Author Topic: The_Game-Doctors_Advocate-2006  (Read 8240 times)

youngmessnucca

Re: The_Game-Doctors_Advocate-2006
« Reply #165 on: November 04, 2006, 02:42:54 PM »
After some soak time, I'm not impressed at ALL. This should be an instrumental album with maybe just the guests rapping. Sorry guys, I tried and this is hot garbago to me. I mean, we all know everyone wants Detox to come out, but in the mean time, I don't want to hear Game impersonationg Dre on half the songs on his cd. He sounds like Dre to a T on some tracks, very sad if this guy is one of Cali's biggest stars. I only see girls and rap fans under 18 to like this cd. Maybe Im just old schoool.

About 8-9 songs on here that I like, but thats half the album = 2.5 out of 5 = not a good rating. Most people seem to not care about lyrics these days, but Game really needs to step it up. If he ever gets dropped from his major label security blanket, he's in trouble cuz the indy fans won't support someone who can't even write a verse without a) using another rappers name, and b) using a line that another rapper(s) already used multiple times. Also, his infactuation with Dre & Aftremath is VERY suspect. Brings the album down so much.

The good thing I can say about Doc's Advocate is that it is a more mature album, instead of just catering to the clubs. It's still hit and miss on the lyrics, and it's mostly a miss.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 02:52:27 PM by phillyboy »

REGIME MOB 510

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #166 on: November 04, 2006, 02:49:31 PM »
After some soak time, I'm not impressed at ALL. This should be an instrumental album with maybe just the guests rapping. Sorry guys, I tried and this is hot garbago to me. I mean, we all know everyone wants Detox to come out, but in the mean time, I don't want to hear Game impersonationg Dre on half the songs on his cd. He sounds like Dre to a T on some tracks, very sad if this guy is one of Cali's biggest stars. I only see girls and rap fans under 18 to like this cd. Maybe Im just old schoool.

About 8-9 songs on here that I like, but thats half the album = 2.5 out of 5 = not a good rating. Most people seem to not care about lyrics these days, but Game really needs to step it up. If he ever gets dropped from his major label security blanket, he's in trouble cuz the indy fans won't support someone who can't even write a verse without a) using another rappers name, and b) using a line that another rapper(s) already used multiple times. Also, his infactuation with Dre & Aftremath is VERY suspect. Brings the album down so much.
dont worry game fans, a meth addict's opinion doesnt matter for shit anyways, especially if he's from jersey and rides the west's dick like its the thing to do.  FUCK PHILLYPHAG

youngmessnucca

« Reply #167 on: November 04, 2006, 02:51:27 PM »
^^^But didnt you just make a thread about Jim Jones having 3 certified classic cds? So, youre an Eastcoast dickrider if Im a Cali dickrider. And, you dickride me as well. If I have time Ill go through your posts and show you that about 60% of your posts were made trashing me. Good for you, still trying to get karma by talking shit about me. ;) Good contribution to the site/

Also, I'm not the only one who feels this way about Game, but you don't say shit to anyone else?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 03:08:18 PM by phillyboy »

--Vance--

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You can't spell Dilate without L.A.
« Reply #168 on: November 04, 2006, 02:55:46 PM »
Yeah I made a bet with some one that if Game didnt go plat within 6 months I would gladly change my screen name to something saying how "talanted" game is. I dont remeber exactly. ill have to look up my post history...actually i wont have to because game wont go platinum anyways.  posted by phillyboy

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Your opinion will be changed in less than one month when the game will reach platinum status and you'll have a screen with this!!!

hahahahahahahaha

youngmessnucca

« Reply #169 on: November 04, 2006, 03:05:22 PM »
^^^ I still don't see that happening as Game's buzz is close to 0 on the Superior Coast, however even if he does, that doesn't mean much of anything as far as the music being good. Young Joc & Rick Ross are headed to platinum and have the same lyrical skills of Game.

I wont make bad on the bet, and I will change my screen name if he goes plat, cuz Im a good sport.( how bout "game is moderatley good" lol ) Not to many people on here would go through with it. It's gonna be wierd having somebody with Game in there sig saying how poor of a rapper he is though. But I speak nothing but facts.

So nah, my opinion will stay the same until he steps his game up, or at least hires some good ghostwriters ( you would think he would have done it by now ).

