Author Topic: The Game Lets Ride Video  (Read 1831 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: The Game Lets Ride Video
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2006, 11:40:50 AM »
Nice video...the West Coast culture is represented quite nicely I think.
And about the strip club thing...that's just used as a comparison: "call it a lapdance, when the '64 bounce that ass" ---> the chorus and song is about a lowrider and thus not about a strip club. He simply makes a comparison so I don't see a reason why they would have to have a strip club-concept in the video.

I like it. Hopefully it will push the single in the charts.
The orginal name of the song is Strip Club. And it will probably be credited as such on the album.

rik

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2006, 11:43:05 AM »
Props...coo vid.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2006, 11:43:49 AM »
And about the strip club thing...that's just used as a comparison: "call it a lapdance, when the '64 bounce that ass" ---> the chorus and song is about a lowrider and thus not about a strip club. He simply makes a comparison so I don't see a reason why they would have to have a strip club-concept in the video.

The orginal name of the song is Strip Club. And it will probably be credited as such on the album.

And your point is? Just because it's the song's title does not make it less of a comparison. Besides, we should be glad that there's not a strip club concept in the video because I don't think that MTV would be push video with such a concept like that.

Bomb-A®

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2006, 11:49:33 AM »

peace

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2006, 11:55:11 AM »

And your point is? Just because it's the song's title does not make it less of a comparison. Besides, we should be glad that there's not a strip club concept in the video because I don't think that MTV would be push video with such a concept like that.
I'm not saying I wanted a strip club concept for the video, it's just a little surprising that the song is called Strip Club but there was no relation or references to a strip club in the music video.

LatinoThugPassion

• 'G'
  • Theze Nuttz
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2006, 12:10:52 PM »
I'm tired of stupid ass strip club videos, fuck seeing big booty bitches and cristal in every video.
Your a fool if you pay a bitch to make your dick hard real talk.

And games song isnt about a strip club its a MEDAPHOR that his impala gives the same pleasure as a strip club

"call it a striiip cluub" not "we in a strip club"

Basicly this song is the same subject matter as dr dres let me ride ever think of that?

Watch dres let me ride and back then this was a single and even played at clubs i remember cause i was around back then

and they didnt go to no damn club whatever happend to house parties ya'll youngins need to step your shit up and appreciate the simples of life

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wU2RPUXCRyg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wU2RPUXCRyg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Latin Thug Passion

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2006, 12:59:52 PM »
114% West Coast Gangsta Shit... like some other dude in here said,  "this is what we want" goddammit hehe...

this is just a party song tho, and they tend to be a bit booring... i hope he drop some more persnoal deep shit like "Dreams" for his next single if he wants to be respected as a serious rapper, cause i dont want him to be looked at like some kind of "mack 10-rapper" hehe  ;D
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2006, 01:31:55 PM »
cool video.

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2006, 02:55:00 PM »
Videos kool, cudov been worst but at the same time much better...

O yea does ne1 have a radio rip of that 'Summer Days' feat. fergie which game apparently aired on some florida radio station last week? Cos ive heard that he premiered part of this tune but ive seen nothin of it on the internet...

$Eg2$

« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2006, 04:23:53 PM »
Str8 WEST COAST HEAT !!! nothin big simple but thats whut I wanna see em hittin switchez takin it back to 92-93 classic shit. could of been better but overall i like the song catchy as fuck and ive played it @ partys and peoples like it so there it go....

djkoast

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2006, 04:42:29 PM »
I like the song itself but I dont like the video cuz its the same ol same ol shit...

Fuck I could make a video as good as Lil X.  Just call me Lil Koast, I got what it takes and what it needs...

-Ride through the region the rapper is from...check

-Have the MC rap in front of a screen that is all one color...prefer black, white, or a grey...check

-Have pretty looking girls mixed up in...check

You would think witht his knowledge I dropped that I directed just about every hip hop video that has came out in the last couple of years!
http://the9elements.blogspot.com/

News, fashion, audio downloads, videos, reviews, and upcoming events from LA to NYC!

cobra

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2006, 09:48:35 PM »
Decent video. But why is homey mean muggin' in every damn shot?? He looks like he don't even wanna be there. Lighten up motherfucker!

sitting next to the baddest bitch in the video...@ a party...muggin on the couch...lol....

NFX

• 'G'
  • Warbeats.com
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2006, 10:05:19 PM »
For those who don't know... "The Strip" refers to the section of the street people cruise on. You don't see it as much around here as back in the day but "cruisin the strip" was the thing to do on weekends. Strip Club is when you make the cruisin spot the party by playing loud music from your car and having a good time.  damn young'ns...

DaMn0

• Lil Geezy
  • Unbeatable Team
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2006, 06:59:44 AM »
Damn I like this video!!! It reminds me of still D.R.E and Let me ride
Game is kepin it real, and that's what is really important, good song, good video.  8)

I can't wait till the 10th Nov!!!!!

word!
its that classic west coast vid, cars, girls, house partys...

youngmessnucca

« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2006, 07:18:17 AM »
average stuff at best, I dont buy Game's tough guy, intimidate the camera act for a second though.

I like the video part of the song much more than One Blood though.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 09:11:59 AM by phillyboy »