Author Topic: UGK Dropping Double Album In December  (Read 193 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
UGK Dropping Double Album In December
« on: October 25, 2006, 10:30:29 AM »
Southern rap titans UGK will release their first new album since 2001's "Dirty Money" before the end of the year. "U.G.K. Underground Kingz" is due Dec. 19 via Jive and will feature 20 songs spread across two discs. Jazze Pha produced the first single, "Stop & Go."

In addition to UGK's Pimp C, other production on "Underground Kingz" comes from fellow Houston native Scarface on three tracks, as well as Swizz Beatz, Lil Jon.

A testament to its influence, UGK was able to round up Rick Ross, Slim Thug, Sleepy Brown and Three 6 Mafia for guest appearances. The track "H-Town" sports production from Marley Marl plus guest turns from rap legends Kool G Rap and Big Daddy Kane.

UGK has been silent since the 2002 collection of unreleased tracks "Side Hustles." In its wake, Pimp C spent nearly four years in jail on an assault charge, during which time his colleague Bun B raised his solo profile with appearances on tracks by Beyonce, Slim Thug and Ying Yang Twins and via his hit 2005 solo album "Trill."

Pimp C was released from jail last Dec. 30; a solo album, "Pimpilation," arrived this summer. "Pimp C is a pioneer of the South," Slim Thug told Billboard.com last year. "He and Bun B are definitely two of my favorite rappers ever. To Houston and to Texas, they're like the Jay-Z's of the rap game."

This report is provided by Billboard.com
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

XaNdEr

Re: UGK Dropping Double Album In December
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 10:56:10 AM »
hmm curious what productions and features will be on it in the end....i been bumpin Trill latlely and thats a tite album  8)

Narrator

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 11:59:14 AM »
Anyone who thinks the South sucks only gotta listen to UGK.

Definitely excited about this...UGK ain't put out anything but quality albums since the beginning.

everlast1986

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 12:00:29 PM »
The track "H-Town" sports production from Marley Marl plus guest turns from rap legends Kool G Rap and Big Daddy Kane.

:o

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 12:22:51 PM »
The track "H-Town" sports production from Marley Marl plus guest turns from rap legends Kool G Rap and Big Daddy Kane.

:o

With this track, 3 Scarface joints (and Pimp C production if we're lucky) this album might turn out pretty interesting.I sure hope Swizz, Lil' Jon and Jazze Pha don't give them bullshit beats tho.

props for the news
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 01:48:14 PM »
Good news

I sure hope Swizz, Lil' Jon and Jazze Pha don't give them bullshit beats tho.

I don't think they dare, and i hope they stay away from the mic!

kemizt

youngmessnucca

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 02:59:16 PM »
Wow @ Fergie right there :banana_hitit:

Narrator

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 09:34:10 PM »

Bun B can rip the shit outta Lil Jon and Jazze Pha tracks...ever heard "Trill Recognize Trill"?  I ain't worried at all.

reguLAtor

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 12:02:24 AM »
Hope it's mostly Pimp C production.  I've expressed my 'displeasure' with Jazze Pha before... he has NO business near a mic.  Every time he utters some ridiculous attempt at a catch phrase, (Ladies and Gentlemen)... it drops the quality of the track down a few notches.  The production on the last Pimp C album was not what it should have been.  Hope this one steps it up.

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 01:37:14 AM »

Bun B can rip the shit outta Lil Jon and Jazze Pha tracks...ever heard "Trill Recognize Trill"?  I ain't worried at all.
Can't argue with that
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 09:03:20 AM »
I think Lil Jon, Jazze, and Swizz Beats can definitely drop some heaters, but I want Pimp C production, because that's what a UGK album is to me.  Plus, Pimp only did 1 track (Havin Things remake) on Pimpilation, so I really wanna hear what he's got beatwise since he's been in prison.

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 09:28:11 AM »
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :banana_trippin:

hope Chamillionaire gets a few bars.

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!