Author Topic: Christians instructed not to eat from the "tree of knowledge"  (Read 307 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Christians instructed not to eat from the "tree of knowledge"
« on: November 14, 2006, 09:58:24 AM »
Something I didn't notice before in the Bible, is that in the story of Adam, the forbidden tree is described as "the tree of knowledge".

That's interesting terminology because it would indicate that seeking knowledge is discouraged in the Bible.  Let's discuss.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Facez

• 'G'
Re: Christians instructed not to eat from the "tree of knowledge"
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 10:19:00 AM »
It wasnt the "tree of knowledge" that God told Adam and Eve not to eat from, it was the tree that had "knowledge of good and evil" God did not want them to eat from it because God wanted them and us to live perfect lives without sin or worry so he actually warned them that the day they eat from the tree they will die (spritually) and they did which borught sin into the world bcuz after, they realised they were naked and covered themselves and hid from God.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 10:57:19 AM »
Also, to add something from Footloose's comment: the significiant of that was whether Adam and Eve will obey God's instruction regardless.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 03:02:20 PM »
No the whole bible is a clever allusion to something else entirely.  The tree of good and evil means: The good is alluding to the creators not wanting us to advance scientifically. The evil in question is the humans will to advance scientifically and I can give a whole bunch of examples to back it up later on tonight.. Just wait.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 04:30:56 PM »
Something I didn't notice before in the Bible, is that in the story of Adam, the forbidden tree is described as "the tree of knowledge".

That's interesting terminology because it would indicate that seeking knowledge is discouraged in the Bible.  Let's discuss.

That's all from the Jewish Bible. Jesus said "seek and you shall find".

Why is it that everytime someone finds something stupid in the Bible it's always aimed at Christians and only Christians and always taken from the Jewish art of the Bible? (this is just a general question and not so much a response to Infinite)

J Bananas

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 05:11:40 PM »
muslims were instructed to fly hijacked planes of innocent civilians into large commercial buildings filled with decent hard working people

Fonky Fresh

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 06:12:44 PM »
It wasnt the "tree of knowledge" that God told Adam and Eve not to eat from, it was the tree that had "knowledge of good and evil" God did not want them to eat from it because God wanted them and us to live perfect lives without sin or worry so he actually warned them that the day they eat from the tree they will die (spritually) and they did which borught sin into the world bcuz after, they realised they were naked and covered themselves and hid from God.
well  i call a cat a cat,Hajj seem to be right on this thing to me.
But i haven't read the bible so i can't tell much
Deprivin' someone to eat apples from this tree(supposed to have the knowledge of something and so its fruits too) is nathen less than deprivin' someone to have that knowledge....wether it's basically coming from a good intention or not.
well that's how i see things

Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !

Narrator

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 07:06:12 PM »
muslims were instructed to fly hijacked planes of innocent civilians into large commercial buildings filled with decent hard working people

The Qur'an actually just says (in coded metaphorical terms that are impossible for devils to understand because of their nature) that the Original Men must take back the planet and kill all white people.  Have I ever mentioned that before?

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006, 07:14:25 PM »
Here is my interpretation of the bible from a scientific viewpoint. Taking into account that the creator is a extraterrestrial human with a higher technology.There are alot of physical characteristics pertaining to in the bible also.Take into account that this is a translation from the Hebrew Texts from a professor I know. The words God and Lord are really Elohim and Yahweh. ...... Leave the ridicule for another thread an let me make my point.

"Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness,let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air,and over the cattle,over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on Earth." Genesis 1:26
This is plain and simple.. Our image, Our likeness. Is this not telling you that we must look similar? We must look identicle if we are made in his image. This is a physical characteristic.
"Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat,but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die."Genesis 2:16-17
This alludes that us humans beings can learn all we want, but we shall not learn of science. The evil in this passage means our want for scientific advance. I have some other passage to back that up.
"The serpent...said unto the woman, of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden..ye shall not surely die,for Elohim doth know that in the day ye eat thereof,then your eyes shall be opened,and ye shall be like Elohim"
Genesis 3:1-5

This backs up my first statement about how the evil being described is science. It says it plain and simple "if you eat from the tree" meaning you learn scientific knowledge, "then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be like Elohim." This shows if they are given scientific knowledge they will soon know that they are equal to Elohim. Another plain and simple statement. If god is a supernatural being than how can we be as gods?
The following is a statement after Lucifer tells Adam and Eve about what they truly are.
"behold,the man is become as one of us,to know good and evil: and now,lest he put forth his hand,and take also of the tree of life,and eat,and live forever".Genesis 3:22
Here is another physical reference to Yahweh.
"my spirit shall not always strive with man,for that he is also flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years" Genesis 6:3 This also shows the allusion that he is able to live longer than man even though he is FLESH.
"and Elohim saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually"The word evil is used in context it is alluding to scientific knowledge. As from my example before. This shows that scientific knowledge spread in a few areas and it was natural for us to want to scientifically advance. Thus
"And Noah builded an alter unto Yahweh: and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar. Genesis 8:20 Our creators were glad to see us wish them well. So they promised that they would never destroy the creation again. They understood it was only normal to scientifcally progress. in the very next passage this is said.
"..for the imagination of mans' heart is evil" Genesis 8:21
Now the technology of the Elohim could not be comprehended by the primitive people so they used words they could describe it as and thought of it as a supernatural occurance.
"and the angel of Yahweh appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and behold, the bush burned with fire,and the bush was not consumed." Exodus 3:2
A space vessel landed in front of them. This is the equivilent of what a Brazilian tribemen would say if we landed in front of him in a flying vessel illuminating the trees without burning them. Because to them fire is the only source of light. They could not understand artifical light and they described it as best as they could."the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed".
Here is an excellent passage describing Yahweh as a physical being.
"And it came to pass, as Moses entered into the tabernacle, the cloudy pillar descended,and stood at the door of the tabernacle and Yahweh talked with Moses...and Yahweh spake unto Moses face to face,as a man speaketh unto his friend" Exodus 33: 8-11

