Author Topic: Bad Boy Records Inks Landmark Deal with VP Records  (Read 68 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Bad Boy Records Inks Landmark Deal with VP Records
« on: November 03, 2006, 07:13:54 AM »
Sean “Diddy” Combs of Bad Boy Worldwide Entertainment announced today a landmark deal with reggae/dancehall music label VP Records to market and distribute dancehall superstar, Elephant Man. “Elephant Man is one the greatest entertainers in his genre of music. When I saw him at Madison Square Garden ripping down the stage, I knew that he was the one. He will be a great addition to our team,” Sean “Diddy” Combs said. The first release from Elephant Man under the new Bad Boy/VP Records venture is slated for spring 2007 with a single and video expected in early 2007.

Known for his high-energy live performances, Elephant Man a/k/a O’Neil Bryan is one of the few dancehall acts to crossover into mainstream music. Collaborations with Diddy, Cassie, Rhianna, Busta Rhymes, Shaggy, Mya, and long time collaborator Lil’ Jon, are expected on his upcoming release. In addition to the new CD in the works, Elephant Man will also hit the road as a supporting act on Diddy’s world tour to begin in February 2007 in support of Diddy’s new album “Press Play,” in stores this October.

A protégé of dancehall king, Bounty Killer, Elephant Man signed with VP Records in 2003 and crossed over into the pop mainstream with his hit single “Pon Di River” and collaborations with The Ying Yang Twinz, Lil’ Jon and Twista. Regarding the joint venture with Bad Boy, Elephant Man, known to fans as the Energy God, remarked: “Ya know we are excited to work with P. Diddy, the vibes are there, and with this combo we are gonna take dancehall to another level. I’m looking forward to dropping (the album) and the promotion, cuz Diddy is creative, and with him and the Energy God together…It’s gonna be madness!

Willie Daniels of VP Records commented: “Elephant Man has collaborated with many international stars, Lil’ Jon, Janet Jackson, Will Smith, and Mariah Carey to name a few, but I have never seen him so motivated to succeed. This collaboration is a natural progression in his career as an artist and entertainer.”

Bad Boy Records GM, Harve Pierre added, It’s a pleasure working with Elephant and VP Records and I know that it will be a great experience.”

VP Records, established in 1979 as a retail store, is the largest independent label for new Jamaican music in the United States, and holds a predominant position in the influential hip-hop-flavored dancehall niche. The 2002 release Sean Paul’s debut on VP Records catapulted the Jamaica-born reggae artist into a multi-platinum household name.

Bad Boy Worldwide Entertainment (BBWEG) is one of the world’s pre-eminent urban entertainment companies. Bad Boy ventures include more than music and encompass a broad range of businesses including recording, music publishing, artist management, and television and film production and the Sean John clothing line. Bad Boy Records is home to hip hop legend the late Notorious B.I.G., as well as current chart toppers Danity Kane, Yung Joc, Cassie, B5, Boyz N Da Hood, Cheri Dennis, Christian Daniel, and 8Ball & MJG.

Source: www.yoraps.com
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com