Author Topic: Ice Cube Live in Concert @ Paradiso (Amsterdam) 9/11/06  (Read 92 times)

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Ice Cube Live in Concert @ Paradiso (Amsterdam) 9/11/06
« on: November 14, 2006, 09:25:05 AM »
Last Thursday West Coast hip hop legend and movie star O'shea Jackson (better known to the world as Ice Cube) gave a solid performance @ Paradiso (Amsterdam, Holland).

The place was packed and weed smoke filled the air as fans were waiting for the West Coast veteran to appear, all the while a mix CD with some of the best hip hop songs the Left Coast has produced could be heard playing from the system's sound speakers. People already knew this was gonna be a gangsta party for sure...

From the moment Mr. AmeriKKKaz Most Wanted finally appeared the crowd went into a frenzy and it immediately became apparent he was gonna rock the house West Coast style. Dressed in all black and rocking an iced out Lench Mob chain and with DJ Crazy Toons on the wheels of steel and WC serving as the backup MC, Cube went through the 1 1/2 hour set like a raging Predator performing songs from his previous albums as well as his latest Laugh Now Cry Later. It was refreshing to see and hear Cube doing his verses from old NWA classics such as Straight Outta Compton and Fuck Tha Police, he also did his part from Natural Born Killaz and he really tore the roof off when it was time to get Wicked. Other songs that blared through the speakers were Steady Mobbin, Why We Thugs, Gangstas Make The World Go Round, Bow Down, Gangsta Gangsta, Jackin' 4 Beats, We Be Clubbin' and he even let Dub perform The Streets.

Fans of all ages were treated to a rendition of the golden age of West Coast gangsta rap, everybody joined Cube and WC as they frequently put four fingers in the air with two of them twisted in the middle... The Ghetto Heisman also briefly showed off his now infamous C-walking skills and Cube's lovely wife Kim was also in attendance often nodding her head to her husband's gangsta hits while she sat in the back. All in all it was a VERY energenic and satisfying performance, Cube must have felt the same as he jokingly said the atmosphere made him wanna grow back his jheri curls. As he left the stage he made a promise to the fans not to let them wait another 13 years before doing a show again in Holland...

Yaeeyaae!!!

Extra special shout out to Crooked "DB's Finest" J for the pics!  :kiss2:

~Loyalty Is Everything~

~Lucien~

Re: Ice Cube Live in Concert @ Paradiso (Amsterdam) 9/11/06
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 09:40:37 AM »
that was a nice read... I was there too... I had a great time! I'm even on some of the pics made lol...

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 10:50:15 AM »
that was a nice read... I was there too... I had a great time! I'm even on some of the pics made lol...

Oh for real? So a fellow DubCC-er was standing right in front of me.  8) But yeah it was a great show!

~Loyalty Is Everything~

salkku

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • ''I flip flop and serve hoes with a fat dick''
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 10:52:00 AM »
yeah i watch this shit on the internet and it was hot as hell!!
''Why does niggas want to act funny with the money'' - DAZ

''Now if it wasn't for the West,
these rap niggas wouldn't need a vest around they chest'' - Xzibit

''you must be one of our European posters...Egypt or Moscow'' - Chamillitary Click

~Lucien~

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 11:01:40 AM »
yeah i watch this shit on the internet and it was hot as hell!!

did someone record the show?