Poll

Tha Blue Carpet Treatment VS Doctors Advocate...who wins?

The Game-Doctors Advocate
65 (53.7%)
Snoop Dogg-Tha Blue Carpet Treatment
41 (33.9%)
Its A Tie (Both)
15 (12.4%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Author Topic: Doctors Advocate VS Tha Blue Carpet Treatment  (Read 2194 times)

thuglord

• 'G'
  • If I die press play and I will be resurrected...
Re: Doctors Advocate VS Tha Blue Carpet Treatment
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2006, 06:30:44 PM »
I'm giving it to Game on the strength that while there are some really good songs on TBCT, there's one too many filler tracks as well. I can listen to Game's from start to finish and not fast forward. It's a stronger album.

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2006, 07:17:07 PM »
this is REALLY tough because i think snoop's best tracks are better than game's best tracks.  still, i think DA is overall a much more solid listen.  snoop's flow is on point throughout the entire album and some of those songs are nuts (i love conversations), but i just like game's more.  they're both really impressive albums by today's standards though.

oh yeah they both shit on jay, unfortunately.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2006, 07:47:52 PM »
I'll sum it up like this -- Game made an album for the westcoast to feel...Snoop made an album for the whole world to feel.

It's like "listening" to a really good pee-wee football game, and then "listening" to an NFL game...we're talking about two different leagues here.

Snoop takes this easily.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

da flayboyant 2

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2006, 07:49:47 PM »
I'll sum it up like this -- Game made an album for the westcoast to feel...Snoop made an album for the whole world to feel.

It's like "listening" to a really good pee-wee football game, and then "listening" to an NFL game...we're talking about two different leagues here.

Snoop takes this easily.
i hate west coast rap. i liked games album. snoops just plain sucked.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2006, 08:23:34 PM »
Hmmmm.....still haven't heard Snoop's enough times to really judge it like that, but I'd say....

Flow: Snoop by some
Presence on tracks: Equal...Game's strong voice commands songs, and Snoop's laid backness and comedic style can carry songs and transitions through songs
Beats: Equal.....too different to compare. Snoop's production is a bit more diverse, but does have some complete throwaways. Game's is more solid, but most of it has that similar vibe to it.
Singles: Snoop by some, just depends on taste. It's nothing on Game's album that'll rock a club like "Candy" or "I wanna fuck you"
Content and Lyrics: Snoop by a lot...surprisingly to some people I'm sure
Consistency: Game, since he doesn't have but 1-2 tracks that most people could really call "filler", and some people may even like those
Appeal outside of the West: Game by a lot....Snoop's album is made more for West Coast fans, which is great for us, but makes it harder to push to the nation.
Appeal inside the West: Tie.....Game's sound is a mixture of the early 90's, "Pre-Chronic G-Funk" sound, and the modern day Aftermath style....while Snoop's sounds like the straight 2000's DPG style, with a lil Dre, and a lil of everything else.

I think it really depends on my mood though...I like the vibe to Snoop's better because it's more upbeat and more comedic. But Game's album seems to be a bit stronger to me, overall...especially since no one expected it to be.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2006, 08:25:26 PM »

Snoop takes this easily.

I definitely think it's the opposite.....Game's whole style and music is more appealing to the rest of the country than Snoop's is...and Snoop made this album to cater to the West Coast, which is something he didn't do on his last album. Game's first album was made for the world to feel, and his new one definitely has much more of a West Coast feel to it....but Snoop's still has much more of a West Coast sound overall.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2006, 08:35:55 PM »
I'll sum it up like this -- Game made an album for the westcoast to feel...Snoop made an album he felt.

*Fixed*

Snoop takes this easily.

Wow, I have seen some Snoop groupies express their love for anything Snoop related since I've been posting on this board, but this is definately up there in absurdness, because "Doctor's Advocate" is MUCH more solid and polished effort, MUCH better production, and more importantly, it shows that a newer west artist can actually stand on his own two feet and make a decent album.

This is probably Snoop's best effort in years, but this album is horrifically inconsistant.  Tracks 1-5, then it goes into that Shitfest known as "Candy", then tracks 7-10 are good, "10 Lil' Crips" is filler, IMO "A Bitch I knew" is boring and played out filler material, track 14 with Western Union is hot, then 15-19 is more filler material, then tracks 19-21 are good.  Take away all the filler tracks, then add on a couple tracks (such as "My Peoples" and "Do what it do" w/La Zuu) and all of a sudden, you have an album that would not only be hot musically, but could actually be a better album than "The Doctor's Advocate" and be a candidate for rap album of the year.  Take a look at this tracklisting of TBCT that I put together, taking away the filler and adding the other tracks...definately sounds better than TBCT you'll find in stores.

