Author Topic: The South Is Mad At Nas  (Read 9645 times)

SGV

Re: The South Is Mad At Nas
« Reply #120 on: November 01, 2006, 07:43:55 AM »
Damn, SGV, you're killing this dude.  Please be careful of his self-esteem; if you're not, he might have to start talking to his imaginary girlfriend again so that he can think he's winning.

Oh, and BTW, Efrain, I sure as fucking hell hope you aren't gonna tell me you don't know what it means to "ether" somebody.  Your post (and the fact that you can't even spell it correctly) would appear to indicate that's the case...and yet you call yourself a hip-hop head?

What he does is this: He gets himself a thesaurus and tries to find the biggest words possible to make it seem like he's saying something worthwhile. But, much like he says Crunk is just a bunch of words with no meaning, that's what his posts boil down to. This dude is just a hater.

Narrator

« Reply #121 on: November 01, 2006, 07:50:17 AM »
What he does is this: He gets himself a thesaurus and tries to find the biggest words possible to make it seem like he's saying something worthwhile. But, much like he says Crunk is just a bunch of words with no meaning, that's what his posts boil down to. This dude is just a hater.

I don't think you even need a thesaurus to come up with the kinda bullshit he spews - his arguments just make no sense, period, and if he even needed a thesaurus to articulate himself, that just makes them even seem more pathetic and inane.

"Seriously lacks the dynamic nature of other genres" - man, what the fuck is that supposed to mean?  Like we agree, he's just throwing words together to give the ILLUISION of intellectual validity where there is none.

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #122 on: November 01, 2006, 11:03:19 AM »
This is actually a discussion worth reading...

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #123 on: November 01, 2006, 11:18:07 AM »

I don't think you even need a thesaurus to come up with the kinda bullshit he spews - his arguments just make no sense, period, and if he even needed a thesaurus to articulate himself, that just makes them even seem more pathetic and inane.

"Seriously lacks the dynamic nature of other genres" - man, what the fuck is that supposed to mean?  Like we agree, he's just throwing words together to give the ILLUISION of intellectual validity where there is none.

Damn yall served that kid, everything that needs to be said has been said.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #124 on: November 01, 2006, 11:21:43 AM »

Damn yall served that kid, everything that needs to be said has been said.

Isnt it more a matter of opinion.

Narrator

« Reply #125 on: November 01, 2006, 11:27:43 AM »

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #126 on: November 01, 2006, 11:35:53 AM »
Isnt it more a matter of opinion.

No.

In my opinion, the opinions spread around here are more a matter of opinions.

Narrator

« Reply #127 on: November 01, 2006, 11:51:28 AM »
In my opinion, the opinions spread around here are more a matter of opinions.

Not when some of us here know what we're talking about.  There are informed opinons, and uninformed opinions.

Efrain

« Reply #128 on: November 01, 2006, 03:31:39 PM »
Yet again ignoring the verse I posted. You keep saying the same thing because you can't combat facts.

I say Crunk is less than comparable to g-funk for xyz reason then I list them. You just keep quoting me saying “Why?” Go back and read my previous posts to find out why I’m not going to keep saying it.   

Everyone here has already agreed Crunk music primarily for the clubs. Now you’re saying it isn’t? That’s complete nonsense. And don’t try to lump all of southern rap into the Cunk category, Crunk is its own sub-division of southern rap. You keep claiming otherwise, again that makes you misinformed or delusional. Crunk music is a style of hip-hop dance music primarily for clubs, don’t believe me? Look it up in any modern dictionary or encyclopedia.

As far as my assertion that anyone can make a “Crunk” record without criticism and be just as successful as southern rappers in Crunk music, they can! You actually need examples from me? Lets start with Usher, Mariah Cary, Lil Bow Wow, DMX, Nas, TLC, Janet Jackson, Fat Joe and MC HAMMER. Lil Jon is also working with Whitney Houston and Aaron Carter on their upcoming albums, no doubt popular club hits in the making. So I guess those artists qualify as born and bread authentic Crunk southern rappers in your whacked out mind but again, a quick reality check shows that those artists aren’t southern rappers and a quick crossover into Crunk from any musical genre is virtually seamless and often consistently successful. 

Anyone can do Crunk. It doesn’t require any special skill set, or background or knowledge to have a hit in Crunk; face it friend, it just doesn’t.

As for Ice Cube, you are just wrong (again). Go look at who produced Predator that wasn’t bomb squad moron it was Dj Pooh, Muggs and Sir Jinx. In 92 g-funk was just starting to take form and those influences are clear as day in that album. Cube ditched bomb squad to keep with the changing trends in music and opted for a funkier sound (because of g-funk). Hence his promotion of the genre and his contribution to its success.

