Author Topic: About this board  (Read 606 times)

PLANT

Re: About this board
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2001, 06:55:54 AM »

This Boards Become Fucked Up In The Last 2 Weeks. I've Stopped Here As Much As I Use To.

I Feel What People Are Saying About The Moderation Of This Board, I Remember When I Got My Posts Delete For Saying That Dre Isn't The Best (Which I Still Believe). No Points For Guessing Which Moderator Did That. Another Thing That Use To Piss Me Of Is When NIK Use To Close Threads To Get The Last Say In Everything. Thats Almost Like Saying "My Opinon Is Right, And Because I'm A Moderator You Can't Do Nothing About It". I Suggest 3 Moderators, My Choice Would Be B-Geezy, Sikotic, And Then We Get Someone Else Who Is Around Often. I Don't Got Nothing Against NIK, BigJake Or Cremy But This Is What I See Best For The Board.

The Board Needs Some Firm Rules. Most Forums I Go To, Other Then This One, Have Rules Which People MUST Stick By. If A Moderator Sees Something That Is What Might Be Called "Unaccepatble" Then He Informs The Poster, And Nicely Asks Them To Change It, If The Poster Doesnt Agree, EDIT The Post Yourself. They Could Also Get Banned For A Few Days As A Punishment, Then If Things Get More Serious They Will Be Banned All Together. The Rules Don't Have To Be Complex, Just Keep Them Simple And People WIll Know Not To Cross The Line. Whether They Have Power Or Not (ei. Mods Can Get Warned Aswell).

And As For The Dre/Snoop Board, That Isn't Entirely True, We Do Discuss Other Matters, But Seen As Dre And Snoop Are PROBABLY The Biggest 2 Names In West Coast Hip Hop, Alot Of Stuff Has To Circulates Around Them, Which Is Understandble. I Personaly Aren't A Big Fan Of Dre, And Snoop Isnt What He Use To Be, But I Dont Continually Bitch About It (I Use To Though) I Just Let It Go. And If Your That Bothred Then Make A Thread About Whoever You Like, Whether It Be On People From The West OR The East.

thanks man, u come correct
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

NEW_MINORITY

« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2001, 07:24:35 AM »

OMG! Me And Minority Finally Agree On Something.  ;D

haha cool logic... ;D

but for real....overseer......you gotta do something about this mess....this is YOUR board

Hittman

« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2001, 07:36:30 AM »
Overseer, If You Don't Want To Write Loads Of Rules For The Board Out, Get Them From Another Board And Edit Them To Fit In With The Way These Forums Work.

Don Seer

« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2001, 07:54:06 AM »
hrmmm.. fuckin rules and regulations... we don't need em.

anyways.. rules and regulations wont fix the problem.

1) if some mod's are modifying shit to put themselves in a better light etc. it cant be proven (unless i see it under my nose - very unlikely).

2) deleted posts cant be tracked either...

i'm most tempted to just go and remove all moderators for this section, and i'd only step in, in extreme circumstances (or when requested etc).

at least we then *know* for sure that posts arent being fucked with etc.

in the past we've had little bands of people trying to get certain mod's given the boot, problem being, 1) i wont do it without extreme proof, and 2) they had their own agendas in mind.

what ya'll think?

Hittman

« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2001, 08:04:06 AM »
Okay Overseer. I See How Having Rules May Not Work And You Don't Like The Idea, I Respect That, And Your The Admin, So Pretty Much What You Say Goes. So Thats That Out The Window. Now, With Getting Rid Off Every Mod, This Will Make Some People Happy, But It's Also Going To Annoy Others. To Be Honest, I Only See One Fair Way of Doing This. Moderators Evaluations. It Works Pretty Simply, You Make A Thread And Inside Put Questions That The MEMBERS Of The Forums Answer. You Can See What The Public Think Of Mods And What Jobs There Doing.

Don Seer

« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2001, 08:14:53 AM »
that wouldnt work.. aakkk this sounds like moderation by committee.. the thing is.. people will (and have) accuse(d) certain mod's of doing things they shouldnt - whether it be true or not...

at the end of the day.. i cant prove who did what  :-[

Hittman

« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2001, 08:21:49 AM »
Why Don't You Just Set Up A Thread To Vote For Who You Want To Be Mod.

• Get Rid Of Moderators Of This Board.
  • Put Down 8 Names Of People Who Could Deserve A Spot.
  • Let The Members Decide Which THREE Are The Best.

Starting Of Fresh. See How Many Complaints You Get With The 3 New Mods, (The May Be The Same Mods We Have Now) And If Things Get Worse, Go Back To How It Was (How It Is Now).

Don Seer

« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2001, 08:30:36 AM »
ok.we nominate.. then we vote on the final 3.. cant say fairer than that