Author Topic: Without doubt the best hiphop group of all time  (Read 601 times)

CanadActive

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Only one GOAT... MJ
Re: Without doubt the best hiphop group of all time
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2006, 06:52:39 AM »
3 classics

2 (very) solid

Nothing more to say...
The Canadian Polish

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2006, 09:38:09 AM »
You can make a case for Tribe definitely, personally I'd put De La Soul, Outkast and Public Enemy ahead of them.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2006, 10:09:52 AM »
3 classics

2 (very) solid

Nothing more to say...

No way you're having Stankonia as a classic, the other two without a doubt, but no chance on Stankonia.

Most of the groups mentioned have two classics (Public Enemy, De La, The Roots, Cypress Hill) and some one (Wu Tang Clan, EPMD, Brand Nubian), but most struggle to get three.

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2006, 10:18:50 AM »
EPMD (most classics), Cypress Hill (best alternative rap group )l and N.W.A (most classic solo albums), Wu-Tang (best collective) and the life achivement award goes to The Geto Boys  8)
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

THETRUTHUG

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2006, 02:18:23 PM »
Bone Thugs, how the hell no 1 put them in this

J Bananas

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2006, 02:20:52 PM »
3 classics

2 (very) solid

Nothing more to say...

No way you're having Stankonia as a classic, the other two without a doubt, but no chance on Stankonia.

Most of the groups mentioned have two classics (Public Enemy, De La, The Roots, Cypress Hill) and some one (Wu Tang Clan, EPMD, Brand Nubian), but most struggle to get three.

lol at dude telling other people their opinion is wrong, i assume your definition of a classic is always correct? cuz i dont really like tribe called quest, id say they had 1 classic album, what are you gonna do about that?

BG Dresta

mrceo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • More Greens Than The Jolly Green Giant
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2006, 10:12:09 PM »
A Tribe Called Quest has 5 classic albums in my opinion, I think they are the best of all time, but I think Outkast is my favorite no doubt, of course you gotta throw the Wu, Public Enemy, and I also wanna put the Boot Camp Clik in there

Chief

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2006, 01:34:35 AM »
PPC

fptz

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2006, 08:03:20 AM »
Before I looked inside the thread, I expected it to be praising The Wu, but I totally agree on ATCQ. Their discography is next to flawless! Only De La in their early days can come close to that in my opinion (4 classics with 3ft High&Rising ,DeLaSoul Is Dead, Buhloone Mindstate and Stakes Is High) but its too bad they became flawed after that... I just wish ATCQ would put out another album, indie style, doing crazy stuff with some soulful samples.

Narrator

« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2006, 08:24:12 AM »
Bone Thugs, how the hell no 1 put them in this

Cause they made 1 good EP, 1 classic album, and then fell the fuck off.  Their catalog as a whole ain't good enough for them to claim that status.

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2006, 08:31:23 AM »
The best thing about Tribe is that they haven't released an album since 1998 and their albums can stand the test of time.  I am a real big Tribe fan and saw them in concert 2 months ago.  I like the Roots more simply because they have released more material.  I don't have all of Tribe's albums but they have made so many classics.  Roots however are still making music so that gives them an advantage for me.
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2006, 09:57:42 AM »
Before I looked inside the thread, I expected it to be praising The Wu, but I totally agree on ATCQ. Their discography is next to flawless! Only De La in their early days can come close to that in my opinion (4 classics with 3ft High&Rising ,DeLaSoul Is Dead, Buhloone Mindstate and Stakes Is High) but its too bad they became flawed after that... I just wish ATCQ would put out another album, indie style, doing crazy stuff with some soulful samples.

Yeah, De La are definitely up there, but I felt after they stopped working with Prince Paul it kind of went downhill a bit. Stakes Is High was dope but not on the level of their first three and then everything after that has just been ok. 3 Feet High & De La Soul Is Dead are amazing albums though, I love Prince Paul's bugged out sampling on them and the concepts are real dope too.