Author Topic: WOW look at the tracklist for "Eminem presents The Re-Up"  (Read 956 times)

ac1386

• Lil Geezy
Re: WOW look at the tracklist for "Eminem presents The Re-Up"
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2006, 11:34:02 AM »

yea iīm not a music fan ::) get the fuck outta here. and the only thing that was anywhere near great on TES was Emīs flow, his flow was perfected on that album but his lyrics were lacking. Emīs production on that album was weak and boring, he talked about the same ole' shit. now Streetīs Disciple was a good album but not great, but atleast Nas went outside the box and tried something very risky for an artist in his position and Em played it safe and predictable with TES. but yea, iīm not a music fan and your opinion is the only one that counts round here :laugh:

now i consider myself a pretty well informed hip hop fan. I like a whole range of artists and albums and can usually see why someone wouldnt like osmething or does like something... but i still dont understand why people think tes is so "average." are you mad cause he's a different artist then he was on mmlp? like you said his flow is perfect... as well as very original on every song. Lyrically it wasnt as bad as people make it out to be, he just was a step down from before on the schemes and multi's and emcee type stuff. But he made up for that cause the album was 10 times more mature and the majority of the songs had alot of meaning...hence the lack of top notch emcee versatility that he displayed on mmlp. yeah he talked about the same shit but thats em...and at the time it wasnt as played out as it is now. if your complaining about the production i think your just nit picking cause even though he's not dre every beat fits the song flawlessy on that album. thats what i think about that album...my buddy likes it more then mmlp, im kind of inbetween, depends on what kinda mood im in. but to say its only average i just cant understand...if you like eminem(old em) i dont see how you could dislike this album

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2006, 11:58:31 AM »
On the front cover, who is the guy in the back with the bandana over his face, i could swear it looks like game.

It does look like Game.  Almost looks like it says "Compton" on his hat.

It's Cashis.
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2006, 02:55:43 PM »
& whoever said 50 sounds good sometimes & em's average u need ur rap fan pass revoked u dummy
whatīs wrong with that statement? 50 comes correct every now and then, not sayin heīs great or anything close to it but he drops some dope shit every now and then. and Em been coming with weak shit for several years now. and fuck outta here with your homo hip hop passes.

For several years now? What, one album. Judging Eminem based on Encore would be like judging Nas based on Nastradamus. Em could come back with more bullshit or he could come back like Nas did with Stillmatic and go right back to where he was with The Eminem Show (and if you think that album was "extremely average" then we need not discuss music anymore).

I'll judge this album after I hear it, not before.
Emīs been coming with weak shit for 3 years and in those 3 years heīs dropped maybe 3 songs thatīs been dope. and coming from a guy who had the potential to be one of the greatest thatīs sayin a lot. and Nas' "weaK" material is way better then Emīs weak material. as a matter of fact Nas so called weak shit still shits on most of the music that was released at that time and thatīs being released now. and the Eminem Show wasnīt extremely average but it was average. Emīs collabos and mixtape shit been weak for the last couple of years aswell and dudeīs ran outta creativity and he can only follow the same corny formula.

I wasn't comparing Nastradamus to Encore, I was comparing it to Nas and what Nas was capable of.

Anyone that calls Em Show average is not a music fan. They are hip hop only fans who have a hard time recognizing creativity when it isn't displayed in the manner they are used to see it in. Was it perfect? No, far from it, but it was a hell of a lot better than the vast majority of other rap albums. Now if we are judging on a universal scale and comparing it to albums like Dark Side of the Moon, Vs, Born To Run, Who's Next, Electric Ladyland, Songs in the Key of Life, The Black Album (Metallica's) or more recently Elephant, then I agree completely with you and deem it very average. But if we are comparing it to Get Rich or Die Trying, The Black Album (Jay Z's), Street Disciple, anything by the Diplomats, or Joe Budden, then to call it average is just not right.
yea iīm not a music fan ::) get the fuck outta here. and the only thing that was anywhere near great on TES was Emīs flow, his flow was perfected on that album but his lyrics were lacking. Emīs production on that album was weak and boring, he talked about the same ole' shit. now Streetīs Disciple was a good album but not great, but atleast Nas went outside the box and tried something very risky for an artist in his position and Em played it safe and predictable with TES. but yea, iīm not a music fan and your opinion is the only one that counts round here :laugh:

I didn't say straight out you weren't a music fan. Read the bold lettering. I will solidly claim that anyone that only listens to hip hop music is not a fan of music but just of hip hop. I have very little time for close minded people. But I left it very open when I mentioned all those other albums and said I would agree with you if that's what you meant. The Eminem Show is a Rock and Roll album and fans of only hip hop just won't get it. Sure it has it's share of Eminem staple crap like Without Me, Superman, Business etc, but the White Americas, Soldiers, Cleaning Out My Closets we're just out right good songs. Was anyone one song on the album as good as Stan or The Way I am? Maybe not, but as a whole it really stood up.

What was wrong with the production? It was fantastic. Perfectly clear, highlighted the moods he was going for, showcased his rapping. What do you want? Or are you like most rap fans and not know what production actually means, and are confusing it with composition? The production of a song is the song's polishing not the music's creation. When Dre made G Thang the production side of it was cutting the loop where he saw fit and mixing it with other aspects of the original music and placing the rap in at the right place. It had nothing to do with the melody because Dre is not a composer, at least not a good one. It was all Leon Haywood and friends.

Now if you think the composing of Em Show was terrible then I'll just have to respectfully disagree based on rap standards. At least it wasn't filled with blatant samples just looped over and over and  it showcased a unique sound on many fronts. I thought Square Dance, Soldier, Till I Collapse, and Say Goodbye To Hollywood were fine compositions. Do they stand up to Springsteen's Jungleland? Obviously not even close but there is more composition talent in Jungleland than in every Hip Hop song ever recorded combined. Remember it's just rap and the purpose of the music is to be in the background while the lyrics, worldplay, flow, and rhyme patterns should be at the forefront.

What was so outside the box about Street Disciple? Nas was pretending to be Jesus on God's Son. And he's ignorantly ranted about black society a number of times before. I don't see what made SD so unique other than it was a double CD. The lyrics? I want you to actually sit down read rap lyrics outloud and then do the same with actual poetry from the great poets. Now do the same with the great lyricists of the modern era. Tupac at his best can hold up alright but many others cannot. I started out a rap fan and leaned towards it for years shunning "rock" but years ago I realized that nothing, and I mean nothing by Nas, Jay, Biggie, or Mos, or Dre 3000 at their best came even close to Dylan at his best.

Read, just read with out the music or style to hide the crap and cover up the stupidity, the lyrics to It's Alright Ma

http://www.bobdylan.com/songs/itsalright.html

or My Back Pages

http://www.bobdylan.com/songs/backpages.html

Just reading them made me think they were amazing. Nas on Illmatic is very good, as a package Nas is amazing. The rhymes and the way it sounds while rapped are phenominal but when you strip it down and just read slowly you get very little from it.