Author Topic: Rotten Apple  (Read 787 times)

youngmessnucca

Rotten Apple
« on: October 30, 2006, 02:38:09 PM »
After giving the Llyod Banks album due time to soak, I must say this is a SOLID 4/5 album, and the second best east coast release this year ( behind Ghost and above Busta ). Rotten Apple, Survival, Cake, Help, You Know The Deal(Jesus at the beat!), Get Clapped all getting constant rotation. Good production on here, and Banks stepped up his lyrical, flow and his voice on this. Hate if you want, but this is the best G-Unit release since SOC, maybe better.

Haters of G-Unit are gonna hate on this regardless, but I suggest to all throwing this album in with an open mind, and you won't be dissapointed.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Rotten Apple
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 02:49:41 PM »
I completley agree.

I like it better than Hunger For More, which was more commercial and tryed to appeal to the mainstream. Other than Hands Up, the whole cd has that grimey, NY sound to it. I cant think of even one track that sucked.

The only minus is Banks delivery. He was more "loud" on Hunger For More.

My rate: 4/5

J Bananas

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 04:12:59 PM »
too busy listening to the new jim jones, maybe in a month or two

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 04:29:57 PM »
Wow, I totally disagree. I ain't no Gunit hater, i've pretty muched liked every release besides, Yayo's & Mobb Deeps LP's. Hunger 4 More was dope man. This shit is weak. Banks lyrics I think toke a few steps down on this 1. His flow ain't much better (if better at all). Very weak. I can bump bout 5-8 tracks tops on this. And most of the 1s I do, is good beat, and good hook, average @ best verses (Iceman is a perfect example of that). You Know The Deal is another.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

youngmessnucca

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 05:13:10 PM »
I know the majority won't really like Rotten Apple, but I'm not into G-Unit at all and I'm really feeling the atmosphere of this record, except for a few songs here and there, but it's better than pretty much anything else that came outta NY this year ( I havent listened to AZ yet though ).

WC Iz Active

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 05:52:46 PM »
I gave the album a fair chance but I just didnt like it at all.  I really liked "Survivor" and "Gilmores" but imo nothing besides that really stoodout.

Narrator

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 05:55:37 PM »
I really don't like it still.  Listened to it several times now, it ain't growing on me, so it'll probably be leaving my HD soon.

This definitely shouldn't be topping anyone's "best of" list in any category of hip-hop, East Coast or not.  It's really just that good an album.  It ain't awful, and it's definitely got some bangers, but it really just doesn't make any impression in my mind.

TECH9TRONIC

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 06:14:14 PM »
So do they have songs on there that are better than the 2 garbage songs on there that i've heard?  Referring to Hands up & Iceman.  No gunit fan especially of Chump Change & Phony Mayo, but I can't hate on the album cover :rock:

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 06:38:31 PM »
The whole album was solid, but replay value was very low for half the album.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006, 08:11:28 PM »
I gave the album a fair chance but I just didnt like it at all.  I really liked "Survivor" and "Gilmores" but imo nothing besides that really stoodout.

co-sign
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

rik

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2006, 08:13:45 PM »

Yup...I still can't get over that "Gilmores" track. That shit is fire.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2006, 08:14:48 PM »
album was very boring.. not really a g-unit hater, i am jsut getting bored with what they put out. i am looking forward to what 50 is going to put out because he can spit,  but his last record was garbage to me.

WILL-I-DIE

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2006, 08:53:27 PM »
2.5/5

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2006, 09:12:21 PM »
So do they have songs on there that are better than the 2 garbage songs on there that i've heard?  Referring to Hands up & Iceman.  No gunit fan especially of Chump Change & Phony Mayo, but I can't hate on the album cover :rock:

you stay up all night thinking of that?

I wanna check this album out, anybody up it yet, ill check the spot.

-KIDRENEGADE-

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2006, 10:32:19 PM »
too busy listening to the new jim jones, maybe in a month or two

Hear Hear.

Jim Jones = piff

Banks = Dirt weed.

The Maestro