Author Topic: The D.O.C prepares comeback  (Read 84 times)

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
The D.O.C prepares comeback
« on: December 07, 2001, 09:16:40 AM »
The D.O.C. is about to emerge from behind the scenes once again in an attempt to revive a career in the spotlight that was cut short by a tragic accident. Deuce will be the name of the West Coast hip-hop pioneer's third album and first since 1996. Probably the best-known ghostwriter before the arrival of Shawn Carter, The D.O.C. penned a good portion of Eazy-E's Eazy Duz It and N.W.A's Straight Outta Compton in the late '80s. In 1989, The D.O.C. made his solo debut with No One Can Do It Better and delivered hit singles like "It's Funky Enough" and "The Formula." With the help of Dr. Dre's Midas touch behind the boards, the album went gold. Late that year, The D.O.C. was involved in a car accident that crushed his larynx and changed his voice to an icy rasp. At the time there was talk that he'd never be able to rap again. When Dre made the move to Death Row, The D.O.C. went with him and helped deliver yet another classic album, The Chronic, and tutored a young protege, Snoop Dogg, through the early stages of the game. After a falling out over money, The D.O.C. dropped Helter Skelter, an album peppered with shots at his former partners, in 1996. By the time Dre started to work on his next album, 1999's 2001, fences had been mended and The D.O.C. made a memorable return in the video for "Still D.R.E." Now, The D.O.C. is back with Deuce, an album he hopes will put his hometown of Dallas on the hip-hop map. The D.O.C. has recruited the area's finest talent, most notably 6Two, who made a strong debut on Dre's 2001. The D.O.C. will also get help from some old friends as MC Ren, Ice Cube, Kurupt and Xzibit lend their voices to a couple of tracks. Deuce is slated to hit stores early next year.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-