Author Topic: crook I wake up show comments about the west  (Read 146 times)

ability

• Lil Geezy
crook I wake up show comments about the west
« on: November 16, 2006, 07:32:24 PM »
This past sunday he stated that if rappers have people, proteges, or someone under their wings, that the rapper should try his best to put him out and not be afraid of their understudy outshining them.  He talked about Snoop and Badd Azz and stated that Snoop shouldn't keep neptune or timbo production (mass appeal) to himself.  Try and let others get a crack at it and see how they do.  I know we all know making it out the west is tough, but certain rappers are not marketable or appealing to the mass, only regional.  Is crooked on point with his example, what do you all think?  Don't be afraid to let others shine.  I think he even mentioned Jay-Z letting Memph Bleek get a crack at breaking through, but to no avail.   

Slikk_J

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: crook I wake up show comments about the west
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 07:47:15 PM »
His point has some Merit........

I would like to see Snoop & Bad Azz work again together soon.....

But seriously Crooked I can't speak on this shit.......Crooked I hasn't dropped an album and he has the whole horse shoe gang under his wing, so he can't talk until he does this himself.

ability

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 08:02:47 PM »
True indeed, but he never was in a position to put out others. Now if it gets to that point and doesn't keep true to his word, then that is why this side is always falling on deaf ears.  We're always waiting for the same rappers to drop a new album while others stay stuck.

Suga Foot

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 08:22:08 PM »
I think a lot of times, a big name rapper (Snoop, Cube, Dre, etc) will put a lesser known person on a song (Bad Azz, Soopafly, Short Khop, Hittman), and the lesser known artist thinks that's all there is to it.  That he's made it.  They don't realize that being on a big artists song is just the beggining, it's leway to get other people to check you out.  You gotta hustle your ass off after that.  I bet if Hittman released a few mixtapes, did some more guest appearances, got on some TV spots with Dre, that Jimmy/Dre would have had no choice but to drop his album.  The fans would have demanded it. 

ability

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 08:38:07 PM »
Damn skippy. My favorite hittman track is last days, but what are we looking for, a great (WC) rap hope that's dope to us and we feel they should be bigger than what they are or someone who marketable. Remember what dre did when he had king t and hittman. Eminem and 50. He pulled T's because of em and some weak source review, remember "they could not pick a classic if it was on espn."
Everytime I hear dre spit I think of hittman possibly writing that.