Author Topic: Is it safe to say that Nas  (Read 636 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Is it safe to say that Nas
« on: November 19, 2006, 03:43:23 PM »
is getting fucked ?

a) No single and no video 1 month before the release date

b) Four tracks leaked of the 14 track LP, including the most hyped track with Jay-Z, which unlike the other 3 wasn't leaked by Nas camp.

I hate whats happening to him, hes in the postion to drop a classic album but will probably keep getting pushed back.

WestCoasta

Re: Is it safe to say that Nas
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 03:44:58 PM »
these things happen

Nas isn't really the most marketable guy anyways...

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 03:47:21 PM »
I hate whats happening to him, hes in the postion to drop a classic album but will probably keep getting pushed back.

what are you talking about?.. he got some wack producers on the album.. ofcourse its not gonna be a classic

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 03:53:07 PM »

what are you talking about?.. he got some wack producers on the album.. ofcourse its not gonna be a classic

Well, I have heard 2 tracks from the album both 5/5, then theres the song with Jay which I havent listened but is getting great reviews everywhere. Dont be worried about that Storch track with Snoop, its suppose to be one of the best joints with both of them spitting 32 bars. The only track Im worried about is the one with Kelis.

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 03:55:24 PM »
Under defjam, nas will never drop an illmatic or a stillmatic. Nowhere near marketable enough. But i agree with you, Nas is getting fucked over big time and it aint right.

I just hope he doesnt resort to type, and start dissing the dips a fornight before his album drops.

The Maestro

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 03:58:24 PM »

Well, I have heard 2 tracks from the album both 5/5, then theres the song with Jay which I havent listened but is getting great reviews everywhere. Dont be worried about that Storch track with Snoop, its suppose to be one of the best joints with both of them spitting 32 bars. The only track Im worried about is the one with Kelis.
there will be great tracks i think.. but its not gonna be a classic when it got Storch, Kanye and Dre on it.. well kanye sometimes makes dope beats, we can hope.. Dre lost it, Imagine is the only new dope beat he made.. "its suppose to be one of the best joints" yeah for clubs i guess, storch cant make dope beats..

all of this is ofcourse just what i think.. but we all know that my opinion on music is the right opinion.

rik

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 04:02:34 PM »
I was just thinking about this lastnight. I was listening to Stillmatic, and was thinking that his album drops next month and has no promotion and no single/video.

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2006, 04:04:54 PM »
Def Jam really doesn't know how to market hip-hop anymore.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

rik

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2006, 04:12:19 PM »
^ They sure know how to market this one Camel lookin' fella.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2006, 04:29:41 PM »

Ain't that the fuckin truth.  I think he re-allocated Nas' budget to his budweiser promotion campaign.  I'm sure that there's a chance that Nas does get pushed back. 

herpes

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2006, 04:37:34 PM »
i got a feeling the album gets pushed back within the week.

rik

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2006, 04:38:55 PM »

Ain't that the fuckin truth.  I think he re-allocated Nas' budget to his budweiser promotion campaign.  I'm sure that there's a chance that Nas does get pushed back. 

Yeah...There's a big chance he's getting pushed back. Cus Jeezy is also droppin' in December and he already has a single/promotion.

Sikotic™

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2006, 04:40:05 PM »
I still think Jay is gonna fuck Nas in the end as a means for revenge. Dude is cold on the behind-the-scenes tip.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2006, 04:59:32 PM »
I don't feel sorry for him. He brought that on himself, signing with Jay-Z and shit.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Reventón Bogotá Rolla

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • High Roller
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2006, 05:54:44 PM »
This is my most anticipated album out of all recent releases. Only tracks I've heard are HHID and the jay collabo (that was just too tempting), i really want to give this album a blind listen, i really think will be the best release out this year.

2009 Kid CuDi - Man on the Moon: The Guardians