Author Topic: Bush signs bill to build US/Mexico fence  (Read 234 times)

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
Bush signs bill to build US/Mexico fence
« on: October 28, 2006, 09:01:08 AM »
http://blog.politicalnonsense.com/2006/10/05/main/bush-signs-bill-to-build-mexico-border-fence/

President Bush signed a law to build a border fence along the US-Mexico border. The fence will be hundreds of miles long and cost about 6 billion dollars. “It’s what the people of this country want,” Bush said.

The President held a signing ceremony Wednesday in Arizona.

President Bush:

“The bill I sign today includes nearly $1.2 billion in additional funding for strengthening the border, for new infrastructure and technology that will help us do our job. It provides funding for more border fencing, vehicle barriers and lighting, for cutting-edge technology - including ground-based radar, infrared cameras and advanced sensors — that will help prevent illegal crossings along our southern border. It’s what the people of this country want.”

Under the bill, the number of border patrol agents will increase by 50 per cent to 18,000 by 2008, and sophisticated equipment will be added to help spot unlawful crossers, including ground base radar, infrared cameras and advance sensors.

An additional 6,700 new beds will be added to detention centres. Currently, many illegal immigrants are arrested but sent away with a court date because there is no place to hold them.

There are an estimated 12 million illegal immigrants living in the US.

An estimated 1.2 million illegal immigrants were arrested last year trying to cross into the US along the border states of Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California.

Supporters of the fence have said it will be a crucial tool to fight illegal immigration - which is expected to be a key issue in November’s mid-term elections. Coming less than five weeks before the November 7 congressional elections, the measure gives Bush’s beleaguered Republican Party a badly needed issue to please its conservative base and motivate supporters.

The centre-right Republicans are at risk of losing their majorities in both chambers of Congress to the centre-left Democrats, partly out of disaffection with the war in Iraq.

The barrier will affect all four US states bordering Mexico. Even if the legislation’s double fencing is constructed as written before 2009 along nearly the entire Arizona border, most of the New Mexico border and parts of the frontier California and Texas, nearly 2,000 kilometres of the US-Mexican border would remain unsecured. Critics of the scheme say it will force illegal immigrants to cross somewhere else.

Mexico has also said the fence will badly affect relations with the US.

The Mexican government strongly opposes the fence, saying it will lead to more deaths and injuries for those who come into the United States through dangerous terrain. Outgoing Mexican President, Vicente Fox, has called the fence shameful, and compared it to the Berlin Wall.

The bill only authorizes 1.2 billion dollars for what is expected to be a 6-billion-dollar project.
bbc
monsters and critics
democracynow

"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

everlast1986

Re: Bush signs bill to build US/Mexico fence
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 08:32:21 PM »
Too bad it will take them many years to build that. More mexicans that want to cross will have guns on them now and the Mexican government will fuck more shit up for us.

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 09:41:53 PM »
too costly
too time-consuming
economically costly

bush continues to maintain his poor judgement.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 04:29:29 AM »

This sounds suspiciously to me like a very cynical political move towin the votes of the disillusioned conservative voters, it's not the first time he has played this smoke and mirrors trick, after all just think back to the declaration that he would militarise the border, well those 10,000 tropps never did materialise. I believe there is absolutely no intention of building this fence, CAFTA has absolutely no interest in preserving the sovereignty of the United States it wants open borders and as this wonderful North American Union is now beginning to emerge from the shadows, then people should stop being naive. It will just another European Union completely destroying the borders and sovereignty. The whole bill is phony bullshit plus even if it did get constructed it is a 700 mile mile fence and the border is 2000 miles, do you really think that is going to put illegal immigrants off? No of course it will not it will just force them to go further around Why this incessant need to play down these moves as poorly judged decisions, there is nothing poorly judged about it, if it tricks the disillusioned then it's a clever political move, there is nothing poorly judged about it.

J Bananas

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 12:43:31 PM »
i say just expand the minutemen project ten fold and send food and equipment to volunteers every once and a while to show government support. and authorize lethal force  8)

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2006, 01:13:14 PM »
execute the immigrants... bush need to start a war on immigrants and do some execution style...or torture..to bring fear to them.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Sparegeez

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 01:25:59 PM »
execute the immigrants... bush need to start a war on immigrants and do some execution style...or torture..to bring fear to them.

We also need to put all the retards in prison to keep them from saying stupid shit like your recent comment.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2006, 01:33:08 PM »

We also need to put all the retards in prison to keep them from saying stupid shit like your recent comment.
well, at least i care about my country.  As you may not understand about politics...before you say anything....make sure you try voting for once.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 02:05:34 PM by pc8381 »
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

J Bananas

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2006, 01:35:36 PM »
we do need to pump a little fear into those cockroaches. i present to you, robosaurus

put about 40-50 of these bad boys around the border and see the dirty border crossers flee in terror back to their own country  :)

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2006, 01:37:37 PM »
we do need to pump a little fear into those cockroaches. i present to you, robosaurus

put about 40-50 of these bad boys around the border and see the dirty border crossers flee in terror back to their own country  :)
we can use those shit to fight in iraq...HAHAHAHA  By the way, I rather see them come here legally then illegal...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 02:07:51 PM by pc8381 »

Sparegeez

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2006, 04:37:05 PM »

well, at least i care about my country.  As you may not understand about politics...before you say anything....make sure you try voting for once.
Yeah bitch I will vote when I'm old enough to vote (which will be in less than two years). Are you fucking kidding me? Are you that fucking stupid? Do you really think countries around the world would let the U.S. do that kind of shit? Read a history book you dumb bitch.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 05:09:52 PM »

Yeah bitch I will vote when I'm old enough to vote (which will be in less than two years). Are you fucking kidding me? Are you that fucking stupid? Do you really think countries around the world would let the U.S. do that kind of shit? Read a history book you dumb bitch.
is that all u can say?  U don't know shit about politics...  u know one minute man? yeah.. u should be tossed out to iraq to fight for us..or back to where u came from.  I don't give a fuck what type of immigrant u from, but if ya ain't legal..u better be tossed out...plus one of democratic was hoping that you guys should be in military and fight for citizenship. :)

Sparegeez

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006, 05:39:17 PM »

is that all u can say?  U don't know shit about politics...  u know one minute man? yeah.. u should be tossed out to iraq to fight for us..or back to where u came from.  I don't give a fuck what type of immigrant u from, but if ya ain't legal..u better be tossed out...plus one of democratic was hoping that you guys should be in military and fight for citizenship. :)

My family has been here longer than yours so please shut your mouth. I'm also a US citizen so get it straight dumbass. I'm not criticizing your opinion on illegals being tossed out cuz everybody has their own opinion. I'm bashing your idiotic comment on torturing them and killing them ya dumb fuck.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2006, 07:27:46 PM »

My family has been here longer than yours so please shut your mouth. I'm also a US citizen so get it straight dumbass. I'm not criticizing your opinion on illegals being tossed out cuz everybody has their own opinion. I'm bashing your idiotic comment on torturing them and killing them ya dumb fuck.
bitch, I was born here.  You know what...maybe you need to get tortured..huh? I was being sarcastic...but you don't sound like u.s citizen...u sound like underground motherfucker who escaped from another country because you know u gonna get tortured...welcome to america. :)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2006, 01:53:30 AM »
lol @ building a fence, like that's going to stop anything

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09