Alot of people on this board know how bad and lazy Game is as an emcee, most people don't wanna speak on it though. And alot of the people that do like Game, forced themselves to do so, either because a) wanna be gangster b) they are from West Coast c) they hate G-Unit.

Im thinking 800K at the most by week 6 unless he sells 350-400K in week one.

d-nice

« Reply #170 on: November 04, 2006, 03:15:32 PM »
^^^ I still don't see that happening as Game's buzz is close to 0 on the Superior Coast, however even if he does, that doesn't mean much of anything as far as the music being good. Young Joc & Rick Ross are headed to platinum and have the same lyrical skills of Game.

I wont make bad on the bet, and I will change my screen name if he goes plat, cuz Im a good sport.( how bout "game is moderatley good" lol ) Not to many people on here would go through with it. It's gonna be wierd having somebody with Game in there sig saying how poor of a rapper he is though. But I speak nothing but facts.

So nah, my opinion will stay the same until he steps his game up, or at least hires some good ghostwriters ( you would think he would have done it by now ).

Alot of people on this board know how bad and lazy Game is as an emcee, most people don't wanna speak on it though. And alot of the people that do like Game, forced themselves to do so, either because a) wanna be gangster b) they are from West Coast c) they hate G-Unit.

Im thinking 800K at the most by week 6 unless he sells 350-400K in week one.

You really think Young Joc and Rick Ross are on the same level as Game with lyrics?  ???

youngmessnucca

« Reply #171 on: November 04, 2006, 03:27:32 PM »
^^^ IMO. Last time I said that on here, I got mad hate, but posting that shit on Eastcoast boards, I dont get much of a dispute. I see Game as another manufactured rapper like Ross & Joc. Game may be a little better than Ross ( at least not every song is about the same thing ), but hes about the same as Joc to me. Ive been picking apart the bars on Doc's Advocate and like Rick Ross & Joc, he relys on almost the same way of approaching every verse. Alot of people say, well you can look over the name dropping, but simple facts, he does it TOO much to be taken seriously as someone with talent.

He has succeded in making a better album than the 2 previously named rappers ( add Jeezy to that list too ), but Game is poison to my ears. When I started getting into rap, a rapper's skill level was always taken into consideration and biting was still considered a bad thing. All I really hear from Game except the few concept songs was spitting other rappers names mad times, and on top of that, he spits lines from other classic songs in almost every verse!

I don't hate on anyone for liking the Game. If your a fan, that's cool on every level, I probably like rappers that you think are wack. ( If your a dickrider, and get aggresive on me for saying what I'm sayin like the indian kid from the bay does, then fuck you, you got your own issues to work out before you come at me. ) Many of my friends listen to the guy, I tell them the same thing I'm telling you. Am I disputing that Game has a large number of fans? Of course not. Do I think he will do a mill after 6 weeks? Probably not. I just feel that Game is subpar at his best. I stick by my comments. Like I said just my opinion, don't hate on me . ( I might even have Game in my sig by December  ;) )

Oh yeah, and to the little indian boy, I see your still online, but it looks like you ain;t saying shit now coward. Would you like me to keep my responses to a sentence at maximum so you can understand it, and maybe then try to muster a good, competitive reply?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 03:32:42 PM by phillyboy »

d-nice

« Reply #172 on: November 04, 2006, 03:38:01 PM »
^^^ IMO. Last time I said that on here, I got mad hate, but posting that shit on Eastcoast boards, I dont get much of a dispute. I see Game as another manufactured rapper like Ross & Joc. Game may be a little better than Ross ( at least not every song is about the same thing ), but hes about the same as Joc to me. Ive been picking apart the bars on Doc's Advocate and like Rick Ross & Joc, he relys on almost the same way of approaching every verse. Alot of people say, well you can look over the name dropping, but simple facts, he does it TOO much to be taken seriously as someone with talent.

He has succeded in making a better album than the 2 previously named rappers ( add Jeezy to that list too ), but Game is poison to my ears. When I started getting into rap, a rapper's skill level was always taken into consideration and biting was still considered a bad thing. All I really hear from Game except the few concept songs was spitting other rappers names mad times, and on top of that, he spits lines from other classic songs in almost every verse!