Ezekiels wheels is an encounter which to me looks like a Ufo encounter in primitive wording. I will just quote the important things since its pretty long." I looked, and behold,a stormy wind came from the north, a great cloud, with flashing lightning, and a brightness round about it, and out of the midst of it as it were glowing metal, out of the midst of the fire. Out of the midst of it came the likeness of four living creatures. This was their appearance: they had the likeness of a man...."As for the likeness of their faces, the had the face of a man..." "the appearance of the wheels and thier work was like a bareket: and they four had one likeness; and there appearance and there work as it were a wheel within a wheel. When they went,they went in their four directions:they didn't turn when they went. As,for their rims ,they were high and dreadful:and they four had their rims full of eyes round about. When the living creatures went ,the wheels went beside them:and when the living creatures were lifted above the eretz, the wheels were lifted up..." "for the spirit of the living creature were in the wheels".
Here is a description of the "wings" or most likely some type of jetpack."Under the expanse were their wings straight,the one toward the other:everyone had two which covered this side and everyone had two which covered on that side,their bodies.When they went I heard the noise of there wings like the noise of great waters,like the voice of Shaddai, a noise of tumult like the noise of a host:when they stood they let down their wings." All from Ezekial 1: 4-26
"then the spirit took me up, and I heard the voice of a great rushing" Ezekiel 3:12
The spirit refers to Elohim fleet of ship or ships as referred to the beginning of the bible "and the spirit of Elohim moved upon the face of the waters" Genesis:2....
"and the spirit lifted me up between the earth and the heaven. and brought me in the visions of Elohim to Jerusalem."Ezekiel 8:3 See the corilation? Here is another reference to physical characteristics of the cherubims "and there appeared in the cheribums the form of a mans hand under their wings".Ezekiel 10:19
here is another reference to the "spirit" . "And the glory of Yahweh went up from the midst of the city, and stood upon the mountain which is on the east side of the city. Afterwards the spirit took me up, and brought me in a vision by the spirit of Elohim into Chaldea." Ezekiel 11:23-24The "spirit" is always used in a sense of travel.

Here is an allusion to when we have sufficiant knowledge and when our creators will officially show themselves. "Which indeed is the least of all seeds but when it is grown, it is the greastest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof."Matthew 13:32 The seed is alluding to humanities wisdom. The birds of the air will lodge in the branches thereof. COME ON NOW! OPEN YOUR EYES.

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2006, 08:20:02 PM »
It's true, knowledge in anything other than the Bible seems to be discouraged. Knowledge in things such as science and other things relating to real life are seen as taboo.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

herpes

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2006, 09:39:47 PM »

The Qur'an actually just says (in coded metaphorical terms that are impossible for devils to understand because of their nature) that the Original Men must take back the planet and kill all white people.  Have I ever mentioned that before?

im white but can i be down with the movement

Chief

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2006, 10:03:38 PM »
Here is my interpretation of the bible from a scientific viewpoint. Taking into account that the creator is a extraterrestrial human with a higher technology.There are alot of physical characteristics pertaining to in the bible also.Take into account that this is a translation from the Hebrew Texts from a professor I know. The words God and Lord are really Elohim and Yahweh. ...... Leave the ridicule for another thread an let me make my point.

"Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness,let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air,and over the cattle,over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on Earth." Genesis 1:26
This is plain and simple.. Our image, Our likeness. Is this not telling you that we must look similar? We must look identicle if we are made in his image. This is a physical characteristic.
"Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat,but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die."Genesis 2:16-17
This alludes that us humans beings can learn all we want, but we shall not learn of science. The evil in this passage means our want for scientific advance. I have some other passage to back that up.
"The serpent...said unto the woman, of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden..ye shall not surely die,for Elohim doth know that in the day ye eat thereof,then your eyes shall be opened,and ye shall be like Elohim"
Genesis 3:1-5

