Author Topic: DJ Quik comments on 2006 BET Awards  (Read 1096 times)

BL7

Re: DJ Quik comments on 2006 BET Awards
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2006, 06:28:31 AM »
Quik actually didn't seem too bad here, but he does talk a lot of shit. I respect the man as an artist, and I hope he gets his head together, but that seems less likely to happen every day.

Kaligula

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2006, 07:24:24 AM »
Whatever man, it's a blog, it's there for you to speak on whatever's on your mind. Dude's keepin' it real the way he sees it. Maybe more people should do the same.

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2006, 09:44:59 AM »
he may be great, but Quick is sounding like Rass Kass(Bitch) right now.

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2006, 09:46:31 AM »
quik sure is talking a lot nowadays, i think hes a little bitter.

'EclipZe

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2006, 09:49:35 AM »
i hang on every word quikksta says so fuck yall, and games live performance

preach on son.

Trayvone

• 'G'
  • REPPIN NORTH LONG BEACH
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2006, 10:28:11 AM »
In my opinion the only rapper that had a great performance at the BET awards was Snoop. Every other rapper was screaming and yelling into the mic. When Snoop performed it was smooth and u could actually hear what he's saying........

As for Quik, didn't he say he was supposed to produce a track for the DA?

SGV

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2006, 10:29:42 AM »
LMAO @ All these Game groupies saying Quik is mad.

Dude simply said Game's performance wasn't good. It's not like he said Doctors Advocate is the wackest thing ever released. You guys need to stop being so sensitive, remove yourselves from the lives of these rappers and let people speak their mind.

I mean, if you really thought Game's performance was hot, cool. But Junior Reed is the only one who really had a presence on that stage. Busta said the same thing, just didn't put Game's name into it. It's the truth.

cheech

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2006, 10:35:56 AM »
Maybe we'll see 50 Cent on a DJ Quik track going at Game ;D

But if Quik called Game up and told him that his performance was boring, then that's different.

nah that won´t happen. don´t forget david wuz dissin 50cent on stage, and later when he wuz gamez dj he had performances with 50, that wuz just 4 game.
like sume dudes in compton you take this coment 2 serious, yes david iz talkin a lot of shit right know but thiz wuz just sum critic bout games stage peformance! nothin else!
that wuz no diss or something like that!

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2006, 11:01:37 AM »
There shouldn't be any beef between Game and Quik. DJ Quik grew up less then a mile away from Brazil and Wilmington, they both are Compton Pirus, it should be all love. DJ Quik even gave a shout out to Cedar Block in one of his songs.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2006, 11:04:23 AM »
Well, in my opinion, if Quik critiques your live show, you better take heed.

If I were Game, I'd ask Quik how to improve my live show. I never seen a live Game performance, so I can't give an opinion, but I trust Quik when he says a live performance wasn't good.

Snoop always comes off good live though. No surprise he did it again.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2006, 11:05:40 AM »
Quik is one of a small handful of artists that does good live shows (Roots, Outkast, Common, Alkaholiks). Most rappers live shows suck period point blank. Rappers need to be called out on their live shows, after Rakim said to emcee is to move the crowd. I've seen video tapes of 80's era Public Enemy and Boogie Down Productions shows and they bring chills up my spine, just watching it on tape! That's what a live show is supposed to be. Most rappers have forgotten that.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

WestCoasta

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2006, 11:18:59 AM »
Dude simply said Game's performance wasn't good. It's not like he said Doctors Advocate is the wackest thing ever released. You guys need to stop being so sensitive, remove yourselves from the lives of these rappers and let people speak their mind.

Crip2Nite: South Central LA's HoOdSTAr

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2006, 12:04:09 PM »
Hip Hop shows in general aren't that good...It's usually just the artist, 1 or 2 hypemen, 6 or 7 of his "homies" and maybe they squeeze in a Dj (sometimes)....They pretty much just recite the lyrics to the song and move from one side of the stage to next...I doubt Quik was trying to start anything by simply saying that Games performance succ'd...It's just an opinion and it was on his blog...I think it's better when a artist can play with a good live band anyway..Snoop pulled it off nicely

LOL...U Mad? Fag :laugh:
Fuck that fake ass crip Crip2nite.  Gets on my nerves how some people on these forums

westkoastanostra

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2006, 12:48:13 PM »
how is quik loosing his mind? he voiced his opinion...as far as i know...he's always been that way...

rik

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2006, 12:50:08 PM »
Fuck Quik