Author Topic: Michael J. Fox Talks To Katie Couric  (Read 217 times)

stu·pen·dous

Michael J. Fox Talks To Katie Couric
« on: October 27, 2006, 07:24:14 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/o8lsjfjgAA8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/o8lsjfjgAA8</a>

WC Iz Active

Re: Michael J. Fox Talks To Katie Couric
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 07:46:34 PM »
Propz for the video.  Poor guy, I couldnt agree more with what he said during the interview, how anyone can make fun of him or this situation is beyond me.

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 09:48:57 PM »
 :grumpy:

damn, that was a fucken reality check.  i didnt know shit was that bad on him, hope he and others like him fucken find a cure for that shit. 

fuck Rush Limbaugh.   :monkey_piss:  :scarface:

>:(

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 01:29:49 AM »
It's sad how progressive the disease has been since he was diagnosed with it 7 years ago.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

westkoastanostra

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 09:40:19 AM »
i thought he recovered from that disease?

MIC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 01:46:47 AM »
i thought he recovered from that disease?

You can't recover from it.
You can slow it down a little but not much.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 01:11:21 PM »
i think michael j fox could pull off a mean harlem shake
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 01:23:27 PM »
damn that fool is more messed up than ali

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 01:36:09 PM »
damn...

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006, 02:28:48 PM »
Just because he has a disease doesn't make him above criticism.  He's frankly wrong on the things he's talking about.  I'm sorry about his condition and I love his performances in several great movies he's been a part of.  I even think he's a nice guy and I wouldn't mind having a cup of coffee with him.... but he frankly doesn't know what he's talking about (in some regards). 

He of course knows much about his disease, I'm not talking about that, but he has a few things he's been going around talking about that are frankly wrong.

1st, Rush Limbaugh did not make fun of him in any way shape or form.  He said that basically Fox was being used by a group of politicians to get their point across, and being exploited.  He then said that he had never seen Fox shaking like that, and that he must be either acting or hadn't taken his medication.

Fox later admitted that the reason he was shaking was because he had manipulated his medication, and actually taken too much. 

He also says in his autobiography that when he testified in front of the senate on stem cell research, he didn't take his medication that morning to show the ravages of the disease.

Now.  With that said, and that FACT in front of you, how can you claim anything Rush said was a. wrong or even b. insensitive?  Not only was Rush not insulting the guy, he was CORRECT BY FOX'S OWN WORDS!  Michael J. Fox said in his biography and also in interviews after the commercial was aired that basically Rush was correct, Fox manipulated his medication.

Rush said nothing else negative about him.  He didn't make fun of him, he even went out of his way to say that Fox was being exploited and taken advantage of. 

-----------------------

Another point I'd like to make... the medicine that Fox takes (and over took for the commercial, and didn't take for the senate hearings) wasn't the result of stem cell research.  Not only was adult stem cell research not used to make the medicine that helps him, embryonic stem cell research hasn't been good for a damn thing and there's no advances on the horizon as a result of any embryonic stem cell research.

Another issue is that President Bush is the only president that has actually allowed embryonic stem cell research.  Bill Clinton (a democrat) shot it down, Bush allowed it on embryos that were already in existance. 

--------------------------

Just another example of things being completely mischaracterized and hitting everybody's touchy feely button. 

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 03:36:12 PM »
After michael did that ad...he realized what he was supporting was wrong...  he should of understood what he was supporting before doing that damn ad.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2006, 11:13:43 PM »
Back to reality...

- Rush Limbaugh clearly was insultingMJF.  He was even imitating him in a mocking manner.

- MJF never said he intentionally overmedicated.  He spoke of the pain of being under medicated.  He said it was ironic that he was actually over-medicated that day, but not that he intentionally was over-medicated.  Rather it's difficult to know what the proper dosage is.  Since you don't know anything about his disease and distorted his statements you should apologize now.

- MJF under-medicated with full-disclosure so why use that against him?  It's wrong.