Author Topic: Did God create sin?  (Read 788 times)

westkoastanostra

Re: Did God create sin?
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2006, 11:25:33 AM »
^^^yes me too....

Sikotic™

« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2006, 05:47:44 PM »
damn it is true we have no idea what will happen til qwe die,but I like to make my peace with God before I die ya know?Feel Me?
^^^yes me too....
So is the motivation wanting to worship God because you love him or because you want to use him as an insurance policy just in case there is a hell?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sikotic™

« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2006, 06:00:25 PM »
I'm not saying I don't believe in God. If I didn't I wouldn't of even made this topic. Sorry, but I'm not gonna go ahead and believe something that doesn't make sense just because a book says so. I've constantly been questioned about my beliefs by people because of the fact that I'm not ignorant, and I feel it's important to fully grasp a concept instead of blindly following it. Just because I question certain things doesn't mean I'm trying to shit on it, I wanna get a better understanding. Oranized religion tends to shun on this though. In order for there to be faith, there has to be some truth to it as well. 
The problem is that it is impossible to fully understand the concept of God making a lot of your questions redundent. That's not saying you shouldn't question certain concepts people hold as truth, but you seem a little exasperated when these questions can't be answered by people.
I agree with you about the concept of God being impossible to fully understand, however, we were given some insight on the concept of God through the Bible or whatever book you subscribe to (I'll refer to the Bible since it's what I know best). The Bible proclaims God as The Creator, no "ifs", "ands", or "buts" about it. So basically we can assume that he is the creator of ALL things, there's no disputing that.

Now, when I ask someone that if God is The Creator, does that mean he created sin, I get one of 3 responses:

1) How dare you say that!!!
2) You have to have faith
3) Of course not

When I get answer number 3, the person usually goes off into a tangent on purpose. Of course it's obvious that nobody really knows the answer to this, but the fact that the question I posed led to either someone lying to me or completely denying the validity of the question because it questioned their faith was interesting.

IMO God created everything. He gave us the choice of going by what he wants (the "good" thing), or to do what he doesn't want (sin). So yes, he did create sin. But when you look at sin, you can't just look at it as being wrong or right. Sin is just what God does not want us to do, and what He deemed incorrect (after all, He would know, he IS God). He gave us the free will to choose what we want to do. He created everything including sin, and gave us the choice of which one which one to fallow.
So far I actually think you've made the most sense in this entire thread.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Narrator

« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2006, 07:06:15 PM »
Allah did not create sin.  Yakub, on the other hand, created the white devil, the human incarnation of sin.

Narrator

« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2006, 07:48:03 PM »
Wow, my Karma dropped -4 in the last half hour for that post above.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2006, 08:08:30 PM »
damn it is true we have no idea what will happen til qwe die,but I like to make my peace with God before I die ya know?Feel Me?
^^^yes me too....
So is the motivation wanting to worship God because you love him or because you want to use him as an insurance policy just in case there is a hell?

to worship god....

westkoastanostra

« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2006, 08:09:23 PM »
Wow, my Karma dropped -4 in the last half hour for that post above.

yea my karma dropped from 96 to 90 LOL...someone has a hard on 4 me...

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2006, 11:01:18 AM »
I've been arguing this with my family for the past 3 hours.

Since, according to the Bible or whatever religious text you subscribe to, God is the creator of ALL things. Does that mean he created sin/evil? But I thought he was a God of love?

I'm saying that this is a contradiction in the concept of God. My family take the ignorant route and say that I can't understand what they understand because they have faith and I don't yadda yadda yadda.

So discuss.
sin is when u disobey god.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Miss NWA Whoorider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Suge Knight workson the streets as my HO
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2006, 11:18:52 AM »
sikotic we could discuss God all day and never be able to answer the quewstion right,I believe that God created sin so we could get closer to Him,and if we didn't have something bad then we wouldn't appreciate the good
don't quote mre boy I ain't said shit "yet"

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2006, 06:18:24 PM »
religions the root of all evil.

on that note, my karma's about to take a lil dip as well

Sikotic™

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2006, 06:36:11 PM »
See, I used to feel that way, but I wouldn't go that far.

