Author Topic: Michael Jackson's "Screw sony" Speech  (Read 186 times)

Trauma-san

Michael Jackson's "Screw sony" Speech
« on: June 18, 2002, 06:26:22 PM »
Here's the transcript of what Michael Jackson said at his party saturday, some fan club had a bunch of people performing his songs, he watched for a couple hours, then got on stage and said this... Tell me what you think about his sony claim, it is kind of funny that they didn't promote his album, there's foreign record stores saying Sony won't let them reorder and stock the shelves, disc jockeys saying sony told them not to play the album anymore, his website hasn't been updated by them in a year, it sold double plat in less than a month and they don't even film another video? I mean, something's wrong somewhere.  He owns half of their publishing company, because he traded them half his beatles songs, so the story goes that they want him to be damaged goods, since he's leaving them (like they did to Mariah Carey).  At least that's his story.  The whole speech's kinda shocking, and the whole weekend he was flipping off camera men, moonwalking in the hallways of parliament and all that crap, he's in a really strange mood for some reason... people were rumouring that he was trying to leave sony, and here's what he had to say:

-----------------------------------------------------------

"I wanna thank all the great,incredible talents.....As long as you play the music i wanna dance! (Audience screaming) Dont't do that, don't do that....I wanna thank this guy for a wonderful performance. I thought bryton McClure was amazing,too. He's a great singer as well, i mean....Bryton!...

Anyway, i first wanted to say...I don't like to talk that much.I prefer to perform....

you know....let me just say this...the tradition..the tradition of great performers....from, and i really want you to know what i say....the tradition of great performers, from sammy Davis JR, james brown,to jackie wilson, to fred astaire, gene kelly...The story is usually the same though, you know,these guys worked really hard, and they're crabbed, for the story ends the same, they usually are broken, torn and usually just sad...because the companies take advantages of them, they really do.

And, well son...sony, being the...you know, being the artist that i am, I've generated several billion dollars for sony, several billon. They really thought that my mind is always on the music and dancing-it usually is, but they never thought that this performr myself would out think them.

So...we can't let them get away with what they're trying to do, because now im a free agent.I just owe sony one more album, it's just a box set, really, with two new songs which ive written ages ago.
Because for every album thet i record, i write like, literally,I'm telling you the truth, i write....I write at least 120 songs every album i do. i can do the box set, just giving them any two songs.

So i'll be leaving sony, a free agent....owning half of sony, i own half of sony's publishing....And i'm leaving them, and they...they're very angry at me, because i, i just...i just did good buissness, you know.

So the way they get revenge is to try and destroy my album. But ive always said, you know....art, good art, never dies.(applause) Thank you.

And tommy mattola is a devil....I'm not supposed to say right now, but i have let you know this. Please don't really um, tape what i am going to say, Okay?....Do it, do it,I don't mind. tape it.

Mariah carrey, after the divorce of Tommy, came to me crying, crying.....Crying, she was crying so badly i had to hold her. She said to me that this is an evil man, and michael, this man is following me, she said. He taps her phones, and he's very, very evil, she dosen't trust him.

We have to continue or drive until he is terminated. We can't allow him to do this to Great artists.

I just wanted to let you know, I appreciate everything you've done, you've been amazing you're so loyal, everybody, all the people here, i love you all....but still, but still, I promise you, the best is yet to come!" - Michael Jackson
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Trauma-san

Re: Michael Jackson's "Screw sony" Speech
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2002, 06:28:29 PM »
Fans have been boycotting sony records all over the world, and so today sony released this statement:

"Over the years Sony Music has gone to great lenghts to create and maintain a worldwide audience for Michael Jackson's music. In introducing Michael's most recent release, Invincible, to the global marketplace Sony Music created and executed a series of world-class marketing, promotion and publicity campaigns fully befitting Michael's status as a global superstar."

"We are extremely proud of all that we have accomplished on Michael Jackson's behalf and remain dedicated to further expanding the reach of Michael's music. We join his fans in celebrating the many achievements of this singular artist."

