...how is that not the truth?  Is it not true that pretty much all of the G-Funk rappers who were popular in the 90s have basically been forgotten today except for a few? 

Ok, I’m clearly unable to get through to you, probably because I don’t speak retard so what I’m going to do is ask you the questions so that you can come up with the answers and then you won’t have to argue with me anymore, instead you can carry this on with yourself.

Now, I don’t like answering questions with a question but for the sake of time (and your ebbing faculties) why don’t you give me the names of the top 5 g-funk artists from 91-96.

1)   
2)   
3)   
4)   
5)   

You fill in the blanks, (when your done look below)

Now I don’t even need to know what you wrote (magic!) because you must have mentioned Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube and either Warren G and DJ Quik or Eazy E or maybe even the Dogg Pound. Either way of the 5 biggest stars from that era, an era that is keep in mind over a decade (that’s ten years) old, at least 3 of those names are not only still HUGE stars but one of them practically runs the rap game, more so than he did back in his prime (I think we know who I referring to).
And Snoop has never fallen short of a platinum plaque since his g-funk debut As of now 2006 he’s essentially keeping the entire west coast relevant. As for Cube, well he is without a doubt the biggest rapper/actor in history, and even when he comes back to rap after a 5 year hiatus he can still sell half a million. DJ Quik is to this day considered one of the best producers in the game still being asked to produce records for the best and Eazy E is dead. As for Daz, Kurupt and Warren
G they don’t have the same level of success but they are by no means washed up or broke. Going gold or selling +100,000 copies is far from doing bad, in fact it’s better than the majority of rap artists do now.

So if you don’t call that type of success “history being kind to g-funk artists” you don’t know the meaning of the word.

There was a time (which I remember well) when just about every other song played on urban stations was a G-Funk record, and yet most of those records I remember from those days are most definitely NOT remembered.

I don’t know what type of g-funk music they played on the radio in the asylum you grew up in, but for the rest of us living on the outside of institutions the biggest hits came from Dre’s “Chronic”, Snoop’s “Doggystyle”, Cube’s “Predator” and “Lethal Injection” and probably Warren G’s “Regulate… G funk Era.” Even the influenced records from the East coast like “Big Poppa” now, are you really trying to tell me and everyone else reading this thread that not only 1) those records aren’t still played on the radio today and 2) those records aren’t remembered?

I think its time to up the dosage my friend, clearly your medicine levels are due for an adjustment. 

Narrator

« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2006, 08:53:11 PM »
But comparing Crunk to G-Funk is not a valid comparison.  G-Funk was much more versatile - it had shit that could bump in a club, but it also had some really deep, thought provoking moments that you could really zone out on as well.  Crunk serves one purpose - to get asses shaking in a club.  G-Funk could do that, but it could do a lot more.  And yes, G-Funk was sampling P-Funk and Zapp but it definitely wasn't pigeonholed to those samples. There were TONS of reggae and jazz influences from the getty up.

Bullshit.  The average G-Funk record rarely had anything other than the same shit about smoking endo, partying, lowriders, and fucking.  The fact that Cube and Pac tried the G-Funk style does not count.  Please tell me what's so thought-provoking about a record like "This Is The Shack" or Foesum's "Perfection"...records like those are the typical G-Funk album of the 90s.  Shit, while I'm at it, are there really any thought-provoking moments on "Doggystyle" aside from maybe "Murder Was The Case"?

G-Funk was most definitely influenced primarily by the P-Funk era.  Do you really think it's just a coincidence that the same samples pop up so frequently in those records (namely, "Atomic Dog" and "More Bounce To The Ounce")?  Dre's work may have had plenty of musical depth and sonic detail, but the vast majority of his imitators just took the same samples and threw on the synthesizers and backing vocals.

And De La & EPMD were flipping those same funk samples quite frequently as well.

Not the same thing.  Funk samples alone are not G-Funk.

This is what I’m talking about, you’re being too emotional.

How can I not be when I'm dealing with some dipshit who obviously isn't hearing what I'm saying?  You're reading, but you ain't getting the picture.

