Author Topic: Xzibit first week sales (final numbers in)  (Read 1166 times)

Pgb

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Xzibit first week sales (final numbers in)
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2006, 04:06:39 PM »
So even Pimp my Ride didn't help him boost his sell.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2006, 04:08:14 PM »
Damn....he did about 80,000 last time, and that wasn't too bad to me. But ah, 20,000....but what can you expect, I would have had NO IDEA it came out if I didn't visit this site every day.

Concentrate caught some ears...but most people didn't like it much. I know I don't feel it much, and I usually like most Rick Rock tracks.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2006, 04:13:09 PM »
bad sales but I'm not surprised.  X should of picked a different single, and like Tistic said if it wasnt for this site I wouldnt even of known the album was getting released so it's not to surprising that the numbers are low, but I admit I am surprised a lil just cause 20,000 is real low for X.

d-nice

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2006, 04:17:45 PM »
So, what should be the next single? :D

Lunatic

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2006, 04:24:40 PM »
So, what should be the next single? :D

lol. To be honest I'd be suprised if he does release another 1. Look at some west coast cd's that have flopped, most didn't have a 2nd single. Some that come 2 mind @ the moment Daz's So So Gangsta, Knoc's Way I Am, Too $hort's Blow the Whistle, Mack 10's Hustla Handbook.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2006, 04:28:19 PM »
got damn, did the album only sell in L.A.?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2006, 04:36:51 PM »
If you fuck wit the industry, you'd know that KOCH has been fuckin up their shippings lately, they don't put enough emphasis on 1st week sales anymore for some reason....they don't get product to some stores on time, and more importantly they tend not to ship enough. They push for longetivity, but I don't even know if that's working 4 their artists. The more artists they sign, the slower their push gets. Xzibit is doing alot of lil club and car shows, his promo isn't too bad, he in the streets pushing, but why he would choose such a poor single is beyond me.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 04:40:35 PM by ZILLA THE GOODFELLA »

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Lunatic

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2006, 04:40:03 PM »
I think MAYBE this can be saved with a 2nd & 3rd single. Release Family Values next, and maybe like Thank You.

djkoast

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2006, 04:40:15 PM »
Here is all the promotion for the album....

Interview on Allhiphop.com

David Letterman and Jimmy Kimmel

He performed at Knotts Scary Farm last wednesday for Scion Night.  That however was not reported anywhere and he was nowhere on the lineup.  He just showed up and performed a handful of songs.

20k is not great but he is still getting paid.  I mean you people swear that he is not making more then most of us make in a year on 20k sold.  WHO CARES THO!! Dont let sales dictate if its good or bad for you.
http://the9elements.blogspot.com/

News, fashion, audio downloads, videos, reviews, and upcoming events from LA to NYC!

Kalonjii

• 'G'
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2006, 04:47:56 PM »
Xzibit said it best himself back in 2004 on "Criminal Set" on "Weapons of Mass Destruction":

But lately I've been feelin like Will Smith
Why bother with rap when I can get 20 mill' on a flick?
Quote from: Big PaybaCC
u sound like a broad,"he think he hard", if u think he fakin,then prove him wrong...i think im hard ...so what!!! prove me wrong!!! cuzz beat up yukmouth,lil scrappy,sosa(young buccs artist),badazz,and fired on busta rhymes bodyguard even though it didnt go the way he planned it...

^^^^ Damn, Spider Loc's own artist snitchin on that nigga like a mothafucka...

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2006, 04:52:03 PM »
Damn that sucks. For a veteran of the rap game, the type of label Koch is, X's celebrity status, there is no way you can say this ain't a disapointment. O well, at least he's getting is money I guess. Like Rod said Koch usually gears towards 2 week and future sales, but I don't think he has a chance of selling a "good" amount of records.

Lunatic

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2006, 04:53:14 PM »
Xzibit said it best himself back in 2004 on "Criminal Set" on "Weapons of Mass Destruction":

But lately I've been feelin like Will Smith
Why bother with rap when I can get 20 mill' on a flick?

Lol, Yeah when I seen 20K I thought about that line. 20K got me thinking Full Circle is X's Last LP :(

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2006, 04:58:21 PM »
Just the fact he's on KOCH is funny to me. But I was at a couple of functions he was at in the past month and he looked like he just gettin drunk and havin a ball with his folks, he got money, I don't think that's even an issue anymore when it comes to puttin out albums. He prolly just taking a break from TV and having some fun, plus the folks at KOCH is easy to get along with from what I've heard, not too much label drama. Alot of artistic freedom.. they just gotta organize their bidness a bit more.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2006, 05:04:03 PM »
Lol, Yeah when I seen 20K I thought about that line. 20K got me thinking Full Circle is X's Last LP :(
As long as he's still does the occasional rap, why shouldn't this be his last album? He's already had a crazy career and many classic songs. If he wants to quit while he's still ahead that good for him. Why should he continue until he fades into obscurity like other cats (eg Warren G).

TuSlic

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2006, 05:07:25 PM »
That's 160,000$ straight down his pockets, prolly more than most Interscope rappers get by going triple platinum lol.