1. Snoop Dogg - Intrology (Feat. George Clinton) (1:59)
2. Snoop Dogg - Think About It (3:37)
3. Snoop Dogg - Crazy (Feat. Nate Dogg) (4:26)
4. Snoop Dogg - Vato (Feat. B-Real) (4:44)
5. Snoop Dogg - That's That (Feat. R. Kelly) (4:17)
6. Snoop Dogg - Get A Light (Feat. Damian Marley) (3:41)
7. Snoop Dogg - Gangbangin' 101 (Feat. The Game) (4:02)
8. Snoop Dogg - Boss' Life (Feat. Akon) (3:22)
9. Snoop Dogg - LAX (Feat. Ice Cube) (3:21)
10. Snoop Dogg - Round Here (3:42)
11. Snoop Dogg - Like This (Feat. Western Union, LaToiya Williams & Raul Midon) (3:56)
12. Snoop Dogg - Don't Stop (Feat. The Warzone & Kurupt) (3:22)
13. Snoop Dogg - Imagine (Feat. Dr. Dre & D'Angelo) (4:42)
14. Snoop Dogg - Conversations (Feat. Stevie Wonder) (3:38)
15. Snoop Dogg - What It Do (Feat. LA Zuu) (4:07)
16. Snoop Dogg - My Peoples (5:41)

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2006, 08:43:02 PM »

Snoop takes this easily.

I definitely think it's the opposite.....Game's whole style and music is more appealing to the rest of the country than Snoop's is...and Snoop made this album to cater to the West Coast, which is something he didn't do on his last album. Game's first album was made for the world to feel, and his new one definitely has much more of a West Coast feel to it....but Snoop's still has much more of a West Coast sound overall.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.  I just don't see how you think Snoop's album has more of a local feel than Game's.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Avalanche

« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2006, 08:46:54 PM »
i really like both alot, for different reasons. although, i think Imagine could possibly be the hip-hop track of the year. it's a song that feels like it has so much emotion in it that it adds to the overall track. i love it.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2006, 08:47:12 PM »

IMO "A Bitch I knew" is boring and played out filler material

::) How could you say this when Game's album is filled with contrived attempts to make songs like this one?  You are contradicting yourself.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 08:49:06 PM by Blue Ragg »

Quadruple OG

« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2006, 08:50:52 PM »

::) How could you say this when Game's album is filled with contrived attempts to make songs like this one?  You are contradicting yourself.

How am I contradicting myself?  the production is tight, but this song is the definition of boring lyrically.  this shit sounds like it was ripped off out of the Too Short catalogue.  His lyrics bring nothing to the table and pretty much, we've heard the content 1000x.  Like I said, this is pretty much a cheap imitation of a Too Short song
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 08:53:06 PM by "The Mongoose" Billy Joe Cuthbert »

Jome

« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2006, 09:35:05 PM »
This is probably Snoop's best effort in years, but this album is horrifically inconsistant.  Tracks 1-5, then it goes into that Shitfest known as "Candy", then tracks 7-10 are good, "10 Lil' Crips" is filler, IMO "A Bitch I knew" is boring and played out filler material, track 14 with Western Union is hot, then 15-19 is more filler material, then tracks 19-21 are good.  Take away all the filler tracks, then add on a couple tracks (such as "My Peoples" and "Do what it do" w/La Zuu) and all of a sudden, you have an album that would not only be hot musically, but could actually be a better album than "The Doctor's Advocate" and be a candidate for rap album of the year.  Take a look at this tracklisting of TBCT that I put together, taking away the filler and adding the other tracks...definately sounds better than TBCT you'll find in stores.

1. Snoop Dogg - Intrology (Feat. George Clinton) (1:59)
2. Snoop Dogg - Think About It (3:37)
3. Snoop Dogg - Crazy (Feat. Nate Dogg) (4:26)
4. Snoop Dogg - Vato (Feat. B-Real) (4:44)
5. Snoop Dogg - That's That (Feat. R. Kelly) (4:17)
6. Snoop Dogg - Get A Light (Feat. Damian Marley) (3:41)
7. Snoop Dogg - Gangbangin' 101 (Feat. The Game) (4:02)
8. Snoop Dogg - Boss' Life (Feat. Akon) (3:22)
9. Snoop Dogg - LAX (Feat. Ice Cube) (3:21)
10. Snoop Dogg - Round Here (3:42)
11. Snoop Dogg - Like This (Feat. Western Union, LaToiya Williams & Raul Midon) (3:56)
12. Snoop Dogg - Don't Stop (Feat. The Warzone & Kurupt) (3:22)
13. Snoop Dogg - Imagine (Feat. Dr. Dre & D'Angelo) (4:42)
14. Snoop Dogg - Conversations (Feat. Stevie Wonder) (3:38)
15. Snoop Dogg - What It Do (Feat. LA Zuu) (4:07)
16. Snoop Dogg - My Peoples (5:41)

Word son.

Except I don't like 11 or 12.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2006, 01:37:40 AM »
Game's Album is waaaaaaay better....Snoop is never going to be the rapper he was with deathrow and no Limit

"You old niggas is wash'd up like N.O."  :D

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2006, 03:10:46 AM »

How am I contradicting myself?  the production is tight, but this song is the definition of boring lyrically.  this shit sounds like it was ripped off out of the Too Short catalogue.  His lyrics bring nothing to the table and pretty much, we've heard the content 1000x.  Like I said, this is pretty much a cheap imitation of a Too Short song

A Bitch I Knew is dope as fuck. I guess you probably dont like California Vacation and Compton of Games album either.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2006, 07:00:06 AM »

A Bitch I Knew is dope as fuck. I guess you probably dont like California Vacation and Compton of Games album either.

"California Vacation" and "Compton" are both hot and have nothing to do with "A bitch I knew"....I'm still waiting on someone to defend the song without comparing it to other material to TRY to make it sound like it's a decent song lyric wise