In the end everyone already agrees with me

No, no, no, son, you got it twisted.  The people that agree with you are the people like yourself...a bunch of crackers who are 10 years younger than me (if not more), started listening to hip-hop MAYBE around the DMX/Eminem era, and want so badly to fit in with the culture that they have to diss "real hip-hop" cause it's not what the streets says is dope.  And then you fags glorify an era that you never lived through, never experienced for yourself...instead you steal your opinions from a KRS-One record and then act like you know something.

But in the end, you are still white, elitist, ignorant, and you weren't even listening to hip-hop 10 years ago like me and Jome were.  WE are the true hip-hop heads, not you.

If I wanted to have a discussion with someone that kept getting overwhelmed and couldn’t deal with facts and rational I’d talk to my chick.

Stop lying.  You don't have a chick.

Nice cheap attempt to discredit me by comparing me to a bitch, but it doesn't work.

Ok, I’m clearly unable to get through to you, probably because I don’t speak retard

No, you're just too thick-skulled to comprehend the depth and intelligence of my very sensible points that all the TRUE hip-hop heads agree with (which you're not).

Now I don’t even need to know what you wrote (magic!) because you must have mentioned Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube and either Warren G and DJ Quik or Eazy E or maybe even the Dogg Pound. Either way of the 5 biggest stars from that era, an era that is keep in mind over a decade (that’s ten years) old, at least 3 of those names are not only still HUGE stars but one of them practically runs the rap game, more so than he did back in his prime (I think we know who I referring to).
And Snoop has never fallen short of a platinum plaque since his g-funk debut As of now 2006 he’s essentially keeping the entire west coast relevant. As for Cube, well he is without a doubt the biggest rapper/actor in history, and even when he comes back to rap after a 5 year hiatus he can still sell half a million. DJ Quik is to this day considered one of the best producers in the game still being asked to produce records for the best and Eazy E is dead. As for Daz, Kurupt and Warren
G they don’t have the same level of success but they are by no means washed up or broke. Going gold or selling +100,000 copies is far from doing bad, in fact it’s better than the majority of rap artists do now.

So if you don’t call that type of success “history being kind to g-funk artists” you don’t know the meaning of the word.

Did you not already read my other post?  Calling me a "retard"...you're too full of yourself to even fucking read what I said.

I already named a bunch of G-Funk artists who WERE popular in the 90s, and I have said that ONLY Snoop, Dre, Eazy, Pac, and Cube are still popular and still well-known today.  That's only 5 rappers in total, out of DOZENS that came out in the 90s.  All the rest have LONG since slipped out of the conscience of everyone except West Coast fans.  Warren G and Tha Dogg Pound are the perfect examples...multi-Platinum 10 years ago, and today they can't even sell 100K even in the few instances where they have gotten new record deals.

Of course the G-Funk era produced classics that are still remembered today; I never said otherwise (again, fucking read next time).  I have, however, pointed out that the majority of G-Funk artists from the 90s are long since forgotten.  The G-Funk era was just like the Crunk era; there were zillions of cats coming out on majors and putting out records, some getting hits and Platinum plaques, some not.  Except for THOSE FIVE I mentioned, all of them have been forgotten and are now struggling in the underground.

I don’t know what type of g-funk music they played on the radio in the asylum you grew up in, but for the rest of us living on the outside of institutions the biggest hits came from Dre’s “Chronic”, Snoop’s “Doggystyle”, Cube’s “Predator” and “Lethal Injection” and probably Warren G’s “Regulate… G funk Era.” Even the influenced records from the East coast like “Big Poppa” now, are you really trying to tell me and everyone else reading this thread that not only 1) those records aren’t still played on the radio today and 2) those records aren’t remembered?

THOSE ARE NOT THE RECORDS I AM TALKING ABOUT YOU DUMB FUCK.

Try "Summertime In The LBC"...who remembers that one these days?  "All Day Everyday"?  "VSOP"?  "Gangsta Lean"?  All were minor hits back in their day, now forgotten.  THAT is what I mean.  For every classic like "Gin And Juice", there were forgettable records like the ones I've mentioned above.  Records like those were the ones that were all over the airwaves in the mid-90s and which aren't remembered today.