I don't hate on anyone for liking the Game. If your a fan, that's cool on every level, I probably like rappers that you think are wack. ( If your a dickrider, and get aggresive on me for saying what I'm sayin like the indian kid from the bay does, then fuck you, you got your own issues to work out before you come at me. ) Many of my friends listen to the guy, I tell them the same thing I'm telling you. Am I disputing that Game has a large number of fans? Of course not. Do I think he will do a mill after 6 weeks? Probably not. I just feel that Game is subpar at his best. I stick by my comments. Like I said just my opinion, don't hate on me . ( I might even have Game in my sig by December  ;) )

Oh yeah, and to the little indian boy, I see your still online, but it looks like you ain;t saying shit now coward. Would you like me to keep my responses to a sentence at maximum so you can understand it, and maybe then try to muster a good, competitive reply?

Chill homie, I just asked you a question. You explained yourself and I can respect your opinion. Sometimes you have to stand alone with your beliefs so it's all good. It's just music at the end of the day.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #173 on: November 04, 2006, 03:42:14 PM »
I'm chill as can be, the negative aspects of that post werent directed at you Nice. I just quoted you so you would know I answered your question best as I could.

d-nice

« Reply #174 on: November 04, 2006, 03:47:01 PM »
I'm chill as can be, the negative aspects of that post werent directed at you Nice. I just quoted you so you would know I answered your question best as I could.

Ok. Yeah I can understand what you are saying. Hip hop as a whole is very cut and paste right now. A few dope rappers here and there. As for Game, he is cool, I think alot of people hype him up like they do because people want somebody other than Snoop and Dre to make some noise from the west.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #175 on: November 04, 2006, 04:18:48 PM »
^^^ That's true too. I'm not in Cali, so my views are gonna be different than yours. People in Cali probably hype him up like people on the East do to Jay-Z.

d-nice

« Reply #176 on: November 04, 2006, 04:31:13 PM »
That and this is a west coast forum. Most "stans" take it to another level with the dickriding, but fans are fans and through everything he has been through, he still has west coast fans. Kind of surprising to me but it is what it is. I personally feel there are alot of other rappers I like to listen to also other than Game. Glasses got some heat, Bishop is off the chain, Cube is my favorite along with Snoop, I listen to everything. As far as the Doc's Advocate, I think it will do some numbers, not 4 or 5 mil like the first one, but I think that comes with Game being almost larger than the music. His mouth and fighting outside of the music has surpassed the music to me, so now it is like alot of people will cop his album just to see what he has to say. I did not download the album, I will buy it and make a decision then, but dude needs to stand on his own and get some substance to his rhymes.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #177 on: November 04, 2006, 04:36:10 PM »
Agreed with pretty much everything u said pimp.

WestCoasta

« Reply #178 on: November 04, 2006, 04:42:33 PM »
yo Phillyboy I think you're takin the shit too seriously that's all

I've thought all that stuff and I agree, he's manufactured

nothing special lyically at all really, a few good punchlines every now and then

the only reasons he's got attention is because the West is dead and he is/was Dr. Dre affiliated

the name dropping wouldn't be too bad if he would mention more people other than Dre, Jay, 50, Eminem or whatever

another negative is that all he does is pretty much mention the same shit

but anyways what I'm sayin is I feel the same way you do, but with this album I just didn't think too hard and it was enjoyable

I'm not even a Game fan but it had good beats and some future West classics

to me it's the best cd I heard this year with all the hype, and I never thought I would say that believe me

youngmessnucca

« Reply #179 on: November 04, 2006, 04:55:46 PM »
^^^ That's just how I am when I'm speaking my opinion. I see so many people on here that love Game, with very little disagreence, so I thought I would bring a different POV to the table. The people taking it too seriously are the ones who made my karma drop by 3 since my initial post lol.

I agree with what your saying as far as not thinking hard when taking in a cd like this. It would be a good CD for driving on a highway. I'm more into stuff like Lupe, Tech N9ne and East Coast rappers the most. I like listening to the actual lyrical content more than anything. I wasn't trying to call Game fans stupid or anything like that, but right after I posted, someone was right under me talking that shit on a personal level. That's why I got heated. But it is a board to discuss music. I know everyone on here don't care for me, but I felt like dropping my opinions anyways.