Author Topic: Trent Green named starter  (Read 164 times)

"THE" MoSav

Trent Green named starter
« on: November 15, 2006, 10:34:37 AM »
Not only has Trent Green been cleared to return to practice, Herm Edwards has informed FOXSports.com exclusively that he will name Green his starter for Sunday's game versus the Raiders.

"We're going to go with Trent as our starter," Edwards said this morning after informing both Green and Damon Huard of his intentions. "This has been his football team for a long time. I think his return will give us a shot of adrenaline. But Trent alone won't allow us to win games. We all have to circle around him and play better and coach better if we're going to win games down the stretch."
For weeks Edwards has quietly told those close to him that the moment Green got clearance to return he would regain his starting slot.

"I just think that after watching Trent the past three weeks after he got the clearance to return to practice, in my mind it was time for him to start playing football again," Edwards said. "I know he's excited.

"I can't say enough about Damon Huard, what he has brought to the table and how he's given us the ability to still be in contention at this point of the season. He's done a fantastic job. I had a good talk with Damon this morning and he understands exactly why I'm making the decision. I told him that he always has to be ready to go if something should happen, but I don't foresee anything happening."

Tuesday night Green told FOXSports.com that he had no trepidation about taking a hit in his first action back since being knocked unconscious in the season opener.

"I have no concerns at all, none," Green said. "I've felt pretty good the last few weeks. The organization really handled it great. They let me take my time and they covered all the bases. Nobody ever tried to rush me back in. They all made sure I was right before allowing me to do too much."

Funny how Chiefs lose to Fins, and now tha QB contoversey is over....

The Best of 3 Worlds

WC Iz Active

Re: Trent Green named starter
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 11:30:44 AM »
great news! rough loss for KC last week but they still have a shot at the playoffs, it's great to see Trent back.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 10:53:24 PM by Spice Iz Active »

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 07:07:20 PM »
i think KC is throwing their playoff chances away by starting Trent Green.I mean he hasnt played since week1 and now he is without Gonzalez and has to get his rythem back.I just dont see them making the playoffs now and i  think they should have just stuck it out with Huard.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 10:28:15 PM »
i think KC is throwing their playoff chances away by starting Trent Green.I mean he hasnt played since week1 and now he is without Gonzalez and has to get his rythem back.I just dont see them making the playoffs now and i  think they should have just stuck it out with Huard.

Nah i gotta disagree. with a running game like the Chiefs have you can put alot of starters in there. Plus Trent Green doesnt make mistakes and he is not the type of guy where you have to change the offense to fit him in. The Chiefs will be better with Trent Green. Might have one game of rust this week. But they play Oakland and they will just pound the hell out of the ball with LJ. Plus you can score 7 pts and beat the Raiders.

The Best of 3 Worlds

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 12:38:49 AM »
trent green is the better of the two qb's and he's the leader of the team you want him starting, and if it back fires on them ...good lol it makes the raiders look better...if that's possible at this point   8)

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09