Author Topic: The Democrats won, so I guess that means the elections were fair.  (Read 501 times)

Smoke Break

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: The Democrats won, so I guess that means the elections were fair.
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2006, 10:57:14 AM »
You know you live in America when, neither party supports you but you still support them like a baseball team.

And no hate, but don't quote the Bible to support a political party, only to ignore where they are ignoring it as well. Dont murder, lie, steal, oh we'll go ahead and stop there before it's too late. There's a reason we were warned, don't put thy trust in princes, hmm who has the ear of the king nowadays? Republicans are the fakest christians out there.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 11:24:43 AM by Smoke Break »

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2006, 01:53:45 PM »
We should probably stand back and give Real Evil American Devil some time to cry.  This is a bad day for him.

BTW, the redneck cashier at the local hardware store was being an asshole today.  I guess they're all gonna be like that for a while.
I

I am not upset. When it comes to elections you win some and you lose some. Obviously the Iraq war hurt the Republicans chances across the country.

But you definitely aren't going to see the chilidsh claims of stolen elections and voter fraud that you saw from the Democrats. Republicans are too classy for that.

no. republicans know that theyre only digging their graves deeper if they start trying to pull rabbits out of hats. the difference is that in the democrats' situation a few years ago there was vote fraud. you know how the saying goes though, ignorance is bliss. go get em slugger.

Sikotic™

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2006, 02:55:08 PM »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2006, 10:05:05 AM »
Classic dubcc thread... 

Real American set it off, with a Rush Limbaugh style post; as Republicans are desperately trying to salvage any last shred of respectability. 

Ant is having his day right now, his stock at the forum has gone way up.

Even Ellsworth's charade comes off clean when his enemy is the Republicans.

I actually liked Trauma's post, it contained reach and insight into the idea that everything goes up and down in polotics, and nobody is on top forever.

...it's a beautiful day at the dubcc

My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2006, 10:12:10 AM »
Democratic party need to have a plan.  They to fully train them and recruit soldiers.  That's one goal.  You know... you can't win all the wars.  This war happens to be one of them.  I know we were never meant to win this war at all period.

Democrats aren't interested in having a "plan" anymore than Republicans are interested in preventing a civil war in Iraq. 

The Democrats would rather peer around the curtains at leave the Republicans at center stage; handing the burden of "action" to the Republicans and giving them the oppurtunity to ridicule their every move.  If you actually claim to have a "plan" then you have to back it up with "action" and polotics in this country is not about "action" but the illusion of action. 
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

Narrator

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2006, 02:51:39 PM »
Even Ellsworth's charade comes off clean when his enemy is the Republicans.

Not really.  Allah told me I gotta kill all the white devils, Republican or Democrat, liberal or conservative, Christian or Muslim or Jew, whatever.  The Democrats, too, will die in the coming revolution.  But their deaths won't be nearly as painful as those of the Republican devils, especially CWalker.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2006, 08:43:11 PM »
Is that going to be the new M.O. of the Democratic party??? When Democrats win, they simply got more votes......when Republicans win, they cheated?

Its funny how the Democrats never seem to have a problem with the legitimacy of an election when they are the winners. And it is also interesting that the Republicans didn't have to resort to the childish fraud accusations and conspiracy theories that the Dems resorted to back during the 2000 and 2004 elections. No Republican is saying that the voting lines were too long, that the ballots were too confusing, that Republicans were chased away from polls, etc. They can accept defeat graciously and move on. Unfortunately Democrats would rather cause as much chaos as possible and undermine the legitimacy of an election then accept defeat.

For what it's worth I feel the 1960 Election wasn't fair at all. I consider myself a Democrat (although I also consider myself a conservative. Hell, Nixon's my favourite President) and I have no problem admitting that the Dems screw people over for the vote just like the Reps do. The people with the money make it so.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2006, 11:28:20 PM »

For what it's worth I feel the 1960 Election wasn't fair at all. I consider myself a Democrat (although I also consider myself a conservative. Hell, Nixon's my favourite President) and I have no problem admitting that the Dems screw people over for the vote just like the Reps do. The people with the money make it so.

Why is Nixon your favorite president?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2006, 06:34:15 AM »

Why is Nixon your favorite president?

The public perception of him gets me to lean towards him because he gets viewed as some kind of ultra right wing war nut but if you look at the bills he passed and tried to pass he was also a liberal reformist, but he wasn't stupid about it. His welfare plans for the extremely poor would have lead to s bill being passed where you could actually put money towards investments rather than just throw it away like rent on ghetto houses and he had the first affirmative action plan to help qualified blacks get jobs they deserved, an not just a numbers game to help the stats. He also was a huge critic of the US Foreign Policies in the mid east and Africa. The thinks the vast majority of voting Americans are idiots.

Also here are some quotes that may make you like him;

"Jewish families are close, but there's this strange malignancy that seems to creep among them - radicalism."

"The Jews are irreligious, atheistic, immoral bunch of bastards."

Responding to Rev. Billy Graham's assertion that the Jews have a "stranglehold" on the media that "has to be broken or the country's going down the drain." Nixon: "I can't ever say that, but I believe it."

What about the rich Jews? The IRS is full of Jews, Bob."

These are mostly from the discvered tapes of conversations he had with his Chief of Staff.