On a small scale, it's a good thing. I know a few people that were living really bad. They were either gonna wind up in jail or dead in a matter of years, simple as that.

They tried rehab, shrinks, medication, nothing worked. They would temporarily stop, but those urges for self-destruction kept making them relapse.

They started reading the Bible, praying, etc. and they've made complete 180 degree turns in their lives. It's amazing how they were doomed at one point and now they've cleaned up their act. They claim God is working in their lives.

Now, I've never experienced this, personally, but I can't deny that the impact of religion on these people's lives IS real.

That's on a personal level. On the large scale, with churches, organizations, and some evangelists, I'm very skeptical of them. It's funny how many religious organizations and ministers are caught up with fraud and tax evasion, etc. etc. How they always have something to sell & a scheme to make money. They usually incite religious hatred towards other religions as well in order to gain more supporters.

Organized religion, for the most part, is a scam in my opinion. If you find God in your life, it's suppose to be a personal relationship. You don't need a pastor to tell you shit.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2006, 07:05:47 PM »

On a small scale, it's a good thing. I know a few people that were living really bad. They were either gonna wind up in jail or dead in a matter of years, simple as that.

They tried rehab, shrinks, medication, nothing worked. They would temporarily stop, but those urges for self-destruction kept making them relapse.

They started reading the Bible, praying, etc. and they've made complete 180 degree turns in their lives. It's amazing how they were doomed at one point and now they've cleaned up their act. They claim God is working in their lives.

Now, I've never experienced this, personally, but I can't deny that the impact of religion on these people's lives IS real.

That's on a personal level. On the large scale, with churches, organizations, and some evangelists, I'm very skeptical of them. It's funny how many religious organizations and ministers are caught up with fraud and tax evasion, etc. etc. How they always have something to sell & a scheme to make money. They usually incite religious hatred towards other religions as well in order to gain more supporters.

Organized religion, for the most part, is a scam in my opinion. If you find God in your life, it's suppose to be a personal relationship. You don't need a pastor to tell you shit.

best way ive ever heard it put.

i was bein too broad in what i was saying. if it 'saves' someone, then religion can be very beneficial. its  the religious leaders who are bad. misinterpretation of faiths starts with them, which leads to wars. they also assist in the use of religion for governmental advantage at times which is not a good thing at all, and they milk followers out of their cash. at least thats how i see it.

Sikotic™

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2006, 07:16:08 PM »

best way ive ever heard it put.

i was bein too broad in what i was saying. if it 'saves' someone, then religion can be very beneficial. its  the religious leaders who are bad. misinterpretation of faiths starts with them, which leads to wars. they also assist in the use of religion for governmental advantage at times which is not a good thing at all, and they milk followers out of their cash. at least thats how i see it.
Exactly!

THA SAUCE HOUSE

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2006, 10:54:10 PM »
I've been arguing this with my family for the past 3 hours.

Since, according to the Bible or whatever religious text you subscribe to, God is the creator of ALL things. Does that mean he created sin/evil? But I thought he was a God of love?

I'm saying that this is a contradiction in the concept of God. My family take the ignorant route and say that I can't understand what they understand because they have faith and I don't yadda yadda yadda.

So discuss.

God created all things and all conditions, no Creator but God.  God created the sun, no Creator but God.  God created the moon, no Creator but God.  God created the rain, no Creator but God.  God changes the form of rain, and makes ice, sleet, snow, fog, mist, hail.  God is the Creator of all conditions, happiness, sadness, no Creator but God. 

God created the condition of sin, no Creator but God. If you want to have your sins forgiven you can go to none other but God, for he created the condition of sin, no Creator but God.   This is the straight path of Islam.  Man needs no intercessor between him and his Creator, that is the true religion, right and straight, regardless of it's name and language.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sikotic™

« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2006, 11:33:47 PM »
^ Makes perfect sense to me as well.

THA SAUCE HOUSE