Author Topic: BARS Awards today!! Listen live on sactownradio!  (Read 160 times)

sonofisis

• Muthafuckin' OG
BARS Awards today!! Listen live on sactownradio!
« on: December 02, 2006, 04:38:24 PM »
Quote from: SacTownRadio
IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT TO THE BARS AWARDS SHOW THIS SAT

WE'VE GOT THE GO AHEAD TO BROADCAST THE BARS AWARDS SHOW LIVE!!!

ACCEPTANCE SPEECHES, LIVE PERFORMANCES, THE ENTIRE EVENT CAN BE HEARD ON SACTOWNRADIO.COM LIVE AS IT HAPPENS

WE WILL ALSO BE BROADCASTING LIVE FROM THE OFFICIAL AFTERPARTY

SO PLEASE JOIN US THIS SAT STARTING AT 3P.M. PST FOR THE BARS AWARDS SHOW LIVE ON SACTOWNRADIO.COM!!!
^They playin some other shit right now coz the event ain't got crackin yet..
Mistah FAB "Ghost Ride It"

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
Re: BARS Awards today!! Listen live on sactownradio!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 07:45:17 PM »
I was about to go.....but I am not paying 50 bucks to get in..... The person who was suppose to get me in for free didnt pick up bastard  >:(

sonofisis

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 08:39:47 PM »
lol, niggas is in there actin stupid and it's hard to keep the show goin, hahaha.. That's the bay for you..

I was about to go.....but I am not paying 50 bucks to get in..... The person who was suppose to get me in for free didnt pick up bastard  >:(
Well you lucky, coz I was listening live and they just shut that shit down and called the police on stage coz niggas didn't know how to act. They kept warning niggas, and told em they wasn't gettin no refunds but fools was in there set-trippin I guess..
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 12:35:10 PM by sonofisis »

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 02:45:52 AM »
lol, niggas is in there actin stupid and it's hard to keep the show goin, hahaha.. That's the bay for you..

no thats why black people still live in shitty conditions for the most part

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 08:19:40 AM »
Man you could have payed the minimum $50 ticket and still get backstage, that's how unorganized it was. Only 2 awards out of the dozen were presented before the SWAT team swarmed in that muthafucka. A million people on stage throwin they sets up like anyone give a fuck.. and didn't wanna get off till cops had to take action. Numbskull rushin the stage calling Yuk out to fight 1 on 1 for 10 Gz, The Regime got up there on his ass, then all of a sudden guns were pulled out in the VIP, crowd running like it's 9/11 in that bitch. And a million other things not worth mentioning. Fuckin animals! SHUT DOWN!

PS: This was supposed to be formal awards show too, it wasn't some regular grimey bay event or nothin, everyone had suits on and all.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

westkoastanostra

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 10:43:54 AM »
^^^^ damn thats crazy and at the same time fuckin stupid....

sonofisis

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 12:38:19 PM »
Man you could have payed the minimum $50 ticket and still get backstage, that's how unorganized it was. Only 2 awards out of the dozen were presented before the SWAT team swarmed in that muthafucka. A million people on stage throwin they sets up like anyone give a fuck.. and didn't wanna get off till cops had to take action. Numbskull rushin the stage calling Yuk out to fight 1 on 1 for 10 Gz, The Regime got up there on his ass, then all of a sudden guns were pulled out in the VIP, crowd running like it's 9/11 in that bitch. And a million other things not worth mentioning. Fuckin animals! SHUT DOWN!

PS: This was supposed to be formal awards show too, it wasn't some regular grimey bay event or nothin, everyone had suits on and all.
That's why we can't never have shit out here in the Bay coz niggas be on that otha shit cuz, I was hella mad just listening to that shit like wtf? smh.. But damn, good lookin on the backstage info, didn't know it was gettin spunky like that. I heard Pretty Black jumped on stage when Num tried to talk shit about Yukmouth and there was about to be problems. This shit is crazy.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 02:26:41 PM »
why is num beefing with yuk in the first place?

sonofisis

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 12:19:02 PM »
why is num beefing with yuk in the first place?
Who knows?

And the most fucked up part about all this shit is that it was gonna get on demand comcast and MTV coverage, but these dumb ass niggas always gotta show how tough they ass is n shit, now all that shit is down the drain and we may even get some bad publicity.

VIBE.com

B.A.R.S. Awards Shut Down After Crowd Gets Too Hyphy

By: Katie Patterson

December 4, 2006

Lack of security and poor planning on the part of promoters led police to shut down the Bay Area Rap Scene Awards on Saturday (Dec. 4) evening at the San Mateo Expo Center.

All Bay heavy hitters were on hand, including E-40, Too $hort, Keak Da Sneak, San Quinn, Mistah F.A.B. and Bullys Wit Fullys, to accept awards and perform. The Black Eyed Peas, also came though to present an award.

Problems arose when uninvited guests and entourage members jumped on stage as artists were performing, and when fights broke out among the crowd. E-40 and San Quinn, who have both been equally vocal in the past about the urgency for the Bay to come together, were unsuccessful in their pleas to calm down the crowd.

"It just got too hyphy," said Guce of Bullys Wit Fullys. "It was too hard for people to control themselves; once they hear the music it takes over them mentally and physically."

Guce and his partner in rhyme Messy Marv were winners of one of only four awards announced before the evening was cut short. E-40's chart topping My Ghetto Report Card won "Album of the Year". Feezy along with Keak Da Sneak also took home the "Video of the Year" award for their black and white hyphy depiction, "Tell Me When To Go."

"Best Collaboration" went to Guce and Messy Marv for their work as Bullys Wit Fullys. "Best New Artist of the Year" was Frisco's Big Rich, whose album Block Tested, Hood Approved was released in October.

"Winning this award means that the work that I have been doing is being recognized as far as the Bay Area hip hop scene goes," said Guce, who is currently working on his solo album, Tell Me When to Stop, Cause I Already Go. "We didn't promote ourselves, and we don't get the airplay other Bay artists get, so it was the fans letting us know they appreciate what we do. The whole Bay paid homage."

The awards, in their second year, had been heavily promoted, especially by artists through their MySpace pages, and was touted as a way to unify Bay Area music and further the cause of getting the Bay its due recognition.