I think its time to up the dosage my friend, clearly your medicine levels are due for an adjustment. 

How about you apologize to me for acting like a fucking know-it-all when I just ethered you instead?  Go argue with your imaginary bitch; I'm sure she'll be easier for you to handle.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 09:15:28 PM by Ellsworth "Bumpy" Johnson »

Efrain

« Reply #112 on: October 31, 2006, 09:11:50 PM »
It's ok Ellsworth, just calm down and give me your doctors number I'll call him for you. We'll get through this ok? I promise everything is going to be all right.

Narrator

« Reply #113 on: October 31, 2006, 09:15:00 PM »
It's ok Ellsworth, just calm down and give me your doctors number I'll call him for you. We'll get through this ok? I promise everything is going to be all right.

LOL, why are you telling me I need a doctor?  I'm not the one who argues with my imaginary girlfriend.  Schizophrenic-ass white boy.

Oh, yeah and you just got ethered.  Prepare for further blows from SGV.

Efrain

« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2006, 09:26:51 PM »

LOL, why are you telling me I need a doctor?  I'm not the one who argues with my imaginary girlfriend.  Schizophrenic-ass white boy.

Oh, yeah and you just got ethered.  Prepare for further blows from SGV.

Uh huh, right right. Yes I’ll go back to my imaginary girlfriend (of whom I live with) and you can go back to “eathering” people on the internet. Spread that knowledge Ellsworth I think people are starting to listen to you! (BLAH HAHAH)

SGV

« Reply #115 on: October 31, 2006, 11:07:09 PM »

… and those lyrics? C’mon man, what kind of dog shit is that? That’s a facile comparison and you know it. You want to quote g-funk by quoting Kurupt over half a decade later? Nice try, lets be fare and look at a Kurupt verse during g-funk and you tell me (and everyone here) it isn’t 1) complex, 2) creative and 3) sparks cognitive processing. 

Verse one: Kurupt, “New York, New York”

It’s the incredible, the lyrical
You can’t be me like nietzsche, to see me is gonna take a miracle
I’m driving motherfuckers hysterical, with a
Touch of this twister, stylistic mixture
What I create pulsates, there is no escape
Annihilate your mental mindstate
Dre labels my vocabulary abusive
I packs more knowledge than confuscius, I’m deadly
Induce you like medusa, with thoughts to shed
And niggaz throughout this hemisphere, far and near
Prepare, catch me chillin like the winter
Up against the number one contender, as I enter
Cause I gets heated like friction
Motherfuck your whole jurisdiction, react this fact not fiction
Telepathic addiction, to this homicidal recital
Dangerous and vital to all my rivals
Suicidal, brainwaves conveys
To the average motherfuckers minds these days
I’m all ready to put work in
Take ten steps and turn to shoot the first nigga smirkin
Give a fuck, what’s your name, what you claim
Or why you came, motherfucker don’t explain
Simply, don’t tempt me, cause I’m simply
Layin hoes life’s empty, the invincible mc

Now lets look at a Lil Jon verse from his “Kings of Crunk” album, his highest selling and most well know.

Verse two: Lil Jon, “Bitches”

You be actin like a bitch
So we treat you like a bitch
You be actin like a bitch
So we treat you like a bitch
We beat you like a bitch
Kick your ass like a bitch
We take your fuckin shit
And leave you stuck like a bitch
You wearin panties like a bitch
Yo pussy like a bitch
You sound like a bitch
You talkin like a bitch
You cryin like a bitch
You whinin like a bitch
I hate you fuckin bitch
We’ll kill you bitch

.... Do I really need to say anything?

To use your own logic: … and those lyrics? C’mon man, what kind of dog shit is that? That’s a facile comparison and you know it. You want to quote Crunk by quoting Lil Jon over half a decade later? Nice try, lets be "fare" and look at a verse by an actual rapper during Crunk's hey-day and you tell me (and everyone here) it isn’t 1) complex, 2) creative and 3) sparks cognitive processing. 

