Author Topic: They tryna shut down the internet?  (Read 328 times)

Chamillitary Click

  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25868
  • Thanked: 29 times
  • Karma: -295
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: They tryna shut down the internet?
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2012, 11:16:54 PM »
^What do you mean? It doesn't matter what it has to do with. The government is given the power to control & censor the internet. They can terminate sites at their discretion.

Read through this thread. Somebody already agreed that's the plan lol. You just sound dumb.
 

7even

  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11289
  • Karma: -679
Re: They tryna shut down the internet?
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2012, 11:25:55 PM »
So many fucked up laws have made it through congress ever since Obama took over, yet he is catching not heat for it from regular people whatsoever. If those laws went through under George Bush, full focus of hate would have been on him. If the US finally stick it to Iran, people will probably act as if Obama has nothing to do with it, whereas the Iraq war was basically depicted as a personal plan of the Bush family.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin
 

rayallen0

  • Guest
Re: They tryna shut down the internet?
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2012, 11:45:54 PM »
So many fucked up laws have made it through congress ever since Obama took over, yet he is catching not heat for it from regular people whatsoever. If those laws went through under George Bush, full focus of hate would have been on him. If the US finally stick it to Iran, people will probably act as if Obama has nothing to do with it, whereas the Iraq war was basically depicted as a personal plan of the Bush family.
...this isn't a law obama had anything to do with that is why...the only involvement he will have is his choice of vetoing it

Obama has done a mediocre job as president only 1 thing that disgusted me was his ok to assassinate an american citizen.

Iraq was bush's & Cheneys baby. Obama has nothing to do with this bill. He gets alot of shit for libya and the health care plan because he is involved heavily....

he has a 44% approval rating 4 years after inauguration. compared to Bush who had a 56% and was clearly a much worse president.  now i will say that is heavily based on Obama's approval rating among republicans being a measly 13% where as liberals give him a 79%. but also to put that into perspective Bush had a 90% approval rating by republicans so even by his own party he is being judged much harder.

only 2 things he gets a rating higher than 50 and that is Iran & Terrorism and the fact that he only has a 65% approval rating about terrorism after Osamas death happening under him and no Terrorist attacks happening in this country just shows how much this country hates him. even his handling of the Environment is 49% which i find quite odd as i don't know who bad thing he had done to the Environment.

in no way is he getting a pass for what he does. Sometimes people ignore shit he passed because they see good in it and don't wanna give him credit because he is supposed to be the president who does nothing. but if he does something tax related or spending related you wont stop hearing about it for a year.
 

Sikotic™

  • Moderator
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 28701
  • Thanked: 2 times
  • Karma: 3136
  • PussyCunt
Re: They tryna shut down the internet?
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2012, 11:47:41 PM »
If Obama isn't obvious proof that the president is just a mere mascot with very little control, then I don't know what else to say.

The GOP candidates except Paul are no different. Just puppets.
 

THERapist Ben

  • Lil Geezy
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 34
  • Karma: 0
  • Sexual psychology
Re: They tryna shut down the internet?
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2012, 12:29:38 AM »
Wow that Cham guy is a tool lol
She so wants it bro.....
 

rayallen0

  • Guest
Re: They tryna shut down the internet?
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2012, 12:32:07 AM »
If Obama isn't obvious proof that the president is just a mere mascot with very little control, then I don't know what else to say.

The GOP candidates except Paul are no different. Just puppets.
the entire government works as a whole. a president has very little power. Bush (Cheney) often abused his power so it seemed much bigger at that time. Obama is to afraid to look like a bad guy and has given up. He now days is just signing whatever comes to him.
 

TheRemedy360Ressurection

  • Guest
Re: They tryna shut down the internet?
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2012, 12:46:56 AM »
If Obama isn't obvious proof that the president is just a mere mascot with very little control, then I don't know what else to say.

The GOP candidates except Paul are no different. Just puppets.