This backs up my first statement about how the evil being described is science. It says it plain and simple "if you eat from the tree" meaning you learn scientific knowledge, "then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be like Elohim." This shows if they are given scientific knowledge they will soon know that they are equal to Elohim. Another plain and simple statement. If god is a supernatural being than how can we be as gods?
The following is a statement after Lucifer tells Adam and Eve about what they truly are.
"behold,the man is become as one of us,to know good and evil: and now,lest he put forth his hand,and take also of the tree of life,and eat,and live forever".Genesis 3:22
Here is another physical reference to Yahweh.
"my spirit shall not always strive with man,for that he is also flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years" Genesis 6:3 This also shows the allusion that he is able to live longer than man even though he is FLESH.
"and Elohim saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually"The word evil is used in context it is alluding to scientific knowledge. As from my example before. This shows that scientific knowledge spread in a few areas and it was natural for us to want to scientifically advance. Thus
"And Noah builded an alter unto Yahweh: and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar. Genesis 8:20 Our creators were glad to see us wish them well. So they promised that they would never destroy the creation again. They understood it was only normal to scientifcally progress. in the very next passage this is said.
"..for the imagination of mans' heart is evil" Genesis 8:21
Now the technology of the Elohim could not be comprehended by the primitive people so they used words they could describe it as and thought of it as a supernatural occurance.
"and the angel of Yahweh appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and behold, the bush burned with fire,and the bush was not consumed." Exodus 3:2
A space vessel landed in front of them. This is the equivilent of what a Brazilian tribemen would say if we landed in front of him in a flying vessel illuminating the trees without burning them. Because to them fire is the only source of light. They could not understand artifical light and they described it as best as they could."the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed".
Here is an excellent passage describing Yahweh as a physical being.
"And it came to pass, as Moses entered into the tabernacle, the cloudy pillar descended,and stood at the door of the tabernacle and Yahweh talked with Moses...and Yahweh spake unto Moses face to face,as a man speaketh unto his friend" Exodus 33: 8-11

Ezekiels wheels is an encounter which to me looks like a Ufo encounter in primitive wording. I will just quote the important things since its pretty long." I looked, and behold,a stormy wind came from the north, a great cloud, with flashing lightning, and a brightness round about it, and out of the midst of it as it were glowing metal, out of the midst of the fire. Out of the midst of it came the likeness of four living creatures. This was their appearance: they had the likeness of a man...."As for the likeness of their faces, the had the face of a man..." "the appearance of the wheels and thier work was like a bareket: and they four had one likeness; and there appearance and there work as it were a wheel within a wheel. When they went,they went in their four directions:they didn't turn when they went. As,for their rims ,they were high and dreadful:and they four had their rims full of eyes round about. When the living creatures went ,the wheels went beside them:and when the living creatures were lifted above the eretz, the wheels were lifted up..." "for the spirit of the living creature were in the wheels".
Here is a description of the "wings" or most likely some type of jetpack."Under the expanse were their wings straight,the one toward the other:everyone had two which covered this side and everyone had two which covered on that side,their bodies.When they went I heard the noise of there wings like the noise of great waters,like the voice of Shaddai, a noise of tumult like the noise of a host:when they stood they let down their wings." All from Ezekial 1: 4-26
"then the spirit took me up, and I heard the voice of a great rushing" Ezekiel 3:12
The spirit refers to Elohim fleet of ship or ships as referred to the beginning of the bible "and the spirit of Elohim moved upon the face of the waters" Genesis:2....
"and the spirit lifted me up between the earth and the heaven. and brought me in the visions of Elohim to Jerusalem."Ezekiel 8:3 See the corilation? Here is another reference to physical characteristics of the cherubims "and there appeared in the cheribums the form of a mans hand under their wings".Ezekiel 10:19
here is another reference to the "spirit" . "And the glory of Yahweh went up from the midst of the city, and stood upon the mountain which is on the east side of the city. Afterwards the spirit took me up, and brought me in a vision by the spirit of Elohim into Chaldea." Ezekiel 11:23-24The "spirit" is always used in a sense of travel.

Here is an allusion to when we have sufficiant knowledge and when our creators will officially show themselves. "Which indeed is the least of all seeds but when it is grown, it is the greastest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof."Matthew 13:32 The seed is alluding to humanities wisdom. The birds of the air will lodge in the branches thereof. COME ON NOW! OPEN YOUR EYES.

get off that pcp brother man.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2006, 04:10:34 AM »
i copied and pasted that from another forum.

Narrator

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2006, 07:05:36 AM »
im white but can i be down with the movement

I dunno, Allah said I gotta kill you all.

Facez

• 'G'
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2006, 09:07:13 AM »
well  i call a cat a cat,Hajj seem to be right on this thing to me.
But i haven't read the bible so i can't tell much
Deprivin' someone to eat apples from this tree(supposed to have the knowledge of something and so its fruits too) is nathen less than deprivin' someone to have that knowledge....wether it's basically coming from a good intention or not.
well that's how i see things

What I meant was God gave Adam and Eve knowlegde (of other things) he just didnt want us to have knowlede of "good and evil" because by knowing whats right and wrong you're allowing yourself to have the option of choosing between good and evil (sin). You can send yourself to hell by knowing whats good and whats bad and doing bad anyway because the Bible says something like: it is even worse to commit a sin when you know that it is wrong to do so in the first place.

I hope that what i have typed has helped anyone who is curious/confused.

Anymore questions ?, just ask