Author Topic: The_Game-Doctors_Advocate-2006  (Read 8264 times)

PLANT

Re: The_Game-Doctors_Advocate-2006
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2006, 04:26:07 PM »
man Im listening to the first track right now and I can already tell this album is off the fuckin hook!  shit!!!

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

Re: The_Game-Doctors_Advocate-2006-RNS [OFFICIAL THREAD]
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2006, 04:26:22 PM »
After one full listen DA is no worse or better than The Doc. Game seems to have pretty much re-created the same concept with this album and luckily he has a story to tell (No Dre). DA is definitely a more Westcoast sounding album.

Im with u on this one.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

mackinoz

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2006, 04:26:59 PM »
i heard all hose interviews with cool & dre about the games album saying they did hot ass beats for games album and all this shit....and they didnt even make on track on the album...dissapointed..

can someone do a small track by trakc review??

Jome

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2006, 04:28:45 PM »
  • Jonathan Rotem produced the 2 best tracks on the album. I'm not surprised.
  • Storch, Kanye, Swizz & Blaze, maybe the 4 biggest names, all delivered sub-par beats.  :-\
  • Xzibit fuckin owned Game on his own shit.  :o
  • While there's few weak tracks, the album doesn't have a cohesive sound, the beats are all over the place.
  • Dope album, but like predicted, not better than Documentary; beats are worse, and the subject matter is pretty much the same, Game improved his flow though.

Reventón Bogotá Rolla

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • High Roller
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2006, 04:33:27 PM »
  • Storch, Kanye, Swizz & Blaze, maybe the 4 biggest names, all delivered sub-par beats.  :-\
  • While there's few weak tracks, the album doesn't have a cohesive sound, the beats are all over the place.
  • Dope album, but like predicted, not better than Documentary; beats are worse, and the subject matter is pretty much the same, Game improved his flow though.

co-sign, this album lacks structure.

my only favs so far are Too Much and the Kanye track.

2009 Kid CuDi - Man on the Moon: The Guardians

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2006, 04:33:52 PM »
Damn I gotta check this out after having you 2 haters say that shit's aight
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

rapgra.com

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2006, 04:34:51 PM »
Where can i get this leak?
www.rapgra.com/usa.pls - Have you Heard? We started up new server just for the United States!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2006, 04:44:09 PM »
Damn, why didnt the Timbaland cut make the track ? I wish they'd cut that Nas track to 5 mins and add that Timbo joint

damn they released the 9 minute version? i liked the short version
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

shotu

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2006, 05:01:02 PM »
prolly see those tracks you guys see missing on special edition or sum shit...nice album anyway  8)

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2006, 05:13:17 PM »
I'ma cop this on the 14th of November, but I'll give it an early spin...can some1 hook it up?

Quadruple OG

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2006, 05:13:51 PM »
First thing, IMO "The Documentary" was overrated.  Wasn't a fan of it because of the influence of G-Unit was stamped on this, and it seemed too commercial.  Don't get me wrong, it's a good album, but it's not a hot album.

However, this album blows "The Documentary" out of the water.  This is by far the best mainstream rap album to drop this year.  First, no horrible skits, bangin' music from beginning to end.  The overall production on here is better than The Documentary (and yes this includes some of the tracks Dre produced), and the production on here shits on the non-Dre produced tracks on The Documentary.  

A lot of tracks sound like they came straight from the golden era of west coast rap.  "California Vacation" is ridiculous, and could potentially be a California anthem.  That track should be a single, cuz it could be a monster, especially if he does a Bay 2 LA remix or something.  But another song people are overlooking is "Remedy".  This beat sounds just like something Snoop DOGGY Dogg and Dr. Dre would rap over in 1993, and sounds like Just Blaze stole this beat from the DR vaults.

This is the first album in a while I'm actually looking forward to buying in the store that'll be worth the $12.

AfterMathematics

• 'G'
  • West Coast Represent for all y'all
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2006, 05:18:24 PM »
First thing, IMO "The Documentary" was overrated.  Wasn't a fan of it because of the influence of G-Unit was stamped on this, and it seemed too commercial.  Don't get me wrong, it's a good album, but it's not a hot album.

However, this album blows "The Documentary" out of the water.  This is by far the best mainstream rap album to drop this year.  First, no horrible skits, bangin' music from beginning to end.  The overall production on here is better than The Documentary (and yes this includes some of the tracks Dre produced), and the production on here shits on the non-Dre produced tracks on The Documentary.  

A lot of tracks sound like they came straight from the golden era of west coast rap.  "California Vacation" is ridiculous, and could potentially be a California anthem.  That track should be a single, cuz it could be a monster, especially if he does a Bay 2 LA remix or something.  But another song people are overlooking is "Remedy".  This beat sounds just like something Snoop DOGGY Dogg and Dr. Dre would rap over in 1993, and sounds like Just Blaze stole this beat from the DR vaults.

This is the first album in a while I'm actually looking forward to buying in the store that'll be worth the $12.

Co-sign. California Vacation sounds like the 2006 version of G-Funk. Remedy sounds like some Niggaz4Life NWA shit (I know they used the same sample in Puppet Master ft. Dr. Dre back in the day). Props to Game - this album is something serious.

rik

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2006, 05:19:28 PM »
I like this album. IMO it's better than "The Documentary".

teecee

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2006, 05:42:31 PM »

Agreed. The main problem with this album and plenty of other rap albums is the amount of different producers. The album doesnt have a vibe, its again a universal album. 3,4 tracks sound completley out of place.

I actually think the album has a similar vibe throughout, no tracks really sound out of place.  I'm not gonna hate on Game for doing the same shit everyone has been doing, even your boy 50.  This DA album is a dope album despite its amny flaws.  I'm still stuck about if its better than the Doc, but one thing we know is the singles aren't even getting close to touching the singles on the Doc.  50 absolutely KILLED Hate it Or Love it and How We Do, he even had me anticipating his own album, only to drop fucking wack ass singles (Jus a lil bit and Candy shop???)   I do know this album shits on most shit dropped this year, and everything G-Unit has released since GRODT.

Bottom line, we all long for back in the day when artists were cohesive.  Commercially, pretty much the only cat who's albums sounds cohesive are Kanye's, regardless of whether you hate the dude or not. 

Avalanche

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2006, 05:45:13 PM »
The mixing is pretty damn good on this album... but i liked the mixing better on the cd single of one blood better.