(Lord Infamous)
Totin' the dead body over my shoulder
And sure to break out with my shovel
Or let evil look forward
And I start to dig up and toss in the body
And give up more money as bank of the sore
Three seperate bodies hacked up with a axe
And I think a big sack
Been chewed up by rats
I'm just writing these poems
They bring to renown cause a triple six
Night to rescore
Split rists with nee-dles in my fists
And amidst', thy clicks, of tricks
No I'm not a Christian
But I'm mentally ill and I don't
Understand all the reasons
Well I think it's killin' season
And neither does my schitzophrenic friends
So therefore nigga due to my mental
Defocalty
Scarecrow is only entertained
By helping enemies bleed
Let all the bodies soak in all the blood
Let's go smoke with that chick with no pity
I bloody cut chop up they shell goes in
20 gauge
Finally thinkin' like I was fright-nit-ting
I'm havin'no thoughts
Of the lives I've done lost
When I'm blazin' that stupid gauge fire
Cause I'm havin' a halloween slaughter
It turned my gun focal
Just thank Micheal Myers
No mutilation's paralyzations
Got no patience when I'm chasin'
Down a patient
Tryin' to thwart assassination

Now, that's not your typical "Get rowdy in the Club" Crunk song that you know today. That was and still is what Crunk is... It's the South's Gangsta music. And, just like G-Funk made bullshit Club records ("Xxplosive"), it also made songs like that you see above. Crunk and G-Funk are not far off from each other, but a hater will make it seem that way.

Doggystyle, Dogg Food, The Chronic, etc. had NOTHING intellectual on them. DO NOT front. The songs were NOT complex. Just becuase Kurupt put "big" words together, doesn't make it complex. What you did was find the most notable Kurupt verse, that you knew people would agree with, and posted it. You know as well as anyone that G-Funk was and still nothing but a bunch of street dudes over sampled 70s and 80s Funk & R&B records. Disagree? Let's look at: South Central Cartel, Daz, Kill Kill, Warren G, MC Eiht, The Twinz... These guys did NOT make complex music, yet they're some of the favorites among G-Funk fans. So yeah... You're basically bad mouthing the same thing you're supporting. The only difference is that it's packaged as Southern music, which you obviously do not like.

Delusional? You're avoiding the facts. Nobody strayed off topic.  Your support of G-Funk was perfectly relateable to the debate, as they're nearly the same essence. Let's be real, since we're being "delusional." How many G-Funk artists are relevent today? Snoop? Dre? Yeah... That's it. Kurupt, Daz etc. they're not relevent in the grand scheme of things. So, if history had been kind to G-Funk, wouldn't they be relevent today? What was so creative about G-Funk that people like Erick Sermon didn't do before them? Nothing. If it had been done before, it wasn't creative. So, historically, factually and commonly understood: You're facts are inaccurate.

So keep living in fanstasy land guy if it makes you feel better about bumping that Kurupt CD, stuttering the asinine lyrics and sipping haterade... don't worry about a thing, the rest of the world takes you just as seriously as you do.

Cube was far from G-Funk. Cmon, he was fuckin' with the Bomb Squad. Sure he made some G-Funk tracks here and there, but he was hardly a G-Funk artist (if you consider him G-Funk, then Snoop will be considered Crunk and then your arguement is all fucked up). So yeah, Snoop and Dre is the only artists you can talk about today.

G-Funk influenced a dude like Easy Mo Bee... But to be real, Erick Sermon influenced G-Funk (That's why DJ Quik shows love to him). Again, not as creative as you think. Not only that, but the "big" G-Funk records all can be traced back to either Snoop or Dre with ease. We all agree Snoop and Dre are still known today, but like I stated earlier, are the others? No.

So yeah... who's really delusional? The person who thinks because Snoop or Dre are the only artists from the G-Funk era who are still relevent, that History has been "kind" to G-Funk? Or the people who think History has been very kind to Crunk as it's artists have been around for 10 years and are still relevent today.

Disagree?

8 Ball & MJG - Debut in 93. Still making hits in 06.
David Banner - Debut in 99 (under Crooked Lettaz). Still making hits in 06.
Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz - Debut in 97. Still making hits in 06.
Three 6 Mafia - Debut in 95. Still making hits in 06.
Youngbloodz - Debut in 99. Still making hits in 06.

