Author Topic: Nevada town makes foreign flags illegal  (Read 433 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Nevada town makes foreign flags illegal
« on: November 20, 2006, 02:51:59 PM »
 http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/17/pahrump.flags.reut/

PHOENIX, Arizona (Reuters) -- A Nevada town passed a law this week making it illegal to fly a foreign nation's flag by itself, the latest swipe by a U.S. community at illegal immigrants.

The town council of Pahrump, which lies in the Mojave Desert west of Las Vegas, voted 3-2 Tuesday to make flying any foreign flag above the U.S. flag or alone an offense punishable by a $50 fine and 30 hours of community service.

The meeting also pushed through measures to deny services to illegal immigrants and make English the official language in Pahrump, a commuter town of 40,000 residents some 60 miles west of Las Vegas.

Supporters said they passed the measure to hit back at Hispanic demonstrators who carried Mexican flags when they marched in U.S. cities earlier this year to press for rights for 10 million to 12 million illegal immigrants living in the shadows.

"All of the illegal alien protesters are waving Mexican flags, and we just got tired of it," town board clerk Paul Willis told Reuters in a telephone interview.

"This is the United States, and the Stars and Stripes should fly supreme," he added.

Hispanic groups slammed the flag ordinance as a blow to first-amendment rights to free speech but thought it unlikely that the community would enforce it.

"It is clearly unconstitutional, but given that Pahrump that is such a small town, I don't think they are going to be hiring any flag police any time soon." said John Trasvina, the president and general counsel of the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund.

In passing the bylaw, the town joined several other communities from California to Pennsylvania that have passed laws curbing illegal immigrants in recent months.

Among them are Escondido, in southern California, and Hazleton in Pennsylvania, where councilors barred landlords from renting to undocumented aliens and denied them access to services.

In Texas, which has a large Hispanic population, the Dallas suburb of Farmers Branch this week enacted laws fining landlords who rent to illegal immigrants and making English the official language, media reported.

Copyright 2006 Reuters. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don Seer

Re: Nevada town makes foreign flags illegal
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 02:53:32 PM »

woo go free speech

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 04:23:48 PM »
That's fuckin' lame. Peopl ehave the right to be proud of their heritage.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 04:27:35 PM »
LMAO. That's crazy!
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 04:51:25 PM »
I support this 100%.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 04:52:45 PM »
Why's that? Ashamed of your Polish heritage?

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 05:06:11 PM »

Because I am American and I don't have any allegiance to any foreign country.

Are these people ashamed of their American nationality?

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 05:11:20 PM »

Not at all, but they're also not ashamed of where they came from.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 05:13:04 PM »

[/quote]

Going to another country and waving a foreign flag in their faces is downright disrespectful. Just like it would be disrespectful for me to go down to Mexico and wave their American flag in Mexicans faces. Trust me, they wouldn't like that.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 05:20:42 PM »

For probably the one and only time I agree with you real american, it is really disrespectful to fly another nations flag, to me at least when people do this it represents a will for them to not really integrate and instead they are there solely for economic opportunities, no nations needs leechers like that.

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 05:25:15 PM »

Going to another country and waving a foreign flag in their faces is downright disrespectful. Just like it would be disrespectful for me to go down to Mexico and wave their American flag in Mexicans faces. Trust me, they wouldn't like that.[/quote]

So just because another country won't allow it, that means neither should we? In many countries, you would be killed if you spoke what was on your mind. Does that mean we should remove free speech?

THA SAUCE HOUSE

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 05:37:12 PM »

Real Polack, what do you think of the American constitution? How about freedom of speech? Get the fuck out of my country.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2006, 05:38:25 PM »

When you have so many mexicans who believe that they have a right to the land, flying mexicans flags, who are racist fucks who ascribe to racist ideology like mecca then it's not surprising this law was approved. If they don't want to integrate they should fuck off, that is the main issue, all americans are immigrants but those who want to be american are more welcome than leechers. To me when you fly a different flag you are making the statement that you have no desire to embrace american values, you want to stay on the periphery of the society and are interested in the monetary benefit.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 05:40:37 PM by virtuoso »

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2006, 05:41:58 PM »
Flying the Mexican flag over the American flag is an affront to America's sovereignty.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2006, 05:44:58 PM »

In light of what you just said real american I want you to read this http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53023