Author Topic: Snoop_Dogg-Tha_Blue_Carpet_Treatment-2006  (Read 4189 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re: Snoop_Dogg-Tha_Blue_Carpet_Treatment-2006
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2006, 04:33:25 PM »
Weakest track for me is the LAX track and I wanna Fuck u didnt have to be on there

Lunatic

« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2006, 04:59:19 PM »
Weakest track for me is the LAX track and I wanna Fuck u didnt have to be on there

L.A.X. might be my fav track. That 1 and 10 lil crips are dope as hell. Imagine & Round Here are also sick tracks. A Bitch I Knew probably rounds out the top 5 for me not including the 2 known singles so far (for now at least). Like This, Don't Stop, Beat On Yo Pads, Which 1 Of You are fillers.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 05:25:46 PM by Lunatic 63 »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2006, 05:21:03 PM »
Oh and Redman would Fit "Wich One of U" perfectly

J Bananas

« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2006, 05:23:12 PM »
i like boss life, good reworking of that busta extinction album intro

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2006, 05:41:09 PM »
Which song is the Song where hes supposedly busting? Because his son told him he dont bust like Cassidy?
and can someone PM ME

The Best of 3 Worlds

Narrator

« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2006, 06:02:39 PM »
Am I the only one who's disappointed?

No, seriously, I can't even remember the last time I been this disappointed...shit, even "R&G" didn't disappoint me this much.  "Tha Doggfather" didn't even disappoint me this much..."Da Game Is To Be Sold..." disappointed me, but I had expected it to suck cause it was No Limit.  This album on the other hand...all the promise of something great, the reunion with Dre, and what it turns out to be is just, well, average.  I already listened to this album twice, and I don't see it growing on me a whole lot more.

Filler is definitely a big issue with this album - the record has filler levels that nobody except Dipset can match.  There are at least 8 tracks I really don't like (like Detox Is Not Coming said, many of the tracks with has-been rappers really drag down the quality), and several that should have been better than they are ("LAX" especially, and "Crazy").  The Dre tracks are pretty good but FAR from being as good as anything from "No Limit Top Dogg", "2001", or "Tha Last Meal" (although "Imagine" is some next shit).  "Vato" still grows on me, "That's That Shit" may be crossover but it's still better than most of the album.  And the whole thing about him going back to his roots by glorifying Crippin' is just a bullshit-ass marketing gimmick...it's the same shit he's already been doing since the Eastsidaz albums.  "Gang Bangin 101" turned out OK, IMO (mostly cause Snoop and Game come pretty hard on it), but songs like "10 Lil Crips" and "Beat Up On Yo Pads" shoulda been left off.

So yeah, as y'all can tell, I'm pretty disappointed.  Songs like "Vato" and "Imagine" keep the quality up a bit, but the album as a whole just really doesn't work for me...I can't see most of the tracks getting much rotation, and there's definitely not anything particularly memorable here (say what you want about "Drop It Like It's Hot", but that shit WAS memorable and catchy).  I have a sinking feeling that Snoop's gonna fall big time with this one.  He may have listened to all y'all whinny muh'fuckas complaining about how he sold out, but it didn't improve the quality of his music, and he ain't gonna score any big hits.  Maybe being a lil more pop wasn't such a good thing for him, but going the opposite direction entirely (even as a gimmick) doesn't work, either.  The only thing that makes me feel better is that Game's album is great (I definitely like it more than this), and Hov's album (which I also heard today) is REALLY damn ill.

BTW, is it just me or has Goldie Loc fallen WAY the fuck off?  He sounds like he's on some wannabe Keak Da Sneak shit on both of the songs he appears on...even Eiht sounded better than him.

DonCorleone187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2006, 06:13:37 PM »
Beat Up Yo Pads is dope but shouldn't it be on the madden soundtrack or something?

WestCoasta

« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2006, 06:24:06 PM »
I'm downloading now, this better be good.... I haven't heard anything but singles either

da flayboyant 2

« Reply #98 on: November 11, 2006, 06:24:45 PM »
Imagine is some classic shit. Best Snoop/Dre collabo since Death Row.

haven't heard it yet, but I doubt it can top "The Wash"     :whistle:
it doesnt. it doesnt top any of their collabs

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #99 on: November 11, 2006, 06:40:17 PM »
Oh and another bad thing about the album is the Mixing, i dont know something is wrong .tracks are good but the mixing is a bit weird...but still a good record

rik

« Reply #100 on: November 11, 2006, 06:49:15 PM »
Talk About It is the shit..

Oh and Round Here is HOT... the Stan sample fits snoop... is it me or did snoop take hook lessons from 50 on round here? sounds like something 50 would write and sing.

Haha...that's what I was thinking. It sounded a lot like a 50 hook.

The Watcher

« Reply #101 on: November 11, 2006, 07:11:21 PM »
Imagine is my joint right now
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

WestCoasta

« Reply #102 on: November 11, 2006, 07:14:07 PM »
Battlecat laced a nice beat for the Intro...  :pimp:

I'm gonna burn it to a cd tonight before I listen further right now....

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #103 on: November 11, 2006, 08:33:41 PM »
"Get A Light", "Imagine", "LAX", "Think About It", "Boss' Life", "Round Here", "10 Lil' Crips", ...fuck it, the whole album is FIRE...I haven't talked about a Snoop album like this since Last Meal (I like all of Snoop's albums but Doggystyle, Doggfather, Tha Last Meal, & TBCT I can listen to the whole way through & are all 5 mics worthy)... 8)

Marc D

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2006, 09:13:26 PM »
Could someone please tell me how I can get this????????????????