I can go on. What happened to Warren G after 7 years? He was a non-factor in Hip Hop. The same can be said about every G-Funk artists except for Dre and Snoop. But, look at the "Crunk" artists I listed. Been out 7 years or longer and are still making major noise in the Hip Hop world. So, you tell me, who has History been kinder to? Just off the list alone: 5-2 in favor of Crunk.

Sikotic™

« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2006, 11:16:36 PM »
Can you really claim G-Funk is THAT creative when they do more sampling than Crunk.
West Coast Forum  LOL! ???
What kind of defense is that?

I'm simply stating the truth: G-Funk can't be more creative than Crunk because G-Funk uses a grip of samples from George Clinton/Roger Troutman, etc. Bumpy broke it down perfectly above.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Efrain

« Reply #117 on: November 01, 2006, 03:10:12 AM »

Doggystyle, Dogg Food, The Chronic, etc. had NOTHING intellectual on them. DO NOT front. The songs were NOT complex. Just becuase Kurupt put "big" words together, doesn't make it complex. What you did was find the most notable Kurupt verse, that you knew people would agree with, and posted it. You know as well as anyone that G-Funk was and still nothing but a bunch of street dudes over sampled 70s and 80s Funk & R&B records. Disagree? Let's look at: South Central Cartel, Daz, Kill Kill, Warren G, MC Eiht, The Twinz... These guys did NOT make complex music, yet they're some of the favorites among G-Funk fans. So yeah... You're basically bad mouthing the same thing you're supporting. The only difference is that it's packaged as Southern music, which you obviously do not like.

Delusional? You're avoiding the facts. Nobody strayed off topic.  Your support of G-Funk was perfectly relateable to the debate, as they're nearly the same essence. Let's be real, since we're being "delusional." How many G-Funk artists are relevent today? Snoop? Dre? Yeah... That's it. Kurupt, Daz etc. they're not relevent in the grand scheme of things. So, if history had been kind to G-Funk, wouldn't they be relevent today? What was so creative about G-Funk that people like Erick Sermon didn't do before them? Nothing. If it had been done before, it wasn't creative. So, historically, factually and commonly understood: You're facts are inaccurate.

Cube was far from G-Funk. Cmon, he was fuckin' with the Bomb Squad. Sure he made some G-Funk tracks here and there, but he was hardly a G-Funk artist (if you consider him G-Funk, then Snoop will be considered Crunk and then your arguement is all fucked up). So yeah, Snoop and Dre is the only artists you can talk about today.

G-Funk influenced a dude like Easy Mo Bee... But to be real, Erick Sermon influenced G-Funk (That's why DJ Quik shows love to him). Again, not as creative as you think. Not only that, but the "big" G-Funk records all can be traced back to either Snoop or Dre with ease. We all agree Snoop and Dre are still known today, but like I stated earlier, are the others? No.

So yeah... who's really delusional? The person who thinks because Snoop or Dre are the only artists from the G-Funk era who are still relevent, that History has been "kind" to G-Funk? Or the people who think History has been very kind to Crunk as it's artists have been around for 10 years and are still relevent today.

Disagree?

8 Ball & MJG - Debut in 93. Still making hits in 06.
David Banner - Debut in 99 (under Crooked Lettaz). Still making hits in 06.
Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz - Debut in 97. Still making hits in 06.
Three 6 Mafia - Debut in 95. Still making hits in 06.
Youngbloodz - Debut in 99. Still making hits in 06.

I can go on. What happened to Warren G after 7 years? He was a non-factor in Hip Hop. The same can be said about every G-Funk artists except for Dre and Snoop. But, look at the "Crunk" artists I listed. Been out 7 years or longer and are still making major noise in the Hip Hop world. So, you tell me, who has History been kinder to? Just off the list alone: 5-2 in favor of Crunk.

Please, don’t try to bate me into some waste-of-everyone’s-time battle over record sales. The back street boys have been around even longer so has techno music and easy listening music beats them all. Let’s not forget Milli Vanilli who’ve sold ten million records. And so on, it means absolutely nothing.

