Author Topic: "Gangsta"  The term is being misused in hip-hop.  (Read 626 times)

HNIC

Re: "Gangsta"  The term is being misused in hip-ho
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2001, 04:31:00 AM »
from day 1 nyc is pure gangsta.

infinite59 - how do you know if fabolous has been in a gang or not?

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2001, 05:34:19 AM »

'being even remotely close to gangsta status - do you listen to my music or just skim through it (jay-z).

puffy is from the ghetto and has probably got some connections - bill gates isnt from the ghetto and has pc and monitor connections.

Every1 thinks puffy is from tha ghetto,  he came from  a well to do family,  he only lived in harlem for a few years of his life,  every summer he would live in amish country

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2001, 07:01:45 AM »
Man some of yall all on Puffs ass..Didnt think I ever would see that on this board :-/

"I started this gangsta shit,and this the muthafucking thanx I get?" Dr.Dre
Nuff said
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2001, 07:04:35 AM »
yo guys , the gangsta thang don't mean to pop up guns , slap bitches smoke crack  wear flg or some , u can be gangsta in a lot of way
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2001, 10:40:24 AM »
and has pc and monitor connections.

well you claim to be a gangsta but you have a pc and monitor too, so whats up with that?
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2001, 10:46:56 AM »

'being even remotely close to gangsta status - do you listen to my music or just skim through it (jay-z).

puffy is from the ghetto and has probably got some connections - bill gates isnt from the ghetto and has pc and monitor connections.

Man puffy's not from the ghetto..the hell you talkin about?

ToNe1904

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2001, 10:50:45 AM »

what are you laughing at? how old are you?  NYC has gangs till this day. they don't gangbang like LA but they are still out here. im not talking about the bloods and crips out here in NYC, i'm talking about the orginal gangs like the savage nomads and the savage skulls, the black spades, the cling a lings, the unknowns, young lords and gangs like that..i agree fabolous is not a "gangsta" per se, but neither is dr. dre. and he uses gangsta all the time.. anyway s'all good..just my 2 cents..one

first off, im prolly older them most tha muhafuckaz on thiz board. im guessin. n second, i aint sayin therez NO gangz in NY. im sayin, itz way more intense out thiz way. therez a reason why gangsta flikz alwayz seem tah be based n kali. true, maybe they bangin NY. all im sayin iz, out thiz way...NY bangin iz looked at az a joke. n az far as puffy n jigga bein "gangsta" LOL. i neva thought id hear that in mah life. i believe Hammer got more gangsta in him then them 2!! geez...

"Niggaz bang in Ny now, cuz i dont knock it...thiz fool said he was a blood but had hiz rag in tha wrong pocket...."
                               ~Jayo Felony~

PLANT

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2001, 11:59:58 AM »
i agree for real the rem gangsta being misued....unless you can claim your set for rep dont say you gangsta...fabolous think he gangsta cuz he brings home a bitch with some champaign and go to the club ....whatever this muthafucc is a pranksta.....or even a wangsta....this shit is garbage...i would like him more if he just acted like himslef instead of puttin on this huge front...

Mighty Whitey

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2001, 03:51:29 PM »
.. ok, people claim they're gangsta, when they're not .. that's cool ..

yet, you got 100000 other muthafuckas in rap claimin they're killers & shit, "Oh I shoot 50 cunts a night" or whatever, and nobody jumps on their nuts for that? please. its music, its for E-N-T-E-R-T-A-I-N-M-E-N-T, it aint meant to be taken seriously !
brain damage ever since the day I was born.. drugs what they used to say I was on.

TheShiznit227

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "We Livin' this shit 'til the day that we die, Survival of the Fit only the strong survive..." Mobb Deep
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2001, 04:40:35 PM »
I live in Detroit, and there is hella many gangs up in here, i dunno if its different than NY, but there is definetly gangs (Bloods, Crips, Latino, etc.) in ever large city nowadays, and even in farm rural cities and shit...And there has been Bloods and Crips in Detroit for as long as i can remember, and im 17 turnin 18, and Bloods and Crips was as big then as it is now...I dunno if B & C's just didnt make it to NY for awhile or what, or if it just isnt as big as it is in most cities or what...Even in Toledo (a city witta bout 400,000/half a mill. livin in it, a south of Detroit) has always had Bloods & Crips in it...
"One Nation under a Groove, gettin' down jus' for tha funk of it..."