You say West Side Connection didn’t have g-funk influences on it? Was there high pitched, heavy portamento synth usage with strong baselines? Don’t bother answering, there were, you’re wrong. 

Mc Hammer did destroyed his career by trying to switch to gangster rap in 94’ during g-funk’s prime (and thus g-funk), he even featured The Dogg Pound on his album how can you possibly try to say Mc Hammer wasn’t jumping on the g-funk band wagon?         

And lastly let me address this mystery verse of yours you hold in such high esteem. This is not a “Crunk” record. It could never be misconstrued as one, and no one, I repeat NO ONE would ever be dumb enough to call this a Crunk record except you. Again little boy don’t stray off topic this is about Crunk music not southern rap; two distinguishable and demonstrably different sub genres of hip-hop. This verse you quote is from Three 6 Mafia in 95. They didn’t even make a “Crunk” styled record until 97 with “Tear the club up.” We’re juxtaposing Crunk music in its prime to g-funk in its prime, not west coast music and southern music.

So please before you reply again read what I wrote. Think about it and then respond. If something resonates with you (which it should considering it is reality) then maybe you should concede a point or two. After all you still wont admit that Crunk music is designed for, primarily played at and enjoys the most success in: the club. An indisputable fact you refuse to accept.

Correct?

Before we can continue you need to come to terms with that. And I don’t want to hear any more “no, then ok name another one” or “Why's” from you. That’s how a child argues with their parents, son.

SGV

« Reply #129 on: November 01, 2006, 09:36:09 PM »

I say Crunk is less than comparable to g-funk for xyz reason then I list them. You just keep quoting me saying “Why?” Go back and read my previous posts to find out why I’m not going to keep saying it.   
You just make a blanket statement, but you don't elaborate. That's why we ask why.

Everyone here has already agreed Crunk music primarily for the clubs. Now you’re saying it isn’t? That’s complete nonsense. And don’t try to lump all of southern rap into the Cunk category, Crunk is its own sub-division of southern rap. You keep claiming otherwise, again that makes you misinformed or delusional. Crunk music is a style of hip-hop dance music primarily for clubs, don’t believe me? Look it up in any modern dictionary or encyclopedia.

I don't need to look up a dictionary, I just have to listen to muic. 3-6 been making rowdy cuts labeled as Crunk since the mid 90s, they haven't always been Club records. Don't be dumb. Show me where I lump Southern rap into Crunk. If I did that, where's the mention of Scarface? Bun B? etc. I can't use their names to defend Crunk cuz they're not Crunk. Now, are who's delusional? You. Why? You're making things up to save face.

As far as my assertion that anyone can make a “Crunk” record without criticism and be just as successful as southern rappers in Crunk music, they can! You actually need examples from me? Lets start with Usher, Mariah Cary, Lil Bow Wow, DMX, Nas, TLC, Janet Jackson, Fat Joe and MC HAMMER. Lil Jon is also working with Whitney Houston and Aaron Carter on their upcoming albums, no doubt popular club hits in the making. So I guess those artists qualify as born and bread authentic Crunk southern rappers in your whacked out mind but again, a quick reality check shows that those artists aren’t southern rappers and a quick crossover into Crunk from any musical genre is virtually seamless and often consistently successful. 

Usher made "Yeah" and was successful. You're right. But was it thanks to a Crunk artist like Lil Jon and (semi-Crunk) Ludacris that gave it that validity for the Crunk stamp. LMAO @ Mariah Carey. Show me her Crunk tracks. Bow Wow's successful songs have never and will never be Crunk. They're always his chick jams. DMX? LMAO!!!!! He's made Crunk and was successful? Nas? Homeboy, you're really reaching. Bravehearts didn't do shit, even after making that single with Lil Jon. TLC? Haha. Janet? Fat Joe? WTF?!!! DOGG! Are you really being serious? What you're doing is lumping people together that may have made a song with a Crunk beat once or twice. But NONE of these people blew up off this shit. After reading this, I can tell you have no knowledge of Hip Hop whatsoever.

Anyone can do Crunk. It doesn’t require any special skill set, or background or knowledge to have a hit in Crunk; face it friend, it just doesn’t.

Ok. Make a Crunk track. If anyone can do it, so can you. Do it. Otherwise you're wrong.

As for Ice Cube, you are just wrong (again). Go look at who produced Predator that wasn’t bomb squad moron it was Dj Pooh, Muggs and Sir Jinx. In 92 g-funk was just starting to take form and those influences are clear as day in that album. Cube ditched bomb squad to keep with the changing trends in music and opted for a funkier sound (because of g-funk). Hence his promotion of the genre and his contribution to its success.

