Author Topic: BO-BO LUCHIANO INTERVIEW  (Read 117 times)

Pushinbigbody00

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • RIP DJ SCREW / FREE TWISTED BLACK
BO-BO LUCHIANO INTERVIEW
« on: November 09, 2006, 09:42:40 PM »
http://www.texasgigs.com/news/2006/nov/09/bobo-luchiana---interview-urban-south-entertainmen/

BoBo Luchiano - An Interview with Urban South Entertainment
By Edward "Pookie" Hall

Anybody living in Dallas, TX that is involved with the rap music industry knows the name BoBo Luchiano. If you don't, you should be banned immediately! Whether it's his time with the group Nemesis & Ron-C in 89', or being the hype man of the group UGK (Bun B & Pimp C) from 93'-95', or making the Dallas anthem “South Dallas Drop,” or hosting the KNON 89.3 FM show Dirty South Block Party, Bobo Luchiano is for sure a Dallas rap industry living legend.

Bobo took some time out of his schedule for an interview with Pookie from UrbanSouth

Pookie from UrbanSouth: How did you get your name?

BoBo Luchiano: I was already BO-BO. I said BO-BO Luchiano on a verse to a song and it just stuck from there. It sounded gangsta.

Pookie from UrbanSouth: How long have you been in the music business?

BoBo Luchiano: I started in '89 with Nemesis and Ron-C. I've been serious in it trying to rap since about '97

Pookie from Urban South: You' re linked to the birth of Dallas hip-hop & rap music. Explain.

BoBo Luchiano: We'll my brother DJ Snake was in and produced the group Nemesis. He also produced this kid from Cali by the name of Ron-C. Me and Ron clicked so he put me down as his hype man where I recorded a D-Town anthem "South Dallas Drop." This was all in 1989 so I guess you can say I've been down since the beginning. This is pretty much a summary of what happened.

Pookie from Urban South: How do you remind the local music scene about the history of Nemesis, Eazy Eddie D, the D.O.C and others?

BoBo Luchiano: Well we always go back to the old school on my radio show. Gotta educate these youngsters.

Pookie from Urban South: What's the connection with KNON 89.3 FM?

BoBo Luchiano: I've had my own show there for about 7 1/2 years. It's called Tha Dirty South Block Party with Bo-Bo and Nem. All rap from tha’ south baby showing some local love.

Pookie from Urban South: Is KNON 89.3 FM the station to birth Dallas’ Hip Hop & Rap music scene?

BoBo Luchiano: Yeah like in '85-'87 my brother Snake, Big Al and Cassanova Rock had the All Hearty Def Party show on the same station. They were really the first to play street & underground rap along with Nippy Jones, DJ Curly and Dr. Funk, who all had shows on the station. Man, I have been down from the beginning I guess.

Pookie form Urban South: Who are your co-host(s)? When does the show air? Can it be heard online?

BoBo Luchiano: My co-host is Dj Fish. My producer is Pikahsso. The show can be heard every Sat. night from 10pm-12 midnight. Yeah, you can check us out on the web. We're the only station in Dallas with streaming love. Go to www.knon.org. or www.Dallaspeeps.com. What up Rob. Its all good!

Pookie from Urban South: What is the biggest problem your show face when working with local artists and labels?

BoBo Luchiano: Lack of education about the music industry and how to take it to that next level. We have a lot of talent in Dallas but we have a lot of Boo-Boo too. I guess its too many ‘Yes Men’ in the click. I sort through all that bullshit and only play the trill shit. These guys really have to step their production game up also. Some of these beats sound like they made them on an old school Casio keyboard. You gotta get you a drum machine and sinq that with your keyboard to get a national sound. If I hear one more producer say he can make a triton keyboard sound like a MPC drum machine, I'm gonna lose it around here man. Stop playin’ with yourself and the music.

Pookie from Urban South: How do people support your radio show and KNON radio station?

BoBo Luchiano: Pledge drive is every 3 months. We have one this month and I need everyone’s support. Holla at your boy.