"Rest In Peace to all lives Stolen on September 11th, 2001..." Trey Lawrence III

"Yo, they call me Nas, I'm not your legal type of fella/Moet drinkin, marijuana smokin street dwellah" Nas on "Represent"

TheShiznit227

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "We Livin' this shit 'til the day that we die, Survival of the Fit only the strong survive..." Mobb Deep
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2001, 04:43:45 PM »

"Niggaz bang in Ny now, cuz i dont knock it...thiz fool said he was a blood but had hiz rag in tha wrong pocket...."
                               ~Jayo Felony~

Crips & Bloods rep different ways in different Cities son...it aint universal...here (in Detroit) Crips rep to the left and Bloods to the right, and in Toledo its just the opposite...
"One Nation under a Groove, gettin' down jus' for tha funk of it..."

"Rest In Peace to all lives Stolen on September 11th, 2001..." Trey Lawrence III

"Yo, they call me Nas, I'm not your legal type of fella/Moet drinkin, marijuana smokin street dwellah" Nas on "Represent"

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2001, 07:38:56 PM »

Crips & Bloods rep different ways in different Cities son...it aint universal...here (in Detroit) Crips rep to the left and Bloods to the right, and in Toledo its just the opposite...

That just proves what Jayo is talking about. Most of the Bloods and Crips outside of Cali are just fake replicas that don't even know the history of the gangs that they are trying so hard to be like. They probably seen Colors too many times and it got to there head. I'm sure they have hella heart and are down for a 187 but they still ain't authentic real Ru'z or True'z. Unless REAL Crips/Bloods migrated to those cities and started their own respective sets which has happen in Little Rock, Seattle, Denver, New Orleans, and Houston.

RivieraIII

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2001, 08:19:25 PM »

Yo, when Lil Mo starts claimin gangsta you know that hip-hop is being exploited in the worst way.  Rap is now a mockery of itself.  2pac wasn't a gansta, but what he did was called out fake muthafucka's in the game.  He would've never let Master P, DMX, Ja Rule, Trick Daddy and all them get away with making a mockery of the game.  Whether that be claimin to be a thug, gangsta, whatever the case may be.

TRUE... Cats like Fabolous shouldn't even touch this word...

RivieraIII

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2001, 08:32:16 PM »

you guys take rap way too seriously. the only rap affiliated people that can be labelled as being even remotely 'close' to gangta status are suge, master p, puffy, jay-z etc and me. the reason being is that these people control their business, they got millions, dont take orders and came from the bottom.

rappers are just having fun saying gangsta, its a trendy thing to do - whats up with that?

fabolous is from bk - 'he's gangsta' if you got a problem go to bk and holla. i garantee that you'll go back to bell air with a purple and blue body and stripped down naked with just one sock left on. thats enough said.

Sorry G. but I'm a BROOKLYN nigga too... I live in Bushwick, Brooklyn, 2 mns away from East New York (and you don't wanna fuck with East NY, trust me) and 5 mns away from Bedford-Stuy/Marcy (home of Big and Jay). It doesn't mean I'm gangsta... Fabolous ain't harder than the average cat in my neighborhood (his hood ain't even tough anyway)...
However, I understand your point to some extent, coz "gangsta" is a cultural trend right now. It doesn't mean that it shouldn't be "respected" since it does have deeper connotations... And, Jigga ain't as gangsta as you think, man. Jigga was a street hustler just like countless guys right on my block. He's real but it doesn't mean he's "gangsta"... There's ONLY ONE gangsta in Hip Hop (and he shoudn't be part of Hip Hop anyway coz he's wayyyy too GANGSTA): that's SUGE MUTHAFUCKIN' KNIGHT... All those other guys are businessmen... They can be real, from the street, ghetto, whatever, but they ain't GANGSTA... And again, when Fabolous talks about being gangsta, even if it's trendy, it's still a muthafuckin' problem...
PS: As for PUFFY, he's a coward, with zero street credibility whatsoever. I can't believe you even mention his name. Puff got NO respect from nigga I know in NY. He's a GREAT businessman, no question, but he's pussy. Don't get it twisted son... Again, SUGE is the ONLY gangsta in this rap game, whether it's a good thing OR a bad thing...

ToNe1904

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2001, 09:17:07 PM »

That just proves what Jayo is talking about. Most of the Bloods and Crips outside of Cali are just fake replicas that don't even know the history of the gangs that they are trying so hard to be like. They probably seen Colors too many times and it got to there head.

AMEN!!!!!!