Author Topic: Raekwon talks about RZA's and Dr.Dre's input on the Cuban Linx part 2  (Read 217 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
There's no solid date set yet for the 2007 release of Raekwon the Chef's Only Built for Cuban Linx 2, but whenever it comes, it will be Rae Day.

"This album is important to hip-hop and people who followed; the Purple Tape is coming back," he said last week, referring to the original, unofficial name of the 1995 first volume of Cuban Linx (initial cassettes of which were purple). "If I lose on this, hip-hop is really somewhere else."

As he told MTV News exclusively last week, the Chef has inked a deal with Dr. Dre's Aftermath label and his album will be mostly produced by RZA and the Doc.

"We said, 'Yo, this might be even more interesting to have the Doc and the Abbot collaborate as one and put the kid where he needs to be with this Linx project," Rae said. "To have them two put their input in, it's magnetic. I feel good about the production of RZA, and Dre did his thing. He knows the power of Cuban Linx and what it did. He's basically coming in as another coach."

Rae said he's mostly been working with the two producers separately, but all three of them have been in the lab together as well.

"I had both of them in the same studio at one time giving their input," Chef said. "They definitely sat in the same room and delegated, you know. It's basically about keeping that Cuban Linx vibe alive. When you think of part one, you think of part two to have growth and development to it. We're in good shape: Dre's a hard worker, RZA's definitely a hard worker. They're gonna make sure they get the best outta me. I'm already hard on my music, and just to know I have two powerful pieces that are gonna oversee the project and say, 'You know, Chef ...,' makes me feel good."

Rae has worked with a couple of other producers as well.

"I even got people such as J Dilla, God bless his soul," he said. "He was a very strong producer in the game. There's a couple of other producers I appreciate: [DJ] Scratch, Scram [Jones], some other cats. This is like a superproducer album. To me, it just makes it another level for the kid. I get to really put it down how I want to. I know they gonna orchestrate it to where it sounds how it need to sound." ...

http://www.mtv.com/bands/m/mixtape_monday/111306/ 

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
Re: Raekwon talks about RZA's and Dr.Dre's input on the Cuban Linx part 2
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 10:09:24 AM »
Fuck it, I got a good feelin' about this.

Only thing I don't like is that Rae says
[DJ] Scratch, Scram [Jones], some other cats

There are already enough producers for this album
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

RZARECTA

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Witty Unpredictable-Talent And Natural Game
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 07:31:08 PM »
most anticipated album 4 a min

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 06:06:41 AM »
Remains to be seen what producers end up having tracks on there. It's twisted how on the other hand you hear these "Dre & RZA did almost 50/50 of the album", and on the other you got "I got this dude, that dude, those dudes, that one dude's mama and his cousin, and of course that other dude."

Elevz

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 06:57:53 AM »
^^ probably means both Dre and RZA each have two tracks on the album :P