Pookie from Urban South: What's the process of trying to receive airplay?

BoBo Luchiano: 1ST, quality music. Then, the right attitude when you come to my show. Also, its pledge drive, pledge drive, pledge drive baby.

Pookie from Urban South: You're also an artist yourself. Tell us more

BoBo Luchiano: Bo-Bo Luchiano, Roggish Life Ent.! I put out my first solo joint in 2001 called Enemy of tha MF State. It had that southern classic on there “Bitch Get Up Off Me" feat UGK. I take this music serious man.

Pookie from Urban South: “Bitch Get Up Off Me”... Yeah, we all know that one! Who is 'Roggish Life Ent.'?

BoBo Luchiano: Myself, Sandman, Tha Swisher Boys, Baby Rue, Slim, Redbone, DJ Snake, Raymond Mbala. It’s too many to name. It’s a movement.

Pookie from Urban South: What's the name of the your upcoming album and what's the expected release date?

BoBo Luchiano: It's entitled Who's Tha Mack and we're shooting for a 1st quarter release if the buzz is where its supposed to be.

Pookie from Urban South: Why that title name for the album?

BoBo Luchiano: Well the first thing that comes to mind is pimpin’ but really I'm speaking about the world, the industry, and everyday life. I'm really asking who's macking who around here? You gotta step your game up. I've got a single entitled "Who’s Tha Mack". It is what it is.

Pookie from Urban South: What about collabs & production?

BoBo Luchiano: The album is produced by DJ Snake of Nemesis. We also have tracks from Steve Below from the 808 Boys, Pain from Million Dollar and the Rumsqaud. My features include UGK (Pimp C & Bun B), Young Bleed, Money Waters, Kotton Mouf & Big Ben from the Rally Boys and the Roggish Life family

Pookie from Urban South: 1st single?

BoBo Luchiano: "Stop Playin with Yo-self" feat. UGK

Pookie from Urban South: LOL. Explain the name of single. Am I asking a question I know the answer to?

BoBo Luchiano: Nah man. Its really motivational. I just want my city to stand up and be the best that I know we can. "STOP PLAYIN WITH YO-SELF!"

Pookie from Urban South: When will it drop?

BoBo Luchiano: The single is dropping the 1st week of December '06

Pookie from Urban South: I just wanna confirm right now that we will receive a feature in the video when it's shot? lol

BoBo Luchiano: 'Awready,’ its all to tha gravy good you my homie

Pookie from Urban South: I heard you were the hype man for UGK (Pimp C & Bun B) in the early days?

BoBo Luchiano: Yeah from late '93 until the beginning of '96

Pookie from Urban South: I can only imagine how many people reading this right now are saying 'why you' and 'why not' them'. What's it like being the hype man of UGK?

BoBo Luchinao: Aw man it was a very exciting and an educational experience. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Pookie from Urban South: What is your relationship with them today?

BoBo Luchiano: They are my lil brothers man. I love them like we have the same blood running through our veins. It's trill blood

Pookie from Urban South: What's next for BoBo Luchiano?

BoBo Luchiano: More music weather it be a mix CD or mainstream, more radio man I'm on the grind. Just geting ready for the "Who’s Tha Mack" project. It’s classic

Pookie from Urban South: Advice to the local music scene

BoBo Luchiano: Make some hit music and stay true to yourself and your city and every thing will fall into place. X the yes man out of your click and build a strong team. Put God 1st. The sky is the limit.

Pookie from Urban South: Any last words, shout outs or last second promotions?

BoBo Luchiano : First I wanna shout out to God for all the blessing, my wife Re'na, my daughters Julia and Joy, my Roggish Life Ent. Family, and Tha Dirty South Block Party crew. And to my partna Pookie from Urban South and TexasGigs. Its all luv baby. "STOP PLAYIN WITH YO-SELF!"
check out my 90's vinyl bargain bin..tons of classics & rare ish for the low!

http://www.discogs.com/seller/pusherman972