Author Topic: Southern rappers' response to Nas' Hip-Hop is dead album title  (Read 895 times)

Diabolical

Re: Southern rappers' response to Nas' Hip-Hop is dead album title
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2006, 10:41:14 AM »
yeah man, unless the south come up with a groundbreakin album like illmatic they shud shut the fuck up bout nas....

and personally i doubt they will some up with somethin like illmatic seein as their style of hiphop is somewhat simplistic ::)

::) yourself, that's got to be the dumbest statement out of the lot.

SGV

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2006, 11:30:05 AM »
Seems like you don't got much to say anymore. Calling me a dumb ass has no merit to the convo, as the idiotic statements have came from your side.

LMAO @ The person who said the South can't make an album like Illmatic. Lets just say an album like Illmatic won't hold as much weight Down South as lets say UGKs first joint.

Narrator

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2006, 11:56:12 AM »
the "typical" southern rappers ARE NOT GOOD LYRICISTS

And neither are/were about 90% of the West Coast rappers.

You wanna talk in stereotypes?  Here's one for you...the typical West Coast album is some cat bragging about being a Crip or a Blood and then rapping about lowriders, smoking chronic, fucking bitches, partying, and doing 187s on rival bangers, with no socially conscious material.  And most of them are bad rappers who aren't as good as Rakim or Nas or Biggie.  Clearly, the West Coast ruined hip-hop in the 90s.

Whoops, I forgot...that's EXACTLY what the East Coast cats used to say 10 years ago.

SGV

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2006, 12:30:40 PM »
Damn Ells... Don't hurt em!

BuddenzNasir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2006, 06:03:15 PM »
damn Ells hope you dont offend me, im not about the west coast either....or necassarily the east. but of all the style ive heard in the mainstream that is promoted the most....the southern style is pretty simplistic...but u like what you like, you feel what you feel. I never liked gangster music anyways =] Nor crunk. but im not a gangster and i dont get crunk usually.

BallinNigga06

« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2006, 06:22:05 PM »
i can name a bunch of albums from the south better than Illmatic

Narrator

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2006, 09:52:05 PM »
damn Ells hope you dont offend me, im not about the west coast either....or necassarily the east. but of all the style ive heard in the mainstream that is promoted the most....the southern style is pretty simplistic...but u like what you like, you feel what you feel. I never liked gangster music anyways =] Nor crunk. but im not a gangster and i dont get crunk usually.

I know, but I'm talking about the people who give Daz or MC Eiht a pass while crucifying Young Jeezy or T.I. or whoever.  What the fuck is so complex about the West Coast shit?  It's all just gangbanign, lowridin, and endo-smokin, ain't it?  Yeah, you really gotta be on some conscious shit to talk about that...

But of course talking about chopper-blastin, candy paint, and sizzurp-sippin is not hip-hop.

XaNdEr

« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2006, 02:12:51 AM »
the "typical" southern rappers ARE NOT GOOD LYRICISTS

And neither are/were about 90% of the West Coast rappers.

You wanna talk in stereotypes?  Here's one for you...the typical West Coast album is some cat bragging about being a Crip or a Blood and then rapping about lowriders, smoking chronic, fucking bitches, partying, and doing 187s on rival bangers, with no socially conscious material.  And most of them are bad rappers who aren't as good as Rakim or Nas or Biggie.  Clearly, the West Coast ruined hip-hop in the 90s.

Whoops, I forgot...that's EXACTLY what the East Coast cats used to say 10 years ago.

ouch, somebody got butthurt...

Narrator

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2006, 08:15:40 AM »

Nah, you just trying to save face cause I made you look like a retard.  Never contradict a GOD.

Diabolical

« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2006, 03:32:56 PM »
TROOF!

XaNdEr

« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2006, 05:29:33 AM »

Nah, you just trying to save face cause I made you look like a retard.  Never contradict a GOD.

lol if ur a god, what does that make me? to a dimension htat hasnt even be named yet....sucka

Narrator

« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2006, 11:14:55 AM »
lol if ur a god, what does that make me? to a dimension htat hasnt even be named yet....sucka

It makes you a devil, part of the Yakub Crew.

You were wrong, and I proved you wrong.  For that, you must bow before Blackman.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2006, 01:32:30 PM »
All I got to say is that if the south ain't real hip hop for snappin', gettin crunk, stuntin, bling bling, and sizzurp, the the east ain't real for pretending to be mafiosos and columbian drug lords (Nas, Kool G Rap, Wu-Tang Clan), LA ain't real for gangbanging all over their albums (Snoop, DPG, NWA, Mack 10, etc) and Oakland ain't real because of pimpin' (E40, Too $hort).

Yall need to get off of this shit for real.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

kaptainslapaho

• 'G'
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2006, 06:28:29 PM »
HEY SGV. .SO WOULD YOU CONSIDER D4L HIP HOP??

SGV GO SHAKE THAT LAFFY TAFFY
THAT LAFFY TAFFY

"BIRDS FLY UPSIDE DOWN OVER YOUR HEAD CAUSE YOU AINT WORTH SHITTING ON"