Author Topic: The Game - The Doctors Advocate  (Read 6713 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The Game - The Doctors Advocate
« on: November 26, 2006, 03:39:42 AM »
Another quick lil review:

01. Looking At You feat. Mac Minister
The album starts of with a intro/track type. Game is basically freestyling a lil bit, talking about his return. He jacked Dre's flow on this one but its not that annoying as it is on some other tracks. That Mac Minister talking is completely unnecessary, it fucks up the tempo of the track. Overall cool intro track 3/5

02. The Shit
Craaaaaaazy banger from DJ Khalil. The production is really banging on this one, the ad libs from the chicks sound great too, Game spits his whole gangsta shit again, the only minus of this track is that he completely swagger jacks Dres flow and voice. 4/5

03. One Blood feat Junior Reid
The street single we've all heard by now. I really liked this track, once again the production is banging, great Junior Reid sample in the background. The only problem is that with all those remixes, I got tired of the track real quick. 4.5/5

04. Compton feat Will.I.Am
Everyone was skeptical about Will.I.Ams production on these new LPs but ever since I heard that Too Short joint, I knew he had it in him. The beat is really simple but effective. Game raps about Compton, his flow and delivery is great on this one. 4.5/5

05. Remedy
Just Blazeeeee. Just Blaze is killing it right now and this one isn't any different. Old school mixed with some new school sound = banger. Game raps kinda old school too, doesn't ruin this perfect beat at all. 4.5/5

06. Lets Ride
Here is where the album starts going downhill a lil bit. Typical Storch production, with Game swagger jacking Dres flow again and 50 on the chorus. I actually liked this track when it came out at first but the replay value is low. 4/5

07. Too Much feat Nate Dogg
Everybody seems to like this track but I don't understand what the deal is. Another boring Storch production, another track where Game jacks Dre's flow and even recycles one of his verses. Nate is awful on the hook. 3/5

08. Wouldn't Get Far feat Kanye West
Cool joint, trying to be commercial. 4/5

09. Scream On Em feat Swizz Beatz
I hated this track at first but it grew on me. One of the rare tracks where Game doesn't name drop like crazy. Hes spitting raw on this one.  4/5

10. One Night
Highlight of the album. Game spitting something with substance for a change over this soulful Nottz production. The whole vibe of the track is great. I'm surprised Game didn't have more tracks like this, considering all the bs he was going through in the last year. 5/5

11. Doctors Advocate feat. Busta Ryhmes & Chaunecy Black
Start From Scratch part 2. The thing is its missing something. The beat from J.R. is very simple but effective. Game got drunk again and this time described his feeling towards Dre. The whole getting drunk thing sounded more genuine on Start From Scratch. Busta comes in and rips it. 4,5/5

12. Ole English feat Dion
Thats the Game I like. Some great story telling on this one. Dion rips the chorus over this Hi-Tek beat 5/5

13. California Vacation feat Snoop Dogg & Xzibit
Oh my! Snoop rips it, Xzibit kills it and J.R. drops a monster beat. Classic ? Hold up, this one has one mistake. Games verse is horrible  :'( 4.5/5

14. Bang feat DPG
Like anything with DPG lately, this track is weak. Jelly Rolls production is actually surprisingly dope but I don't know what Daz, Kurupt and Game were thinking. 3/5

15. Around The World feat Jamie Foxx
That necessary chick track  >:(. Its not bad but just doesn't fit in with the vibe of the album (shocking ain't it). 3/5

16. Why You Hate The Game feat Nas & Marsha
Great track. Love the atmosphere on this one, something to listen to in your car when your driving home at night, zone out. 5/5

Game once again proved he has a great ear for production. The production is banging on most of the tracks. The onyl problem is that some tracks sound completley out of place but thats the deal when you have so many different producers and whats important, with different styles. Game really improved his flow and delivery. He still sounds off beat sometimes but nothing too annyoing. Lyrically its the same old Game. Too much name dropping, going off topic. He proved on 2 or 3 tracks that hes a dope story teller and I think he should make more tracks like Ole English or One Night.

Overall I'd give this a 4,5/5
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 01:41:40 PM by Meho »

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
Re: The Game - The Doctors Advocate
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 05:40:30 AM »
Nice review  8)
+1

WestCoasta

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 11:45:06 PM »
wow, nice review

I agree almost 100% with everything you said, I just feel different on a few things

- Too Much is a good track
- Hi-Tek beat was reaaal tight, liked it better than Runnin

other than that you nailed it dead on, pointed out all the shit I thought about

BIGG-A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "DIPPIN AN WE ROLLIN... AND WE SMOKIN ON THAT GOOD
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 09:03:54 PM »
I agree wit ya on this.
good review,
BIGG-A
         EMPIRE RECORDINGS
               WISCONSIN

WC Iz Active

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 03:25:05 AM »

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 05:52:14 PM »
haha dope- review, if detox not coming is giving this album 4/5 and this cat is some hardcore 50/gunit fan, u know the album is bangin, dont forgot homie thinks banks album is like 4.5/5 or something....

but still, i don't hate on you, because you still took the time out to give this a review...imma post one up too fo the average unbiased nigga to check upon too, holla back on this soon,

pz

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 01:59:11 PM »
haha dope- review, if detox not coming is giving this album 4/5 and this cat is some hardcore 50/gunit fan, u know the album is bangin, dont forgot homie thinks banks album is like 4.5/5 or something....

but still, i don't hate on you, because you still took the time out to give this a review...imma post one up too fo the average unbiased nigga to check upon too, holla back on this soon,

pz

What does being a fan of 50 have to do with this project ? Dont front, Im unbiased when it comes to reviews.

Like I said great album for you car, weak for your mp3 player.

stephen619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Pound, We Roll Thick Like One-Time
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 10:37:22 AM »
Nice Review

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2007, 02:34:56 PM »
the Doc is a 4/5, this is a 3.5/5. DA is average.

I.B. BLVD

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 09:13:05 PM »
You wrote all that shit yourself. Id prop you if I could. ???

"Urban Life Near The Beach"

Dynamic

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dynamite cuz I rhyme So Tight
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2007, 03:41:05 PM »
nice review man props
Francis, M to the iz-H phenominal
Gun rest under your vest by the abdominal
Two auto-matos, used to call me fatso
Now you call me Castro, my rap flows
militant, y'all faggots ain't killin' shit
~ Notorious BIG

40 Cal

• Lil Geezy
  • It's Da Man
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 05:57:19 PM »
i give it a 5 out of 5 a classic dammmmmnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
best songs : One blood, let's ride, doctors advocate & compton
40 Cali

GunMaster G-9

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • click the ''Give Props'' link above
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2007, 07:51:45 PM »
go and buy this album... i love it

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2007, 03:33:33 PM »
cool review man! 8) 8)