Music is accurately judged by, and remembered for: its creativity, its ability to transfer information, feeling and/or message and its overall impact on music as a whole. When I say history has been good to g-funk I’m talking not only about the success that the biggest names in g-funk continue to have MORE than a decade later, I’m also talking about g-funk’s place in music and history.

G-funk changed the way gangster rap was made forever and hi-jacked all of hip-hop for the better part of half a decade. Crunk music only changed the way club music is made in hip-hop. G-funk was dynamic, you could play it in a club, or feel it and think about it or relax to it. Crunk music isn’t, it is only music for clubs. G-funk was authentic, by that I mean it was something you couldn’t imitate. There are dozens of artists who tried to jump on the g-funk bandwagon when it was popular and it never worked, for some of them it destroyed their careers (see Mc Hammer). Anyone, I repeat anyone can make an “authentic” Crunk record, they’re ubiquitous in modern day hip-hop and R&B. Name me one artist who tried to make a Crunk record and it ruined them?

What it all boils down to is Crunk music:

1)   Lacks authenticity, virtually anyone can make it and be successful.
2)   Is composed of simple, repetitive lyrics and instrumentation purposely and carefully designed to prevent distraction by mental
         stimulation, active cognition or emotional involvement.   
3)   Seriously lacks the dynamic nature of other genres. 
4)   Is most comparable in this regard to disco, dance pop music, techno and easy listening.

If you want to call Crunk equivalent to g-funk fine I don’t care. While you’re at it eat toothpaste and throw things at the other people in your asylum. It is a poor comparison and only a dimwitted person couldn’t see that.

Now, I’m not on trial here, nor do I poses the mental fortitude to explore the depths of insanity with you by answering every one of your misguided attempts to make you and your friends look less retarded so quickly let me address some of your brain farts.

(1) Cube on g-funk-

Ice Cube was absolutely one of the biggest selling g-funk artists. He adopted the g-funk sound on Predator through Lethal injection and it carried on to Westside Connection. Don’t try to bullshit here and say he made “a g-funk track here and there” have you ever even listened to Lethal Injection? The entire album is g-funk. Cube is the most successful non Death Row signed promulgator of the g-funk sound next to Warren G, intentionally or otherwise.   

Evidently you don’t see the alarming hierocracy in denying Ice Cube’s place as a supporting character in g-funk yet 8 Ball & MJG and Young bloodz can all be your principal representatives for Crunk music when you know damn well (just like everyone else does), that they didn’t start their music careers “Crunk.”     

(2) Asinine assertion that 15 years of relevance and success in hip hop isn’t actually success- 

This one is starting to really trouble me; I just want you guys to know that I worry for you. Let’s just make this cut and dry and not argue the gradation of fame and success. It’s been 15 years since g-funk started. Bottom line: g-funk’s biggest stars are still some of the biggest stars in hip-hop fifteen (15) years after the fact.

You guys keep mentioning the lesser known g-funk one hit wonders as if their absence from the current hip-hop climate somehow indicates the entire genre was worthless. By that rational the original pioneers of hip hop were talent less hacks because CD III wasn’t smashing the game during the 90’s and “Get Tough” isn’t on the radio twenty four seven.

Virtually every successful artist from the g-funk period has maintained a level of success and relevance to this date (an achievement unprecedented in hip-hop mind you), end of discussion. 

(3) Doggysyle, Chronic and Dogg Food not being intelligent-

We agree, I’ve said I don’t believe the records are intelligent so I don’t know who you are tying to argue this point to. What I did say however is that those albums exhibited high musical complexity, innovation and lyrical content capable of evoking emotions running the gamut from happiness to anger and attraction to fear. Those records rustled a lot of feathers when they came out (see Dan Quale, C. Deloris Tucker, store protests, Congressional hearing etc.) and it wasn’t because the music wasn’t saying anything.

Truthfully I think Crunk music is probably more offensive in content but the reality is no one cares because you’re not suppose to actually “listen” to the words anyways. In Crunk words are just silly little things that you use to combine vowels so you can create mind numbing melodies and loud noises the sole purpose of which is to keep you dancing and not thinking, feeling or otherwise taking an active part in the experience.       

