Author Topic: T.I. Teaming Up With Atlanta Hawks For An Appearance  (Read 58 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
T.I. Teaming Up With Atlanta Hawks For An Appearance
« on: November 10, 2006, 10:14:50 AM »
Grand Hustle/Atlantic recording artist T.I. is teaming up with the Atlanta Hawks for a hometown appearance. The ATL-based superstar has announced plans for a one-of-a-kind performance at the Philips Arena, set to immediately follow the Hawks' November 11th game against the Seattle Sonics. T.I. will be joined on stage by fellow Grand Hustle artists Young Dro and Big Kuntry, as well as other members of the extended Grand Hustle family and a number of special surprise guests.

The event - which will see the Hawks and Philips Arena offering special courtside and club area seating for selected VIPs - will precede an exclusive bash celebrating the launch of Grand Hustle's new entertainment and lifestyle magazine, Dapper. The private party will be hosted by T.I. and Diddy. The two will be joined by the entire Grand Hustle family and a number of players from the Atlanta Hawks. Dapper is set to debut on newsstands across the country this December.

The NBA event and party are just two highlights of what is sure to be a thrilling weekend for T.I. On Sunday, November 12th, the rapper will hit Atlanta's legendary Fox Theatre for the 2006 BET Hip-Hop Awards, where he will pair up with Young Dro, B.G., and Big Kuntry for what is sure to be an explosive performance of the remix of "Top Back." BET will air the festivities on Wednesday, November 15th at 8 pm (check local listings).

T.I. has received a stunning 8 nominations for the first annual honors, the most of any nominee. The categories include "Hip-Hop Video of the Year" and "Hip-Hop Track of the Year" for his #1 single, "What You Know"; "Hip-Hop CD of the Year" for his RIAA platinum-selling album, "KING"; "Best Collaboration" for his duet on Grand Hustle labelmate Young Dro's "Shoulder Lean"; as well as "Hip-Hop MVP of the Year," "Lyricist of the Year," "Best Live Performance," and the "Hip-Hop Hustler Award." In addition, "ATL," the film in which T.I. made his acclaimed acting debut earlier this year, picked up a nomination for "Best Hip-Hop Movie."

In other news, T.I. will join forces with Ashanti to film an all-new video for the upcoming Tupac single, "Pac's Life," at the Tupac Amaru Shakur Center for the Arts in Atlanta. The song is the first single from the upcoming Tupac album, also titled "PAC'S LIFE," set to be released November 21st on Amaru/Interscope.

Next on T.I.'s ever-busy schedule will be a series of eagerly awaited live appearances which will see the King of the South performing across America with his Grand Hustle cohort, Young Dro. The dates will hit a variety of major markets throughout November, including Chicago, Detroit, Memphis, and St. Louis.

In addition, T.I. and Dro recently taped a blazing live performance for an upcoming installment of It's Showtime at the Apollo. The set - due to air later this fall - features on-stage renditions of Dro's breakout hit singles, "Shoulder Lean" and "Rubberband Banks."
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com