This. You got right wings telling everyone that Obama is ruining America, and the lefts saying the opposite. Exactly what they want.
 

Pedophile

  • Lil Geezy
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 0
  • Karma: 0
Re: They tryna shut down the internet?
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2012, 12:54:43 AM »
Hide yo kids , hide yo wife , cuz dey rapin errybody out there!
 

dubsmith_nz

  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5529
  • Karma: 330
Re: They tryna shut down the internet?
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2012, 01:20:10 AM »
Here's all you need to know. A summary of SOPA, PIPA and the congressmen and congresswomen who support it.

http://youranonnews.tumblr.com/post/15783460213/stop-sopa-the-essentials-summary-and-bill-text

Props man. So not the entire internet, basically just Youtube & anything considered "copyrighted material". But 108 oppose it to the 64 who support it, so I guess it's nowhere near happened.

That's the problem though, cause a lot of things can be considered copyrighted material, so it would far beyond Youtube.

True. But I think most importantly, the government just wants to clean up all the information on themselves that's slipping away to the public. Because people are starting to catch on.

But then again, not everything on Youtube makes sense because 75% of it is homemade videos. Then the other 25% is stolen music that they're probably trying to control before the music industry goes out of business lol.

Youtube is the new hustle, that's why they got those official Vevo's because they make bank from all the ads
 

rayallen0

  • Guest
Re: They tryna shut down the internet?
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2012, 01:24:47 AM »
Here's all you need to know. A summary of SOPA, PIPA and the congressmen and congresswomen who support it.

http://youranonnews.tumblr.com/post/15783460213/stop-sopa-the-essentials-summary-and-bill-text

Props man. So not the entire internet, basically just Youtube & anything considered "copyrighted material". But 108 oppose it to the 64 who support it, so I guess it's nowhere near happened.

That's the problem though, cause a lot of things can be considered copyrighted material, so it would far beyond Youtube.

True. But I think most importantly, the government just wants to clean up all the information on themselves that's slipping away to the public. Because people are starting to catch on.

But then again, not everything on Youtube makes sense because 75% of it is homemade videos. Then the other 25% is stolen music that they're probably trying to control before the music industry goes out of business lol.

Youtube is the new hustle, that's why they got those official Vevo's because they make bank from all the ads
of course but the government is filled with out of touch old white people.

i would say piracy helps alot of the smaller artists getting their music all over the world instead of just the local area. IT may take away from album sales but it most def will make your concerts much more filled.

Look at internet sensations like Lil B and odd future they have made lots of money by using the internet. Alot of these older artists are stuck in the old days and arent able to adapt. Not that they would sell shit without it.
 

rayallen0

  • Guest
Re: They tryna shut down the internet?
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2012, 04:54:07 PM »
Sopa & Pipa were dropped.
 

Nate Dogg's Rotting Corpse.

  • 'G'
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 109
  • Karma: -9
Re: They tryna shut down the internet?
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2012, 04:59:45 PM »
Sopa & Pipa were dropped.

Actually they were delayed.

And leave it to dubcc to stumble on a story late. This is important shit people, our future in downloading obscure 90's g funk is at stake here.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 05:02:17 PM by Bananas »
Yes it is me, rapper/singer Nate Dogg. I am communicating with you from beyond the grave using this forum as a medium. Heed my words.
 

BiggBoogaBiff

  • Guest
Re: They tryna shut down the internet?
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2012, 05:39:08 PM »
SOPA would be good in moderation and if every top Head and new born baby was on the same page. 


With that said, it takes almost 20 years for most laws to FULLY take effect, it's too simple for the mass to get it, and it might not pass.  We should make it harder to get the really really good shit (sell it at a higher price) but keep it easy to get most of the Artist(s) work.  I haven't read the SOPA Bill, just only the bottom line and what type of companies (a lot specific) they'll be going after. 


I support some of it and I believe some sites that have been toppling the game should stay (YouTube, WorldStarHipHop, Hulkshare/4Shared) but some should go.