Author Topic: The_Game-Doctors_Advocate-2006  (Read 8236 times)

Dj Eskimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamer
Re: The_Game-Doctors_Advocate-2006
« Reply #135 on: November 01, 2006, 01:51:02 PM »
Digging quite a few songs, will probably buy this, didn't buy his first though - not a big fan of 50...plus this one is more westcoasted out

word i was trying to wait until release date but ended up getting it last night, its a really dope album imo better than The Documentary.  Will be picking this up on release.

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamertaghere.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
http://www.myspace.com

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #136 on: November 01, 2006, 01:57:28 PM »
I know alot of people been complaining about the lack of commercial singles, but do we want him to do a song like "Candy Shop" or "Mezmerised" ? Imo this is real hip-hop which may not appeal to alot of people, but then again back in the days (if we're talking about REAL hip-hop) there weren't people doing 10x platinum e.t.c. so I feel he is going back to his roots.

I think he should had taken Pac's advice tho and make a couple or atleast one song for the ladies, cuz they do buy albums too and this album was kinda hard from beginning to end.

Game did say this album would be alot darker than The Documentary, so I didn't expect a party album even tho it seems alot of people did, but Game made a choice and that choice will hurt his sales but at the end of the day if that's what he needed to do then that's what he needed to do.

That Jamie Foxx joint first this category.

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #137 on: November 01, 2006, 02:25:16 PM »
I know alot of people been complaining about the lack of commercial singles, but do we want him to do a song like "Candy Shop" or "Mezmerised" ? Imo this is real hip-hop which may not appeal to alot of people, but then again back in the days (if we're talking about REAL hip-hop) there weren't people doing 10x platinum e.t.c. so I feel he is going back to his roots.

I think he should had taken Pac's advice tho and make a couple or atleast one song for the ladies, cuz they do buy albums too and this album was kinda hard from beginning to end.

Game did say this album would be alot darker than The Documentary, so I didn't expect a party album even tho it seems alot of people did, but Game made a choice and that choice will hurt his sales but at the end of the day if that's what he needed to do then that's what he needed to do.

Your reaching kid, that song is COMPLETELY different to the 2 that are mentioned. IMO if Game's got any sense that should be his next single though.

And am i the ONLY person who actually liked te Swizz song? Oh well an old RR head would like it. lol

The Maestro

WestCoasta

« Reply #138 on: November 01, 2006, 02:52:26 PM »
this shit is 10x better than "Documentary"

he kept it real on here, got some clean(er) production, doesn't sound so corporate yet it's clear and good quality at the same time

I thought his lyrics were fine, usual style but he did keep me interested

I like all the tracks except for 4, 8, 9, 14, 15

standout tracks are 2, 6, 7, 10, 13

overall the key to this is replay value and to me it has lots, much more than his previous

Kalonjii

• 'G'
« Reply #139 on: November 01, 2006, 03:03:27 PM »

Are you comparing "Around The World" with "Candy Shop" & "Mezmerise" ? LOL! You can't be serious, if u'r gonna compare "Around The World" to anything 50 has put out then that's prolly "So Amazing" ... I didn't hear Game sing on "Around The World" but I sure as hell heard both 50 & Ja Rule sing on "Candy Shop" & "Mezmerise".

I know you love 50 to death and all but wake the fuck up nigga lol, this might be one of the hardest rap/hip-hop albums in years with potential to sell.
Quote from: Big PaybaCC
u sound like a broad,"he think he hard", if u think he fakin,then prove him wrong...i think im hard ...so what!!! prove me wrong!!! cuzz beat up yukmouth,lil scrappy,sosa(young buccs artist),badazz,and fired on busta rhymes bodyguard even though it didnt go the way he planned it...

^^^^ Damn, Spider Loc's own artist snitchin on that nigga like a mothafucka...

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #140 on: November 01, 2006, 03:14:32 PM »
Yeah so Game doesnt sing the hook, he definetly would if he could but he cant. He does sing the hook for Wouldnt Get Far and does an awful job. These tracks are the same becuase they all cater to chicks that was my point.

This album is dope and all but calling it the hardest hip hop album (by that you mean the best i guess) in years is plain silly. I can name 5 better albums from this year easily.

Once again: the album is dope but dont overhype it  ;)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 03:17:43 PM by Detox is not not coming... »

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #141 on: November 01, 2006, 03:39:31 PM »

Well "Candy Shop" and "Mesmerized" are a LOT different from "In da club" "How we do" "Drop it like it's hot" or even "Just a little bit", which were very dope club songs that will continue to be played in years to come. I am not mad about him not havin anything like this...but it would definitely help him out, and would probably help him to sell even more. If you think about every west coast album that is known to the entire nation and seen as "classic", they ALL have 2-3 commercial songs or club hits that everybody knows.