SGV

« Reply #118 on: November 01, 2006, 07:28:57 AM »

Please, don’t try to bate me into some waste-of-everyone’s-time battle over record sales. The back street boys have been around even longer so has techno music and easy listening music beats them all. Let’s not forget Milli Vanilli who’ve sold ten million records. And so on, it means absolutely nothing.

Don't try to bate you into a battle over record sales? I never even mentioned record sales idiot.

Music is accurately judged by, and remembered for: its creativity, its ability to transfer information, feeling and/or message and its overall impact on music as a whole. When I say history has been good to g-funk I’m talking not only about the success that the biggest names in g-funk continue to have MORE than a decade later, I’m also talking about g-funk’s place in music and history.

What wasn't creative about Crunk? How does it NOT have feeling and/or message? How did it NOT impact music as a whole? G-Funk's place in music and history stay in Snoop and Dre. Like we've said before, and you keep trying to ignore, nobody else in "G-Funk" was as successful. In another ten years from now, nobody will ever remember any one from the G-Funk era that wasn't Snoop or Dre, if they weren't fans of West Coast Hip Hop at that time. Why? Cuz history hasn't been too kind to G-Funk. When it's brought up in Magazines and on T.V., only Snoop, Dre and Deathrow are mentioned (not even a name check of Dogg Pound, they're just lumped into Deathrow). History being kind to a music is that music continuing to do well, years later.

G-funk changed the way gangster rap was made forever and hi-jacked all of hip-hop for the better part of half a decade. Crunk music only changed the way club music is made in hip-hop. G-funk was dynamic, you could play it in a club, or feel it and think about it or relax to it. Crunk music isn’t, it is only music for clubs. G-funk was authentic, by that I mean it was something you couldn’t imitate. There are dozens of artists who tried to jump on the g-funk bandwagon when it was popular and it never worked, for some of them it destroyed their careers (see Mc Hammer). Anyone, I repeat anyone can make an “authentic” Crunk record, they’re ubiquitous in modern day hip-hop and R&B. Name me one artist who tried to make a Crunk record and it ruined them?

Selective reading eh? Crunk music is to the South (namely Memphis at first, then later Atlanta) as G-Funk was to L.A. Are you sure you want to say it's "only music for clubs"??? Because, you're wrong again. Ball & G, 3-6 etc. came out at first on some Gangsta shit. They made Club records, but their focus was street bangers. That was what Crunk was (and still is). But, it just happens that the most popular side of Crunk is the Club shit. Hammer was destroyed, not because he couldn't make G-Funk, it was because NOBODY wanted to hear Hammer rap gangsta shit. You're delusional to think other wise. Nice try.... So yeah, name me one artist who tried to make a G-Funk record and it ruined them, because the music wasn't up to par (as opposed to people thinking their LYRICS and CONCEPTS are corny). You say "anyone' can make a Crunk record right? Prove it. Since you went ahead and made this assumption, show it to us.

What it all boils down to is Crunk music:

1)   Lacks authenticity, virtually anyone can make it and be successful.
2)   Is composed of simple, repetitive lyrics and instrumentation purposely and carefully designed to prevent distraction by mental
         stimulation, active cognition or emotional involvement.   
3)   Seriously lacks the dynamic nature of other genres. 
4)   Is most comparable in this regard to disco, dance pop music, techno and easy listening.

1. What's NOT authentic about it? How can anyone make it and be successful? Proof of that?
2. How do you explain the verse I posted? Why are you avoiding that?
3. What's not dynamic about it? Don't just say it.
4. LMAO @ This. As I stated, before Crunk Party music took off, nobody was listening to Crunk for anything but it's lyrical content. Why are you avoiding the verse I posted? Afraid that it ruins your entire arguement? Probably.

If you want to call Crunk equivalent to g-funk fine I don’t care. While you’re at it eat toothpaste and throw things at the other people in your asylum. It is a poor comparison and only a dimwitted person couldn’t see that.

Poor attempts to make fun of me does not help your case. It just shows you're running out of things to say, so you revert back to being a child and start insulting people.  Who's really dimwitted here? The grown man throwing "you're retarded" insults? No.