You say West Side Connection didn’t have g-funk influences on it? Was there high pitched, heavy portamento synth usage with strong baselines? Don’t bother answering, there were, you’re wrong. 

One, did I EVER say Bomb Squad produced on Predator? Don't call someone a moron when you can't even get facts straight. LMAO. You really make yourself look worse each time. As I stated, his two biggest singles were non-G-Funk. You continue to talk about success, but avoid the true fact of what was successful and what wasn't. As I stated, WSC was more of a dark-overtone used to combat East Coast rappers and critics. They weren't making funked out ode's to Roger and George Clinton. They were nothing like you heard on Doggystyle, Chronic, etc. That was NOT G-Funk. You had Cube and them damn near yelling on tracks... How many G-Funk tracks had that? None, if any at all.

Mc Hammer did destroyed his career by trying to switch to gangster rap in 94’ during g-funk’s prime (and thus g-funk), he even featured The Dogg Pound on his album how can you possibly try to say Mc Hammer wasn’t jumping on the g-funk band wagon?         

Gangsta Rap is not G-Funk. Sure, some Gangsta Rap was made in the form of G-Funk, but Gangsta Rap was also considered Crunk (which is what artists like 8-Ball & MJG, 3-6 Mafia, etc. made). Hell, people consider some of BDP's early music Gangsta Rap, they weren't G-Funk. You're mixing up two things, trying to make them one. Hammer destroyed himself by portraying himself as a Gangsta, not because he used funk samples. LOL. You have gotta be kidding me.

And lastly let me address this mystery verse of yours you hold in such high esteem. This is not a “Crunk” record. It could never be misconstrued as one, and no one, I repeat NO ONE would ever be dumb enough to call this a Crunk record except you. Again little boy don’t stray off topic this is about Crunk music not southern rap; two distinguishable and demonstrably different sub genres of hip-hop. This verse you quote is from Three 6 Mafia in 95. They didn’t even make a “Crunk” styled record until 97 with “Tear the club up.” We’re juxtaposing Crunk music in its prime to g-funk in its prime, not west coast music and southern music.

You're an idiot. They didn't make a Crunk record until 97? How about making a song called "Gettem Crunk" in 96? LOL. You mention "Tear Da Club Up" and since you seem to know what album the song I posted came from, how do you not know the ORIGINAL "Tear Da Club Up" was on that same album? LMAO. You're really not doing too well. You don't even know what you're really talking about here. Mystic Stylez is to Crunk, as Doggystyle is to G-Funk. The raw gritty-ness of that album was the personification of Memphis Crunk. It wasn't until Atlanta took Memphis Crunk and mixed it with the Miami bass that was the craze during the time that it really took off and made it's debut in other Southern areas.

So please before you reply again read what I wrote. Think about it and then respond. If something resonates with you (which it should considering it is reality) then maybe you should concede a point or two. After all you still wont admit that Crunk music is designed for, primarily played at and enjoys the most success in: the club. An indisputable fact you refuse to accept.

Correct?

You never even heard Mystic Stylez... How can you speak on what Crunk is or isn't? Correct?

Before we can continue you need to come to terms with that. And I don’t want to hear any more “no, then ok name another one” or “Why's” from you. That’s how a child argues with their parents, son.

Elaborate then.You don't want me to ask why, then make sure you elaborate. See, a child will just say: "this is the fact..." and when asked why: "Because." That's what you're doing. What I'm doing is what anybody in a debate would do: Ask the other person to validate the statement. The child in you doesn't want to, because he can't, daughter.

Narrator

« Reply #130 on: November 02, 2006, 04:40:30 PM »
11th Commandment: "Thou shall not fuck with SGV The Wise, for His knowledge of hip-hop exceeds that of the elitist wiggers who want to be down."

J Bananas

« Reply #131 on: November 02, 2006, 07:17:57 PM »
you clowns are somethin else

Narrator

« Reply #132 on: November 02, 2006, 08:11:10 PM »
you clowns are somethin else

Yeah, knowledgable.  Cats like us are a rarity these days, sadly.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #133 on: November 02, 2006, 08:15:47 PM »
This is sad lol, SGV is slaughtering this EFRAIN kid. Look at the arguments, Efrain keeps coming up with bogus shit that is irrelevant while SGV is coming at him with fact after fact, lol try to go a lil easy on the kid SGV, you're killing him.

Sikotic™

« Reply #134 on: November 02, 2006, 10:46:28 PM »
LOL this shit is classic.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE