Author Topic: Debate over Islamic head covering  (Read 641 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Debate over Islamic head covering
« on: November 01, 2006, 01:07:39 PM »
theres a lot of debate happening in both the Islamic and Non Islamic world over the practice of Niqab which is the full body covering (including the face)

train of thought, state your opinions, especially the muslims i would like to hear from them

personally, i think the niqab, burqa or any of those hideous pieces of clothing requiring women to cover their faces and un necessarily cover their bodies is un islamic, ridiclous, and disgusting

our religion tells us to dress modestly, and makes specific reference to only the head covering (hijab), which has deep roots in alot of faiths and cultures.

anything more than that is cultural backwardness and ignorance that makes Muslims look like retards.

i also think it is fuckin stupid as hell for Muslims in the West to demand that they be able to cover their faces and still expect to be fully integrated into this society without any questions or conditions.

if u want to wear the niqab, go right ahead, how a woman chooses to dress is not my concern. but dont expect to still be able to teach (case in england), or take a fuckin drivers license photo (case in florida) with your face covered.

if insecure men engrained with a patriarchal twisted cultural upbringing feel the need to cover their women like this, it speaks volumes on their inadequacies in adapting to reality.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re: Debate over Islamic head covering
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 05:15:42 PM »
Agree fully, good post.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

J Bananas

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 05:23:01 PM »
if they want to dress modest then fine. but modest clothing has developed over the past 2000 years to where you dont have to like a tuscan raider from star wars. and if muslims want to thrive in a western society without constantly getting checked by the po po's they need to understand why concealing their identity in public looks suspect.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 06:02:44 PM »
Agree fully, good post.

it always is when i speak
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

AndrE16686

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 07:25:57 PM »
women don't need no head-scarf to constitute modest dress, my Turkish honeyz agree and they call themselves Muslims. Its more a statement of religious affiliation in my opinion.  The face-covering full body burkha or whatever its called should be banned, in schools, work,etc but in their own time people should be able to wear wtf they want. Foreal, if you are going to conceal your identity in public expect to be harassed by the popo, same as hockey mask rockin children and klansmen. the head scarf is fine tho, perfectly fine.

REGIME MOB 510

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 09:28:00 PM »

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 10:18:05 PM »
Wearing niqab (Islamic head covering) has many great virtues.  It eliminates all the major routes towards lust, thus protecting the closeness and sanctity of a marriage.  It is righteous for a woman to get excited and dress up to look beautiful for her husband, yet when she is in public she covers and protects her virtue.   In this way she is treated as a woman with class and not treated as an object.  Trust me, a woman in Islamic covering gets respect wherever she goes. 

America is a backwards society, where the women dress any old way around the house and then get all dressed up when they go out so they can impress people and satisfy their base desires for attention. 

America is also a backwards society in that they call it extreme when a woman wants to cover herself and protect her modesty in public, yet they think it's okay when 13 year old girls go to school everyday with their ass and tities busting out.   

America is a society in which at every turn, the media and culture is trying to exploit man's natural inclination towards sex.  Sex is supposed to be a means to an end.  Sex creates closeness and love in a marriage.  However, in America sex is treated as an end in itself.  People become slaves to sex, and even men who aren't getting any sex waste hours on end fantasizing about women on TV or magazines that they will never meet in real life. 

Women who cover protect a man's dignity, and allow him and the rest of the society to focus on more important things, without the constant distractions and pre-occupation with sex.

When I was on Hajj and I was living amongst women who covered, it was much easier for me to focus on increasing my worship and bettering myself; because there wasn't this constant distraction and pre-occupation with sex that I had grown up with.

But bottom line, all these virtues that I mentioned don't matter, the greatest virtue of all is that the women cover to please Allah, and the pleasure of Allah is more important to them than anything else.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 10:29:33 PM by Hajj Abdul-Infinite...BANNED FOR SPEAKING TRUTH! »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 11:49:39 PM »
I agree, I think its stupid and unnecessary.  You can still be a good muslim without covering your full body.   Whats the point of existance when no body know who you are   ::)

J Bananas

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 02:38:27 AM »
Wearing niqab (Islamic head covering) has many great virtues.  It eliminates all the major routes towards lust, thus protecting the closeness and sanctity of a marriage.  It is righteous for a woman to get excited and dress up to look beautiful for her husband, yet when she is in public she covers and protects her virtue.   In this way she is treated as a woman with class and not treated as an object.  Trust me, a woman in Islamic covering gets respect wherever she goes. 

America is a backwards society, where the women dress any old way around the house and then get all dressed up when they go out so they can impress people and satisfy their base desires for attention. 

America is also a backwards society in that they call it extreme when a woman wants to cover herself and protect her modesty in public, yet they think it's okay when 13 year old girls go to school everyday with their ass and tities busting out.   

America is a society in which at every turn, the media and culture is trying to exploit man's natural inclination towards sex.  Sex is supposed to be a means to an end.  Sex creates closeness and love in a marriage.  However, in America sex is treated as an end in itself.  People become slaves to sex, and even men who aren't getting any sex waste hours on end fantasizing about women on TV or magazines that they will never meet in real life. 

Women who cover protect a man's dignity, and allow him and the rest of the society to focus on more important things, without the constant distractions and pre-occupation with sex.

When I was on Hajj and I was living amongst women who covered, it was much easier for me to focus on increasing my worship and bettering myself; because there wasn't this constant distraction and pre-occupation with sex that I had grown up with.

But bottom line, all these virtues that I mentioned don't matter, the greatest virtue of all is that the women cover to please Allah, and the pleasure of Allah is more important to them than anything else.

i hope you commit suicide bryan. do it pussy

Narrator

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 06:19:15 AM »

How about you just stop making excuses for why you can't get laid?

Oh, yeah, and did I mention already that Allah told me I gotta kill all white people?

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2006, 07:41:48 AM »

im assuming youre talkin about the niqab as opposed to the hijab which i would never question or condemn. i dont think the niqab has any basis in islam. and i dont think its right for women to totally conceal themselves just so men cant be tempted by lust. what does that say about us men, or more specifically muslim men? i know , biologically, man is a sexual beast, and islam recognizes this as well, but i think we need to draw the line, and expect men to have self restraint

- Lewis Carroll

Chief

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2006, 08:41:48 AM »
i believe in women dressing modestly also.. at the same time i have no problem seeing islamic women wearing a nijab, i do find it starnge, but who am i to judge...

but the full on covering, that shit is just freaky, almost to the point of dominatrix freaky... it's like those women are slaves to their husbands, just a possession... i'm glad we have some common ground on that issue..

a face is someones identity, it shouldnt be hidden.

Kassem

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2006, 08:53:54 AM »
i believe in women dressing modestly also.. at the same time i have no problem seeing islamic women wearing a nijab, i do find it starnge, but who am i to judge...

but the full on covering, that shit is just freaky, almost to the point of dominatrix freaky... it's like those women are slaves to their husbands, just a possession... i'm glad we have some common ground on that issue..

a face is someones identity, it shouldnt be hidden.
a niqab is the whole body covering,

i think they are free to wear the niqab but then they can't be going asking for jobs or car liscenes
United Arab States

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2006, 09:47:50 AM »
people should dress as they please. If you wanna dress like they are from middle earth let them do as they please. Its people that can't get over the primitive mindset that piss me off.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2006, 10:35:52 AM »

How about you just stop making excuses for why you can't get laid?

Oh, yeah, and did I mention already that Allah told me I gotta kill all white people?

You think with a white mind.  When I first became Muslim, the girlfriends I was having around the time all distanced themselves from me.  It didn't matter because I was doing it for Allah, not for them.  Thing of it is, these were all white women.  So your statement should be rephrased to, "why you can't get laid by white women."  White women think white Muslim men are strange (although they happen to love Muslims from other racial backgrounds, but that's another story, I'll let Tech tell you about that).

However, Allah is most merciful, and outside of white women there are plenty of women from other backgrounds to get married to.  If you weren't a fake black nationalist (and a lame one at that) you would know that black women love Muslim men; in fact I've been married to an African American woman for almost 3 years now.  And Muslim women are 100x better than any of the non-Muslim white girls I used to go out with in highschool.  Muslim women are more beautiful, more loyal, more intelligent, and spiritual. 

« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 10:39:46 AM by Hajj Abdul-Infinite...BANNED FOR SPEAKING TRUTH! »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)