Now, I’m not on trial here, nor do I poses the mental fortitude to explore the depths of insanity with you by answering every one of your misguided attempts to make you and your friends look less retarded so quickly let me address some of your brain farts.

Again, see above.

(1) Cube on g-funk-

Ice Cube was absolutely one of the biggest selling g-funk artists. He adopted the g-funk sound on Predator through Lethal injection and it carried on to Westside Connection. Don’t try to bullshit here and say he made “a g-funk track here and there” have you ever even listened to Lethal Injection? The entire album is g-funk. Cube is the most successful non Death Row signed promulgator of the g-funk sound next to Warren G, intentionally or otherwise.   

Evidently you don’t see the alarming hierocracy in denying Ice Cube’s place as a supporting character in g-funk yet 8 Ball & MJG and Young bloodz can all be your principal representatives for Crunk music when you know damn well (just like everyone else does), that they didn’t start their music careers “Crunk.”     

Westside Connection did NOT sound G-Funk to me at all. That shit had a dark overtone that you did not see in G-Funk. Like I said, he didn't make G-Funk like your Snoops, Warren Gs and such. You brought up Predator, "It Was A Good Day" was one of the biggest singles from that album and that's not G-Funk. Another big single was "Check Yo Self." Are you saying that was G-Funk? Hardly. Shit still had a huge East Coast influence. So, yeah... Anything else to say?

(2) Asinine assertion that 15 years of relevance and success in hip hop isn’t actually success- 

This one is starting to really trouble me; I just want you guys to know that I worry for you. Let’s just make this cut and dry and not argue the gradation of fame and success. It’s been 15 years since g-funk started. Bottom line: g-funk’s biggest stars are still some of the biggest stars in hip-hop fifteen (15) years after the fact.

You guys keep mentioning the lesser known g-funk one hit wonders as if their absence from the current hip-hop climate somehow indicates the entire genre was worthless. By that rational the original pioneers of hip hop were talent less hacks because CD III wasn’t smashing the game during the 90’s and “Get Tough” isn’t on the radio twenty four seven.

Virtually every successful artist from the g-funk period has maintained a level of success and relevance to this date (an achievement unprecedented in hip-hop mind you), end of discussion. 

You just said yourself that only TWO artists are still successful. If only TWO out of THOUSANDS are successful, what does that say? That indicates that the genre was full of artists who were worthless without a Funk sample. So, this is something you find shows success? No. Snoop's "G-Funk" records he makes today fail. Dre hasn't ventured into G-Funk in a long time. So yes, two artists from the G-Funk era are still doing well, but they're not making G-Funk records that are blowing up anymore, now are they?

(3) Doggysyle, Chronic and Dogg Food not being intelligent-

We agree, I’ve said I don’t believe the records are intelligent so I don’t know who you are tying to argue this point to. What I did say however is that those albums exhibited high musical complexity, innovation and lyrical content capable of evoking emotions running the gamut from happiness to anger and attraction to fear. Those records rustled a lot of feathers when they came out (see Dan Quale, C. Deloris Tucker, store protests, Congressional hearing etc.) and it wasn’t because the music wasn’t saying anything.

Truthfully I think Crunk music is probably more offensive in content but the reality is no one cares because you’re not suppose to actually “listen” to the words anyways. In Crunk words are just silly little things that you use to combine vowels so you can create mind numbing melodies and loud noises the sole purpose of which is to keep you dancing and not thinking, feeling or otherwise taking an active part in the experience.       

Yet again ignoring the verse I posted. You keep saying the same thing because you can't combat facts.

Narrator

« Reply #119 on: November 01, 2006, 07:39:47 AM »
Damn, SGV, you're killing this dude.  Please be careful of his self-esteem; if you're not, he might have to start talking to his imaginary girlfriend again so that he can think he's winning.

Oh, and BTW, Efrain, I sure as fucking hell hope you aren't gonna tell me you don't know what it means to "ether" somebody.  Your post (and the fact that you can't even spell it correctly) would appear to indicate that's the case...and yet you call yourself a hip-hop head?