Author Topic: Fantasia Ropes In Big Boi, Missy For Second Disc  (Read 62 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Fantasia Ropes In Big Boi, Missy For Second Disc
« on: November 14, 2006, 07:58:25 AM »
R&B vocalist Fantasia will return Dec. 12 with her self-titled sophomore album, due via J/19. The disc boasts collaborations with producers Missy Elliott, Swizz Beatz and Babyface, as well as songwriters Diane Warren and Sean Garrett, among others.

Lead single "Hood Boy" featuring Big Boi of OutKast was produced by Tone Mason and written by singer/songwriter Johnta Austin.

"I've let go of things from the past and I'm having a good time," says Fantasia of the new offering. "Now I'm on a whole different level ... and I let everyone know that I've moved on from where I was."

Elliott co-wrote and produced "Turn This Party Up!" "Two Weeks Notice" and "No Stopppin'," while Swizz Beatz helmed "Surround U" and producers Dre & Vidal crafted "I Nominate U" and "Baby Makin Hips."

Other album cuts include "Not The Way It Is," penned by Garrett, and "I Feel Beautiful," written by Warren and produced by Babyface.

After winning "American Idol" in 2004, the High Point, N.C., native and single mother released her debut "Free Yourself," which bowed at No. 8 on The Billboard 200 and spawned the single "I Believe." That song topped the Billboard Hot 100 -- the first time in the chart's history that an artist debuted at No. 1 with his/her first solo record.

Fantasia recently made her acting debut in the Lifetime original movie, "The Fantasia Barrino Story: Life Is Not a Fairy Tale," which will re-air Nov. 23 at 9 p.m.

This report is provided by Billboard.com
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com