Author Topic: How good is Nate's new album???  My review.....  (Read 127 times)

teecee

How good is Nate's new album???  My review.....
« on: December 03, 2001, 09:16:27 AM »
I am totally feeling this cd, even most of the guest spots!  I don't really like a couple songs though, and i think Dre gave Nate the most simplistic beat he's ever done.  That sucks, considering what Nate did for 2001 (classic shit on XXplosive and Next Episode).   Also, I think Keep it Gangsta is kinda wack, as is Can't Nobody.  
  My fav. songs off Nate's new one are
1. Music and ME (I think we can all relate to this song)
2. Another Short Story (Smooth, classic Nate Dogg)
3. BAckdoor
4. Concrete Streets
5. Ditty Dum Ditty Doo (My favourite hook off the album, although i can't stand Goldie Loc on here.  Oh, Snoops rips it on here)
6. I Pledge Allegiance (NAte sounds amazing on here, the beat is dope, and Pharoah rips it as always)

To me, Nate is best when his songs aren't saturated with guests.  I love all the solo songs on his new cd, as this is where i feel he is at his best.  I think Nate has dropped a great cd here, with a few lapses.  The cd has nice production, pretty good guest appearances, and Nate is dope as always.  Only if he had a few more deep songs (Ie. One More Day, Why, These Days, HArdest Man), and if Dre laced a better beat, and if Warren G laced a beat period.
   Oh well, at least Missy Elliot wasn't on here, as she was originally scheduled to be.  After some EXTENSIVE listening over the past 3 days, i gotta say this album is 4/5.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »