Poll

Tha Blue Carpet Treatment VS Doctors Advocate...who wins?

The Game-Doctors Advocate
65 (53.7%)
Snoop Dogg-Tha Blue Carpet Treatment
41 (33.9%)
Its A Tie (Both)
15 (12.4%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Author Topic: Doctors Advocate VS Tha Blue Carpet Treatment  (Read 2190 times)

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Doctors Advocate VS Tha Blue Carpet Treatment
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2006, 07:36:32 AM »

A Bitch I Knew is dope as fuck. I guess you probably dont like California Vacation and Compton of Games album either.

"California Vacation" and "Compton" are both hot and have nothing to do with "A bitch I knew"....I'm still waiting on someone to defend the song without comparing it to other material to TRY to make it sound like it's a decent song lyric wise

The reason i compared it to Compton and Cali vacation is because you said its a cheap imitation of Too Short and its nothing new. And you think cali vacation and compton are original/new/fresh? You dont think the g-funk sound is played out for about 10 years now? Im not saying A bitch i knew is lyrical wise a special song, but if you say its nothing new, you could say the same thing for Game's album. If you look at Snoops last album, its a whole lot different now. You cant say the same for Game's album. It has the same concept as his first album. I got nothing against Game, but its not like Game is bringing so much news to the table.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2006, 08:54:05 AM »

The reason i compared it to Compton and Cali vacation is because you said its a cheap imitation of Too Short and its nothing new. And you think cali vacation and compton are original/new/fresh? You dont think the g-funk sound is played out for about 10 years now? Im not saying A bitch i knew is lyrical wise a special song, but if you say its nothing new, you could say the same thing for Game's album. If you look at Snoops last album, its a whole lot different now. You cant say the same for Game's album. It has the same concept as his first album. I got nothing against Game, but its not like Game is bringing so much news to the table.

Here's the difference between the two, because the sound of Snoop's album is different than Game's:  Snoop has a few more albums under his belt and is already established, so he has room to experiment (which explains the inconsistancy of his album).  Game is dropping his sophmore album, which is really his freshman album part 2 because he has to prove to the world that he can drop a solo album without Dre/50's help.  For him to sell, he's got to have an established fan base and this record is a solid record all the way through, with only one track that is truely a filler track ("Scream on em"). 

I never said that either track as original, new, or fresh.  G-Funk sound is played out, however everyone sounded more inspired on "California Vacation" than on other tracks in which the people have collabo'd on, and "Compton" is more of a throwback to the NWA sound rather than the G-Funk sound.  Flat out, both tracks are better songs than "A bitch I knew" IMO.

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2006, 10:22:03 AM »

Here's the difference between the two, because the sound of Snoop's album is different than Game's:  Snoop has a few more albums under his belt and is already established, so he has room to experiment (which explains the inconsistancy of his album).  Game is dropping his sophmore album, which is really his freshman album part 2 because he has to prove to the world that he can drop a solo album without Dre/50's help.  For him to sell, he's got to have an established fan base and this record is a solid record all the way through, with only one track that is truely a filler track ("Scream on em"). 

I never said that either track as original, new, or fresh.  G-Funk sound is played out, however everyone sounded more inspired on "California Vacation" than on other tracks in which the people have collabo'd on, and "Compton" is more of a throwback to the NWA sound rather than the G-Funk sound.  Flat out, both tracks are better songs than "A bitch I knew" IMO.

Well its all a matter of taste. We can continu this discusion forever, but its useless. Im not gonna convince you and your not gonna convince me. A Bitch I Knew is dope imo.

GerianoTheGreat

« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2006, 12:10:47 PM »
in my opinion game made an album for teenagers and snoop made an album for people in their twenties and above.

game's album got an overall westcoast softer pop sound (jr and storch) and lyrically its interestin since its somekind of reallife soap of his life as an artist 'rapstar' and admitted wannabe.

snoops album is harder to get into. it contains two sides. the first is from track 1 to 13 and then there is some kind of church to palace mixtape in which other artists and experimental music is promoted. it ends classy with the deeper standout tracks imagine and talk with god.

snoops overall production is by far not as accessable and sunny as games but it has more potential hitrecords on it.

the only real big hit i can imagine on games album is too much (maybe also the kanye track will be appealin if vida guerra in the video) which is experimental and in forefront of todays musical wave.

snoops obvious hits thats that shit, boss life and imagine. dre really did his thing. imagine snoops album without the dre beats. that shit would be garbage. Dre has made this album really big. Probably going multi platinum if they release boss life as follow up single. that song will appeal to everybody. quality gangsterpop.

if i balance both albums i have to pick snoops. snoops is more mature better flow and it contains the absolute banger bitch i knew. this track is probably the dopest gangster record i have heard in years. it is kind of similar beat to a song in his old deathrow days from the unreleased album after godfather but its so much bigger. games album is suprisingly good, his personality grew, his flow has really improved but its missin the hits. still it will do platinum big; too much suburbteenagers wannabe bloods these days.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2006, 12:36:58 PM »
Snoop easily.
more tracks that stands out.
I've been listening to Game's all weekend, and i can only find 3 tracks which stands out. Doc's Advocate, Ol' English and Cali Vacation. Maybe that Kanye track too. the last track is too long and it almost ruins the whole track.
Now I'm on my 3rd listen thru Snoop's and i like almost every song. He could probably shortened the tracklist. Imagine is crazy

kemizt

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2006, 01:40:06 PM »
DA for sure, anyone saying DA lacks "direction" need to re-think that statement after hearing TBCT.

DA = 4.5/5
TBCT = 3.5/5

Both dope albums tho, I'm gonna cop all the Westcoast releases this month (Pac, Game & Snoop)

lol if u cop pac, u don't support west coast, you support just the fuckin record companies...

To topic:
I listened to Game 1 time, I really don't like him as a person, shit-talking, loud at the mouth and such things, I hate that, but I gave it a listen, just to check out a high anticipated westcoast album. It has cool songs on it, good production. Then I have to say, Snoop was always my favourite, I listened to TBCT and shit, I was so damn surprised. At first when it came to the talk about the new album one year ago, I wasn't really excited because R&G was fucking weak. Then came the first songs, Real Talk, Vato, My Peoples and so on and that hyped me, especially the Real Talk Video. But then I heard about two Akon features and shit like and I thought he just told us a bunch of shit. When I listened to it, I felt like "wow, so much energy and emotion in it". that album is way more personal and it has a clear thread. It's a westcoast sounding album and guesta appearences like Jamie Foxx, R. Kelly or Akon didn't disappoint me. Just to say that I think we got the weakest Battlecat beat of this year on it, L.A.X. ain't that good that I expected. "I Wanna Fuck You" should have been left. Gangbangin 101 is also a weak beat, the rest of the album is tight, no fillers or unlistenable tracks. But I think MC Eiht ain't that good on "Don' Stop". All in all, very dope album, I think my soundtrack of the year. It kicked KoKane's "Pain Killer'z" off the throne ^^
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2006, 01:53:00 PM »
Take away all the filler tracks, then add on a couple tracks (such as "My Peoples" and "Do what it do" w/La Zuu)

LOL, how can you like "Do What It Do" and dislike "Candy"? both Hyphy and "Candy" is way better than the other. Like I said a few times, MC Eiht on this Hyphy track is CLASSIC shit! One of my favourite song on TBCT. Game's album isn't produced better. I think it's just different flavour...
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Quadruple OG

« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2006, 05:22:45 PM »
Take away all the filler tracks, then add on a couple tracks (such as "My Peoples" and "Do what it do" w/La Zuu)

LOL, how can you like "Do What It Do" and dislike "Candy"? both Hyphy and "Candy" is way better than the other. Like I said a few times, MC Eiht on this Hyphy track is CLASSIC shit! One of my favourite song on TBCT. Game's album isn't produced better. I think it's just different flavour...

if that MC Eiht verse is "classic", he should have retired before he ever started rapping. 

The lineup sounds crazy on paper, but when you hear a subpar Rick Rock beat with subpar lyrics, leaves more to be desired.  The beat to "Do what it do" is hot, and the La Zuu comes through with hot verses, especialy with Threat, who should have deserved his spotlight a while ago.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2006, 08:21:16 PM »

A Bitch I Knew is dope as fuck. I guess you probably dont like California Vacation and Compton of Games album either.

"California Vacation" and "Compton" are both hot and have nothing to do with "A bitch I knew"....I'm still waiting on someone to defend the song without comparing it to other material to TRY to make it sound like it's a decent song lyric wise

Thank you.  Finally somebody listens to reason and make logical sense.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2006, 08:28:57 PM »

Dog, you're admitting right here that Game made a conventional album, while Snoop was more experimental, more artistically creative.  Read that sentence again and think about which album is better afterwards.  Conventional and contrived vs. artistically driven and ambitious.  I shouldn't have to spell this out for you...and for these reasons, that is why I said you're contradicting yourself.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 08:47:11 PM by Blue Ragg »
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2006, 08:31:05 PM »
in my opinion game made an album for teenagers and snoop made an album for people in their twenties and above.

Which goes hand in hand with why I said that Game's album is like good pee-wee football while Snoop's is like the NFL.

papa-smurf

« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2006, 08:32:02 PM »
Snoop dogg album sound way better and well put togther then the game albu,snoop beats and everything is on more point then games album,snoop got the better album by far hands down

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2006, 08:35:30 PM »
By the way, fillers on Game's album include -- Bang, Around the World, and Da Shit...in addition to the Swizz Beatz.

Besides, Snoop's had way more songs than Game.  Condense Snoop's to 16 tracks and make an apples to apples comparison, why don't ya?

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2006, 01:14:28 AM »
Lyrics - Snoop

beats - Game

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2006, 04:22:55 PM »
Both are really really good, this is hard, but Snoop shines like his old days on some of TBCT tracks... so, gotta go with Snoop