Author Topic: Yung Joc Says To Expect Surprises  (Read 152 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yung Joc Says To Expect Surprises
« on: October 25, 2006, 10:29:56 AM »
According to Yung Joc, he should have no problem appealing to the younger fans on the Scream Tour 5, which starts on November 22 in Miami. After all, earlier this year he did go on tour with the man who put the outing on the map, Bow Wow.

"I feel good, feel blessed definitely," Joc said via phone from Texas on Friday morning. Joc has been named a supporting act — along with Usher's new group One Chance, Jibbs, Pretty Ricky, Mario and Sammie — for Scream Tour 5: Ruff & Ready, Young & Sexy. Omarion, who has been another staple of the tour over the years, will co-headline with Ne-Yo. Bow Wow, however, is not on this year's lineup.

"Definitely know I got a lot of surprises, a lot of energy," Joc said of what fans can expect from his show. "I learned that with anybody, when entertaining is involved, the element of surprise is always good. That how I'm gonna win on this tour, the element of surprise. I'm dealing with a lot of R&B cats: not only are they singing, that's their first talent, but they're going to be dancing too. They're putting on shows. Here I am coming out there, I gotta have some dancers now too."

Despite the level of competition, he said he's had the chance to meet many of the performers on the tour and has gotten to know some of them. He's bringing his Pro Tools studio equipment on the road with him and may even record with some of the artists, if the opportunity should arise.

Two other R&B cats Joc has gotten close with are Marques Houston and Trey Songz. Both sing in his new video for "1st Time." Songz doesn't appear on the album version of the song, but was added for the video.

"It's kinda like a remix, I just added [Trey] to it. Nothing else changed," Joc said. "The video is about a young lady at work, she's one of my biggest fans and falls into a world of daydreaming about me. Before you know it, I appear. She's out on a date with me kickin' it, really enjoying herself."

Over the summer, Joc told MTV News that executives at his record label wanted him to drop a follow-up to his debut, New Joc City, by Christmas, but now he says that's not happening.

"We're trying to get the most out of this album," he said. "[With] the second album we gotta do the same thing, but it's gotta show growth and expansion on some of the things I talk about."

Besides his LP, the Scream tour and the recently released "Jocumentary" DVD, the Atlanta native is going to appear on new albums by UGK, 8Ball and MJG. The Scream Tour 5 ends its run on New Year's Eve in Washington, D.C.

Scream Tour 5 dates, according to the tour publicist:

# 11/22 - Miami, FL @ American Airlines Arena
# 11/24 - Greensboro, NC @ Greensboro Coliseum
# 11/25 - Atlanta, GA @ Philips Arena
# 11/26 - Birmingham, AL @ BJCC Arena
# 12/1 - Memphis, TN @ FedEx Forum
# 12/2 - St. Louis, MO @ Savvis Center
# 12/3 - Kansas City, MO @ Kemper Arena
# 12/8 - Oakland, CA @ McAfee Coliseum
# 12/10 - Inglewood, CA @ The Forum
# 12/21 - Hampton, VA @ Hampton Coliseum
# 12/22 - Philadelphia, PA @ Wachovia Center
# 12/23 - New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
# 12/26 - Detroit, MI @ Joe Louis Arena
# 12/28 - Rosemont, IL @ Allstate Arena
# 12/29 - Cleveland, OH @ Wolstein Center at CSU
# 12/30 - Baltimore, MD @ 1st Mariner Arena
# 12/31 - Washington, DC @ Verizon Center

This report is provided by MTV News (MTV.com)
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

XaNdEr

Re: Yung Joc Says To Expect Surprises
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 10:56:58 AM »
young joc =  :camp:

everlast1986

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 12:02:13 PM »
who cares

J Bananas

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 02:50:50 PM »
im marking it in my calendar as we speak

Sparegeez

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 02:59:44 PM »
All these middle school kids are already buying tickets. I hope he gets shot at the coliseum.

WestCoasta

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 04:39:54 PM »
All these middle school kids are already buying tickets. I hope he gets shot at the coliseum.

how's the 6th grade treatin ya?

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 06:32:32 PM »
Haha, "expect surprises".....how faggy does that sound?

i knoooooooooooooooooooooooooow you see it  :grumpy:
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sparegeez

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 06:40:27 PM »

It was good back then. Getting my dick sucked while you were getting spit at your face in high school.

rik

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 06:47:25 PM »

LMAO