Author Topic: Southern rappers' response to Nas' Hip-Hop is dead album title  (Read 898 times)

SGV

Re: Southern rappers' response to Nas' Hip-Hop is dead album title
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2006, 02:22:23 PM »
they get upset because they think that the south is runnin hip hop right now... but to me most south music aint hiphop music hehe..

but yeah the music industry, the hunger for money and fame and the dumb people who don't know anything about music and listen to 50 Cent is destroying the Hip Hop, tho i don't see that music as hiphop

Why is the South not Hip Hop? How do you "know anything about music," yet someone who listens to 50, doesn't? How are "they" destroying Hip Hop?

youngmessnucca

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2006, 02:42:21 PM »
Lupe will SAVE hip-hop. 8) 8) 8)

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2006, 02:49:32 PM »
they get upset because they think that the south is runnin hip hop right now... but to me most south music aint hiphop music hehe..

but yeah the music industry, the hunger for money and fame and the dumb people who don't know anything about music and listen to 50 Cent is destroying the Hip Hop, tho i don't see that music as hiphop

Why is the South not Hip Hop? How do you "know anything about music," yet someone who listens to 50, doesn't? How are "they" destroying Hip Hop?
Argh okay we can call it Hip Hop, but wack hip hop. The destroy Hip Hop by putting out wack mainstream music, so the fan thinks thats what hiphop is about (money, fame, what cloth you wear etc.)..

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2006, 02:54:54 PM »

Argh okay we can call it Hip Hop, but wack hip hop. The destroy Hip Hop by putting out wack mainstream music, so the fan thinks thats what hiphop is about (money, fame, what cloth you wear etc.)..

lol here we go again

Narrator

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2006, 03:07:37 PM »

You have spoken stupidity typical of a wigger trying to fit in with the struggling lower classes by declaring what us negroes listen to (yes, we like 50) is not "real hip-hop".

Prepare to take a terrible beating from SGV now for expressing such ignorance.  I'll stand aside and let him put you in place.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2006, 03:08:41 PM »

You have spoken stupidity typical of a wigger trying to fit in with the struggling lower classes by declaring what us negroes listen to (yes, we like 50) is not "real hip-hop".

Prepare to take a terrible beating from SGV now for expressing such ignorance.  I'll stand aside and let him put you in place.
Okay

SGV

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2006, 03:45:13 PM »

This is too easy. How can you only target the South for this? You must not know music whatsoever to say such a thing. I'm going to give you 3 examples of people I'm sure you consider Hip Hop doing the exact same thing:

Here's Nas:

The don, all the time, with all the shine
You small time, I ball with mine
Links, minks, Bentley, it's all with mine
My jams bump out to the borderline
UK hot with it, blew spots with it
Every continent love when I spit it
Corners to blocks, even the cops feel it
Brothas on lockdown on their cots feel it
It's real in the field the Last Mohican
Who survived in the streets and did something decent
Now I got plans to buy the whole hood
Legit' now, I ain't gotta lie to no judge
I make hits now, money I flip now
Hood fella every honey wanna kiss now
I lit up my neck, pinkie, and wrist now
So girls everywhere, this is how we get down

He talks about Money, Clothes AND Fame in one verse. According to you, Nas is not Hip Hop? Is this correct?

Masta Ace made a songs called "Inc Ride," "Born 2 Roll" and "Sittin' On Chrome" where all he did was talk about cars and such. According to you, Masta Ace is not Hip Hop? Correct?

Kool G Rap made a song that was all about his hopes of getting rich, hell he even named his album after it (Road to Riches). According to you, Kool G Rap is not Hip Hop? Correct?

Now Oklin, you have to be some sort of idiot to really think this way. I just posted 3 Hip Hop Legends, 3 artists who people seem to think are some of the best emcees ever in the game (hell, you have one of them in your sig)... If these 3 emcees are considered Hip Hop, while doing the same thing you're accusing the South of doing, why is the South not Hip Hop to you? If you could give a straight answer without any holes, you might have a case. But, seeing as you won't be able to, you'll just be labeled as a Hip Hop inept and you're a hater.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 03:53:20 PM by SGV »

Narrator

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2006, 03:50:52 PM »
^^^^^ Thank you, SGV, excellent job.  That'll do.

SGV

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2006, 03:54:25 PM »

These wanna be elitest's in Hip Hop need to stop. It's all Hip Hop. Even KRS-One would agree.

da flayboyant 2

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2006, 03:56:22 PM »

These wanna be elitest's in Hip Hop need to stop. It's all Hip Hop. Even KRS-One would agree.
and thats a hard stamp of approval to get

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2006, 04:09:34 PM »

For real, I'm with you 100%. There's something about the basic foundation that these elitists just don't grasp, that's why they say the things they say.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

SGV

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2006, 04:30:50 PM »
Their grasp on Hip Hop is to be anti-Mainstream. That's what they think "Real" Hip Hop is.

Narrator

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2006, 04:48:56 PM »
Their grasp on Hip Hop is to be anti-Mainstream. That's what they think "Real" Hip Hop is.

Yeah, that's what I wanted to say.  It ain't so much about them being elitists (don't rich people fiend to have expensive cars, too?) as much as them being wiggers who want to be seen as "real hip-hop heads" for dissing the present-day mainstream while ignoring the fact that the 90s' mainstream wasn't a whole lot better (if at all).

People have this misconception that the typical "wigger" is some white dude who dresses like a thug and speaks "ebonics" and listens only to the most mainstream hip-hop out there like 50 Cent or Mike Jones or Young Jeezy or whoever's popular the moment.  That was true about 5-6 years ago, but times have changed.  More often than not, the real "wiggers" these days are the ones who try as hard as possible to be anti-mainstream (and it shows) and claim they aren't really wiggers based on the old stereotype.

It is the job of us older folks to set these yung'uns straight and then line them up to be shot when the revolution pops off...oh, wait, sorry, nevermind, scratch that last part.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 04:51:11 PM by Ellsworth "Bumpy" Johnson »

SGV

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2006, 04:54:37 PM »

Yeah, that's what I wanted to say.  It ain't so much about them being elitists (don't rich people fiend to have expensive cars, too?) as much as them being wiggers who want to be seen as "real hip-hop heads" for dissing the present-day mainstream while ignoring the fact that the 90s' mainstream wasn't a whole lot better (if at all).

People have this misconception that the typical "wigger" is some white dude who dresses like a thug and speaks "ebonics" and listens only to the most mainstream hip-hop out there like 50 Cent or Mike Jones or Young Jeezy or whoever's popular the moment.  That was true about 5-6 years ago, but times have changed.  More often than not, the real "wiggers" these days are the ones who try as hard as possible to be anti-mainstream (and it shows) and claim they aren't really wiggers based on the old stereotype.

It is the job of us older folks to set these yung'uns straight and then line them up to be shot when the revolution pops off...oh, wait, sorry, nevermind, scratch that last part.

This shit had me laughing.

Raphael

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2006, 10:28:14 AM »

so you have to be black to talk about hiphop ???