Anyway, I guess he's my favourite because he just comes off as an asshole who thinks he is the only one that can fix the country and the people need to stay out of his way. The rest of the presidents I've studied all seem like they are trying to do it for the people when they aren't. With Nixon I just get the impresseion he was trying to do it for Nixon and htat he purposely did not try and hide that fact like all the others do. Keep in mind that saying he's my favourite President doesn't mean he's my favourite person.

I also have to mention how much I liked his "New American Revolution". Nixon didn't like the idea that Washington had so much control over the country. He wanted to shift a lot of the power to the States and communities. His revenue sharing plan would have given block grants to the Governors of each state so that they could be more hands on and in control of what to do with the state. A block grant is federal money handed out to each state. Nixon felt it was time to put the power back in the hands of the people close to the ground. The towns would decide what was appropriate for their town, not the president. The opposition to the idea was that the local governments are too corrupt but Nixon knew that Washington was at least as corrupt as any other government.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 07:20:51 AM by Shallow »

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2006, 09:26:18 AM »

The public perception of him gets me to lean towards him because he gets viewed as some kind of ultra right wing war nut but if you look at the bills he passed and tried to pass he was also a liberal reformist, but he wasn't stupid about it. His welfare plans for the extremely poor would have lead to s bill being passed where you could actually put money towards investments rather than just throw it away like rent on ghetto houses and he had the first affirmative action plan to help qualified blacks get jobs they deserved, an not just a numbers game to help the stats. He also was a huge critic of the US Foreign Policies in the mid east and Africa. The thinks the vast majority of voting Americans are idiots.

Also here are some quotes that may make you like him;

"Jewish families are close, but there's this strange malignancy that seems to creep among them - radicalism."

"The Jews are irreligious, atheistic, immoral bunch of bastards."

Responding to Rev. Billy Graham's assertion that the Jews have a "stranglehold" on the media that "has to be broken or the country's going down the drain." Nixon: "I can't ever say that, but I believe it."

What about the rich Jews? The IRS is full of Jews, Bob."

These are mostly from the discvered tapes of conversations he had with his Chief of Staff.

Anyway, I guess he's my favourite because he just comes off as an asshole who thinks he is the only one that can fix the country and the people need to stay out of his way. The rest of the presidents I've studied all seem like they are trying to do it for the people when they aren't. With Nixon I just get the impresseion he was trying to do it for Nixon and htat he purposely did not try and hide that fact like all the others do. Keep in mind that saying he's my favourite President doesn't mean he's my favourite person.

I also have to mention how much I liked his "New American Revolution". Nixon didn't like the idea that Washington had so much control over the country. He wanted to shift a lot of the power to the States and communities. His revenue sharing plan would have given block grants to the Governors of each state so that they could be more hands on and in control of what to do with the state. A block grant is federal money handed out to each state. Nixon felt it was time to put the power back in the hands of the people close to the ground. The towns would decide what was appropriate for their town, not the president. The opposition to the idea was that the local governments are too corrupt but Nixon knew that Washington was at least as corrupt as any other government.

Nice post.  You articulated your response well.  Still I think he was an ultra-conservative, bigoted, racist, war monger; but you brought up some good points in his defense.  I would be interested to hear more about what he said about the middle east and africa. 

btw, I know you did mention this, and it does fit your character at the forum, since I know you like to remain elusive; I think some of the reason why you like him is because everyone else hates him.  I think you follow the perspective that too much agreement kills a chat.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 09:56:02 AM by Hajj Abdul-Infinite...BANNED FOR SPEAKING TRUTH! »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2006, 04:38:59 PM »

Nice post.  You articulated your response well.  Still I think he was an ultra-conservative, bigoted, racist, war monger; but you brought up some good points in his defense.  I would be interested to hear more about what he said about the middle east and africa. 

btw, I know you did mention this, and it does fit your character at the forum, since I know you like to remain elusive; I think some of the reason why you like him is because everyone else hates him.  I think you follow the perspective that too much agreement kills a chat.

I think of myself as ultra Conservative. I don't think there is anything wrong with "conserving" your religious and moral values in society.

In '69 he supported the Rogers Plan which called for Israel to give back all the land taken after the 6 day War. It never stood a chance.

He really fell hard into alcohol and prescription drugs later on. Probably because of all the shit he had to put up with. I think he was once a generally good human being who was beaten down over the years in the world of politics. If me or you were put in a leadership position in a country like the US and wanted to fix it we'd each have to put up with a lot to stay in an influential position and by doing that we'd probably end up becoming "bigoted, racist, war mongers" too.

EDIT-

Also while I will agree that all the Nixon hate in the media certainly lead me to read up on him more, and do it sympathetically, I did genuinely agree with much of what he stood for. I am a two sides of the story type of person, but I am not a devil's advocate. I only show two sides of the story when I believe in a little bit of each side. If I'm arguing with someone that blames Israel for what Middle Easterns do to eachother I'll argue that it's no excuse for certain things that go on, and If I'm arguing with someone that blames Islam and it's teachings for what goes on there I'll argue that it's the oppression that creates the mindset. I'll do this because I believe in both sides and I choose to shine some light on the dark side of my peer's argument. Now if I was arguing with a guy that said "we shouldn't let known pedophiles teach children in the school system" then there is nothing I would see on the other side of that argument and would not argue. A devil's advocate would come up with some shit for the sake of arguing.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 05:28:14 AM by Shallow »