They also, last week released a statement saying that Michael doesn't owe them 200 Million dollars, like was widely stated in the press the weeks prior.  That was after Michael said in a statement that he thought Sony telling the press he owed them 200 million was incredibly immature.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2002, 06:30:12 PM »
Here's a picture of all the freaks out in front of a record store boycotting sony.  They're crazy, man, they're doing this all over europe.

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2002, 06:37:23 PM »
yaaaaa,i saw his speech on tv tday  ;D

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

BossPlaya

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Much Luv2 lil Villian N NINO Tha Mack OCSA 4 LIFE
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2002, 07:13:17 PM »
:. link=board=anything;num=1024460783;start=0#3 date=06/18/02 at 23:37:23]yaaaaa,i saw his speech on tv tday  ;D

-{bLaDe}

yeah me 2 but not all of it

"i putz it down homie for tha BIG S.A 714 till i hit my grave O.C muthafucka till i reach tha top n even then foo i  just wont stop with my gangsta flows or my  gangsta mentality straight takin out all u muthafuckin WANNABES who pussied out cuz in tha city of Santa Ana we aint no nagels puro crazy pimps crazy gangb

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2002, 09:04:01 PM »
Sony blows.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2002, 09:08:31 PM »

Fuck Sony raw with no Vasaline....
Fuck them for not seeing the greatest of all time...

Mj.

Peace
Hatesrats 2oo2

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2002, 10:42:43 PM »
Thar's what you get when your mess with one of the greatest performers ever.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

bez

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2002, 05:24:20 AM »
yer fuck em

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2002, 07:58:20 AM »
He did do it pretty smart...

In 1985 or so, Paul McCartney told him the only way to make money, was to buy other people's song's publishing rights, because Paul had a company that did that.  That's where all his money came from.

Same year, the beatles catalouge that paul and John had sold in 1971 to liquidate Apple Records came up for sale, Paul bid 20 million or so for the songs, Mike bid 25 million, and won them.  So he bought every beatles song (well, almost every) for 25 million dollars.  So, from that day forth, Paul got one forth the performance royalties, mike got all of the publishing royalties for writing the songs, even though he didn't write them. (the other performance royalties went to george, yoko, and ringo).

So, then Mike waits about 14 years, and sony wants them beatles tracks, BAD, for their Sony Publishing company.  Mike owns ATV publishing, Paul owns MLP Publishing (McCartney, Linda, Paul).  Paul's publishing company is the biggest in the world, he owns thousands of songs.

So, Sony offers Mike, HALF of their Publishing company, he retains half of each of his songs, and gets half of each of their songs.  They also give him 90 million dollars to boot, this is in about 1996.  That's the only way he'll give them his half of the beatles songs...

So, today, he owns half of sony's songs (their publishing company)... plus, he owns all his own masters, because he paid for all the albums himself, LOL.  He's a genius.  If he leaves their company, they still have to cut him a check for half of the royalties they make from their publishing company.

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2002, 12:22:57 PM »
damn MJ deserved more promotion form sony and all, i mean c'mon its MICHAEL JACKSON, one of the best performers/music artists EVER
now that hes gonna be off,
a lotta companies will want him and actually promote his stuff a lot more because of the status of who he is

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2002, 12:33:30 PM »
Man, he oughta be featuring all over sony's other albums, too.  Like he's on that new monica song, why couldn't they have put him on all the new stuff from sony guys? I would, I'd pimp the hell out of him.

infinite59

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2002, 08:12:02 PM »
Interesting ish man..... yo... Trauma, here's what I don't get, maybe I'll ask you in your question thread, okay......

Let's take the song "My Name Is".  Just for an example.  Okay, say Aftermath/Interscope, was nice enough to give Eminem all the publishing for that song, because they thought it would be big for a few months and it was.  And then 30 years later, it ends up getting played 24/7 on Oldies stations across the nation.  Then the record label is gonna be getting fucked for selling Eminem the publishing.

Like think of all those Elvis and Beatles songs on oldies stations.  How could a record label possibly pay royalties for those songs when they have been getting 100's of spins a day for decades!!!!!!!!!!!  They would go broke, right? WTF?

ROCCY

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2002, 08:56:00 PM »
Thar's what you get when your mess with one of the greatest performers ever.

Werd,