Author Topic: Religion is....  (Read 434 times)

51 cent

• 'G'
Re: Religion is....
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2006, 01:30:12 PM »
I've got no real problem with religion for the most part, but when it gets mixed up with politics in my opinion it gets dangerous.  Granted, a lot of our moral systems are based on religious morals, but for the most part those morals are universal and apply to every major religion.  To me, it gets to be problematic when you have politicians declaring themselves candidates of God and their party the party of God.  That's just taking it too far, and we're seeing it more and more in particular from some parts of the Republican party.  Not all of them, but there are a few for sure that feel that way; Dick DeVos, Jeb Bush, Katherine Harris, and a bunch more.  Interesting article on the whole thing in Rolling Stone a bit ago:  http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/7235393/the_crusaders/

Anyway, yeah, to me that's taking it too far.
"Aight, new drink..."

Facez

• 'G'
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2006, 02:03:22 PM »
          If shit like that bothers you than you have some problems man. I respect what other people believe. you could believe that leprechauns put us here, its your choice. Religion is a good thing when the principals and philosophies behind it are used. But todays churches are corrupt and have been throughout the ages manipulated for the purpose of greed and personal gain. Alot of things are added in the texts from leaders for that times society. If people in the early part of the society did not decide to look at sexual acts in a negative way than priests today would not be molesting little boys. Why would a created species have a sexual organ, when used gives you a enourmus amount of pleasure? That doesn't make any sense. If our creator thought it sex was bad than wouldn't hurt when we have sex? He would of made the nerves in our penises and vaginas numb correct? These type of things were added into the mix by early societies view.

Just to clarify God allows you to have sex but only with one person (your wife) or your husband (if you are a female). you can have sex as much as you want when your married. The reason why it is only one person that you are allowed to have sex with is because having sex with more than one person messes with your soul (you become soul-tied to whoever you sleep with) and god doesnt want that for you cuz "your body is your Temple"

Sikotic™

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2006, 04:57:35 PM »
Another reason why religion is bad: people can't take it when their belief is criticized or questioned. So they become angry that someone would actually think outside of the box and not be a sheep.
a shot from Sikotic to Spice :nawty:
people saying  "Fuck Christians" is not criticizing or questioning the religion, it is blatent disrespect.
That wasn't a shot towards you, but many people react the way you did to Banana's thread when you question certain things about religion or God. I'm a Christian myself, grew up among Christians my entire life. Whenever I would even question some concept of Christianity, I was told to either shut up or "have more faith". One extreme case I was told I was going to hell for qustioning something lol.

Bananas didn't say anything disrespectful towards any religion if you read through the language and see his point. He's saying religion has done a lot of bad and continues to fuck things up. That's pretty much undeniable if you look at the world today.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2006, 05:32:46 PM »
Another reason why religion is bad: people can't take it when their belief is criticized or questioned. So they become angry that someone would actually think outside of the box and not be a sheep.
people saying  "Fuck Christians" is not criticizing or questioning the religion, it is blatent disrespect.
That wasn't a shot towards you, but many people react the way you did to Banana's thread when you question certain things about religion or God. I'm a Christian myself, grew up among Christians my entire life. Whenever I would even question some concept of Christianity, I was told to either shut up or "have more faith". One extreme case I was told I was going to hell for qustioning something lol.

Bananas didn't say anything disrespectful towards any religion if you read through the language and see his point. He's saying religion has done a lot of bad and continues to fuck things up. That's pretty much undeniable if you look at the world today.

chuuch.

lets not get all butt-hurt now, spice.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2006, 02:18:23 PM »

regarding to colored quoted...
it's okay to question your faith..because you have to find the truth..facts...so in the future, you know what to say if you gotta defend chrisitan..
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Sikotic™

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2006, 04:31:48 PM »

it's okay to question your faith..because you have to find the truth..facts...so in the future, you know what to say if you gotta defend chrisitan..
Oh, I've said it. But you know what response I've gotten from that 9 times outta 10?

"Sometimes you just can't understand godly things. You just have to believe"

It's one giant fuckin' cop-out that never ends.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

WC Iz Active

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2006, 05:35:42 PM »

All is good SIK.  Imo Bananas was kind of disrespectful but I should of controlled my temper but me and Bananas are cool.  And believe me man as a lifelong christian myself I know exactly where you are coming from.  I HATE when real religious people try and shove their beliefs down other peoples throat and I hate it when overly religious people jump all over peoples opinions just cause it differs from their own.  Believe me I know what you are saying and I struggle with my beliefs and question my religion all the time.  When I see horrible things happen to innocent people and when I read about all the cruel, insane, unfair things that go on in the world I definitely struggle and question my beliefs a lil bit.  Its just I respect everyone's religions and beliefs so I get a lil upset when I am not treated the same, but I can see where you are coming from no doubt.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2006, 07:30:10 PM »

Oh, I've said it. But you know what response I've gotten from that 9 times outta 10?

"Sometimes you just can't understand godly things. You just have to believe"

It's one giant fuckin' cop-out that never ends.
yeah..i hear ya... still though...you keep on fighting for it...with facts....and faith.  There's some truth in what they said about..just believe...but they have to believe with facts and some concept of history..but ya doing good...keep at it.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Sikotic™

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2006, 05:44:02 PM »
There's some truth in what they said about..just believe...but they have to believe with facts and some concept of history..but ya doing good...keep at it.
I agree with that 100%.

THA SAUCE HOUSE