Matty

« Reply #142 on: November 01, 2006, 03:50:08 PM »
i like it pretty good album but to say it is better than the documentary is debatable. there is nothing on this cd anywhere near as banging as how we do off the doc. people don't seem to realise how that track was such a ridicolously good single - top quality dre production, prolly the best single he'd produced since in da club - something for the radio and the clubs, 50 cent with a catchy hook, helping the album blow up and sell big.

it wasn't even catering to the masses as such it was just a ridicolously hot club track. unfortunately the club tracks on DA just aint on that level but there are a few nice joints. wait until snoop's album drops i reckon most people will forget about game's cd...but to be fair its the best produced westcoast album we've heard in quite a while...credit to game for putting out something respectable...

BIRDMAN

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #143 on: November 01, 2006, 04:03:22 PM »
Remedy sample the Puppet Master track by Dre and B-real from the soul assassins album, damn this track is fire, real old school vibe.

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #144 on: November 01, 2006, 04:07:33 PM »
Yeah so Game doesnt sing the hook, he definetly would if he could but he cant. He does sing the hook for Wouldnt Get Far and does an awful job. These tracks are the same becuase they all cater to chicks that was my point.

This album is dope and all but calling it the hardest hip hop album (by that you mean the best i guess) in years is plain silly. I can name 5 better albums from this year easily.

LOL okay man, different strokes. I guess Rotten Apple and Blood Money are in this list?

The Maestro

YungLilGotiGambinoSoprano

• Lil Geezy
  • Lets get this party started
« Reply #145 on: November 01, 2006, 04:21:01 PM »
Word.

Kalonjii

• 'G'
« Reply #146 on: November 01, 2006, 04:55:18 PM »

Game don't sing as in "IF I WAS YOUR BEST FRIEND" lol u know what I mean...anyway my point is 50 said Ja was singin and then took his style and ran with it, which Game didn't do.

Game came out on some gangsta shit and remained on some gangsta shit, now I agree it wouldn't hurt to have 1 or 2 club/girl songs on there, songs that Ja Rule & 50 are pros at, but you gotta respect Game's decision to not add one of those type of songs.

I won't overhype this album, but The Documentary was a 4/5 with a eastcoast sound, this is a 4.5/5 with a westcoast sound, imo a westcoast modern day classic - but not really a hip-hop classic.

Well "Candy Shop" and "Mesmerized" are a LOT different from "In da club" "How we do" "Drop it like it's hot" or even "Just a little bit", which were very dope club songs that will continue to be played in years to come. I am not mad about him not havin anything like this...but it would definitely help him out, and would probably help him to sell even more. If you think about every west coast album that is known to the entire nation and seen as "classic", they ALL have 2-3 commercial songs or club hits that everybody knows.

Agreed, 1 or 2 club songs wouldn't have hurt DA, but I still feel like Game went for a darker album with this album, I think the things in his life was way to serious to create a club album.

Game said it himself this album will be darker than The Documentary and imo that's just what it is. Let's see what he got for his third album.

LOL okay man, different strokes. I guess Rotten Apple and Blood Money are in this list?

LMAO you forgot Thoughts of A Predicate Felony
Quote from: Big PaybaCC
u sound like a broad,"he think he hard", if u think he fakin,then prove him wrong...i think im hard ...so what!!! prove me wrong!!! cuzz beat up yukmouth,lil scrappy,sosa(young buccs artist),badazz,and fired on busta rhymes bodyguard even though it didnt go the way he planned it...

^^^^ Damn, Spider Loc's own artist snitchin on that nigga like a mothafucka...

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #147 on: November 01, 2006, 05:37:32 PM »
Wow. I've listen to the album twice...and all I gotta say is Wow.

Game really surprised me...i thought he could'nt do it..but he did.

One thing you guys gotta give Game is...he knows how to choose the right beats...not many rappers..actually MOST rappers can't choose the right mix of beats for his albums
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #148 on: November 01, 2006, 05:42:49 PM »

Your reaching kid, that song is COMPLETELY different to the 2 that are mentioned. IMO if Game's got any sense that should be his next single though.

And am i the ONLY person who actually liked te Swizz song? Oh well an old RR head would like it. lol

That swizz song is probably the SICKEST song on the album...the fuckin beat is tight aswell.
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Looks like I have to eat my words about Game making a mistake leaving Dre
« Reply #149 on: November 01, 2006, 11:17:18 PM »
Even Game himself regrets leaving Dre, and views it as a mistake.  But after hearing some tracks from his new album, it seems like he'll end up being one of the few artists that could maintain the same level of quality in their music, without Dre's production and vision.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)