Author Topic: Outkast - Stankonia  (Read 151 times)

everlast1986

Outkast - Stankonia
« on: October 29, 2006, 07:45:30 PM »
Time to talk about a masterpiece thats barely talked about anymore. Outkast's 'Stankonia'. The production on this album in my opinion beats just about every other album that comes to my head. From Earthtone III's wide variety of musical taste to the funky sounds of dirty south master production group Organized Noize. With this album we also heard more change in Andre 3000's vocal style hearing just how more talented he can be while Big Boi spits the usual heat that hes always been known for dropping. To me every track on this album stands out to me. From the loud guitar riff rock influenced track "Gasoline Dreams" to the heavy funk/r&b influenced "Toilet Tisha". Certified classic in my book no doubt about it.

jeromechickenbone

Re: Outkast - Stankonia
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 08:11:57 PM »
It def had its share of incredible tracks. "Bombs Over Baghdad" is fucking nuts.  But every single that they released on there was really good, but you heard them so god damn much that they were really played out.  I don't hold this album as high as their first 3, but it is a very good album.  I haven't bumped it in quite a while - I'll have to bust it out again.

One of my favorite joints on there was "Spaghetti Junction".  Pretty sure Organized Noize did the beat and Andre and Big Boi pass the mic back and forth and its just such a dope song.  Somebody should up that track...

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 09:31:33 PM »
The last REAL Outkast album. Damn I miss their chemistry.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

rik

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 09:33:42 PM »
The last REAL Outkast album. Damn I miss their chemistry.

I feel ya.  :'(

everlast1986

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 09:47:31 PM »
Yeah after "B.O.B." and "Ms. Jackson" were released as singles they blew up pretty big in the mainstream and their singles got way the fuck played out. But now that they're pretty much out of rotation now it made me want to listen to this album alot more and all the tracks have grown on me good enough to rate the album as high as their first three albums. Even the interludes/skits fit into the album perfectly unlike most hip hop albums made after the year 2000.

The most notable guest appearances are "Xplosion" with B-Real who rips Andre on that track even though he had a great verse on there too and "Humble Mumble" with Erykah Badu which is probably the weakest track on the album but Erykah saves it. I can't get enough of her voice for some reason.

After 'Stankonia' i agree that Outkast especially Andre has gotten way too experimental which isn't a bad thing i just which Andre and Big Boi could just work in the studio together alot more like they used to and make another classic or at least solid album like this and their first three albums.

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 12:19:40 AM »
my favorite track on that album is "?"

just as the drink pouring sound comes in, the song becomes awesome

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 12:46:27 AM »
Gasoline Dreams was such a sick song. Same with Gangsta Shit.

I'm glad their new album flopped. Hopefully they'll go back to their roots and make something like Stankonia in the future.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 02:01:11 AM »
great album, if i remember correct didn't i say it was a classic upon it's release then everyone jumped on my ass telling me "in 5 years it won't be that good"
 8) eat my ass hole muh fuckas

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

mrceo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • More Greens Than The Jolly Green Giant
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 01:10:32 PM »
Dope album, I think "Stanklove" was my favorite track tho, it was just fuckin' musical genius even tho Big Boi and Andre didn't spit on it

go get the gun

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006, 12:55:50 PM »
aint shit touching ATLIENS striaght up.

Throwback

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 01:56:07 PM »
hook that shit up negroes.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2006, 04:21:53 PM »

I agree 100%, at first I was not feeling the album, but the more I listened to it, the more I realised what a truly great album it is, sorry ms jackson and B.O.B and Gasoline Dreams are my faves though

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2006, 04:36:22 PM »
Gasoline Dreams was such a sick song. Same with Gangsta Shit.

I'm glad their new album flopped. Hopefully they'll go back to their roots and make something like Stankonia in the future.