Author Topic: Bow Wow Fesses Up About Ex-Girlfriend Ciara On LP  (Read 338 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Bow Wow Fesses Up About Ex-Girlfriend Ciara On LP
« on: October 31, 2006, 12:37:47 AM »
Bow Wow has a confession to make.

Like Usher, the teen rap star has come of age in the public eye and now that he's old enough, Bow finally wants to open up more about his private life — starting with his ex-girlfriend, Ciara.

Though he didn't want to name names, Bow Wow was more than forthcoming when he hinted about the material on his upcoming album, The Price of Fame, due December 19 on Sony Urban Music/ Columbia Records.

In particular, the junior rhyme-spitter noted a track called "System," on which he admits to having difficulties getting past a relationship with a girl he once dated. Bow was careful never to reveal her name, but a sly smile crossed his face when Ciara was brought up as the likely subject.

"It's one of the most heartfelt records that I've ever done," Bow explained after appearing on "TRL" last week. "It's about a certain relationship I was in, but how I feel about it now. And this [song] is a letter to that person. I'm finally getting the opportunity to get that off my chest. I look at The Price of Fame as a diary. And I'm just welcoming everybody into what's been going on from a year and a half ago until now with me. That song is the one that really speaks, because it's about me getting someone out of my system to make me feel good, but it's hard to do that when you really like someone."

Aside from tackling relationships, Bow Wow said he is aiming to impress a more diverse, older audience than the largely teen and female set traditionally drawn to his work. His first single, "Shortie Like Mine" featuring Chris Brown, caters to his existing fanbase, but he said most of the material on this project was recorded to display his lyrical abilities more than play up the heartthrob image he has attained.

Bow did express appreciation for all his fans, but admitted he wanted to open up more in hopes of making this what he's calling his first real rap album. He and Jermaine Dupri recruited a few guests to help achieve this mission, including Lil Wayne and Houston newcomer Shortdog for a track called "Four Corners." Although they've yet to nail down the fourth MC for the song, Bow likened the track to having the youngest and most talented artists from each corner of the map representing for their backyard with their talent.

"JD gave me the green light to do what I want to do," Bow said, noting that he felt the track exemplifies the direction of The Price of Fame. "I told him the type of records I wanted and the type of records I needed. So this album is not only for my fans, but for real rap heads. I'm talking about things, when people hear this record they gonna be like, 'Sh--, I know he didn't just say that! Rewind that.'

"It's new to me and it's gonna be new to my fans," he concluded. "It's just raw and uncut."

This report is provided by MTV News (MTV.com)
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

CoreG37

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Bow Wow Fesses Up About Ex-Girlfriend Ciara On LP
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 07:12:16 AM »
"Raw and uncut" huh?  He said his last album was going to be something like Illmatic...

-CaliKid-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ^dime^
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 10:50:41 AM »
"Raw and uncut" huh?  He said his last album was going to be something like Illmatic...

I LOL'ed when he said that

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 11:07:38 AM »

"It's one of the most heartfelt records that I've ever done," Bow explained after appearing on "TRL" last week. "It's about a certain relationship I was in, but how I feel about it now. And this [song] is a letter to that person. I'm finally getting the opportunity to get that off my chest. I look at The Price of Fame as a diary. And I'm just welcoming everybody into what's been going on from a year and a half ago until now with me. That song is the one that really speaks, because it's about me getting someone out of my system to make me feel good, but it's hard to do that when you really like someone."

what a faggot.  i bet too $hort would spit on this bitch.

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

.SNEEKlocsta:.

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 11:52:11 AM »

what a faggot.  i bet too $hort would spit on this bitch.
LOL  ;D

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 11:58:11 AM »

I just did. :P

LOL! He said his last album was gonna be like Illmatic? Was that around the same time he dissed The Fresh Prince? ::)

da flayboyant 2

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 04:07:06 PM »

I just did. :P

LOL! He said his last album was gonna be like Illmatic? Was that around the same time he dissed The Fresh Prince? ::)
remember when he said he was better than lil wayne? sounds like dude has been hanging around daz too much

WC Iz Active

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 04:12:48 PM »
WTF, Bow Wow said he was better than Wayne?

SUCDipset

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 04:35:27 PM »
yeah i remember him saying something like him, Jay-Z, and 50 Cent are the best rappers out now

CoreG37

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 06:27:24 PM »
i swear this cat tlaks out his ass every time he gets the chance.  he's hella high on himself when he is not that damn tight.   he needs to come with some realer shit now that he's over th age of 18, no more of the teeny bopper shit...

Chief

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 08:44:15 PM »
i bet 50 reemed her..

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 11:17:58 PM »
I heard he's with Chris Brown aka Usher Lite.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2006, 11:31:18 AM »
I heard he's with Chris Brown aka Usher Lite.

Chris Brown jacked Mike's whole vibe in his video for 'Gimme Dat' :grumpy: