Author Topic: Jay-Z does 700K, Snoop does over 250K, 2Pac sells 164K and The Game falls behind  (Read 1810 times)

Kaligula

• Muthafuckin' OG
I dont think it's Game's #s that are that surprising, they're pretty respectable in this day and age. He'll definitely go platinum, which more than most people can say this year. What is reallly amazing is Jay doing 700k + with two relatively weak singles. He may not know how to push anyone else at Def Jam, but he sure as hell knows how to promote himself. . .

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
not bad for jay........

wcsoldier

Jay sales ain't impressive regarding the promotion he had.... good for Snoop and Game gonna go platinum...

westside159

What are you tryint to say with this thread , anything over 100,000 is good and its still new & fresh he will go platinum just probally not 5 x like his first !!!!

Chief

Jay sales ain't impressive regarding the promotion he had.... good for Snoop and Game gonna go platinum...

i think Doc had 5x more promotion than kingdom come, and how much did that push first week?

wcsoldier

^^^^ Jay basically got promotion from NBA; NFL ; been on an international tour.... maybe not more than game quantity wise but WAY better quality wise regarding his position at Def Jam records

kroopy

• Lil Geezy
  • West West Y'all
Snoop's 270k - hmmm... not bad;) but it's only 5th position
700k for Hova is incredible!

westkoastanostra

What are you tryint to say with this thread , anything over 100,000 is good and its still new & fresh he will go platinum just probally not 5 x like his first !!!!

!!!!!!!!!! AND SOME MORE !!!!!!!!!

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^^^^ Jay basically got promotion from NBA; NFL ; been on an international tour.... maybe not more than game quantity wise but WAY better quality wise regarding his position at Def Jam records

thats what i was about to say! Jay-Z been promoted on NBA commercials and everything

Bomb-A®

who the fuck is daughtry?

peace

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Gotta remember all the pop fans Jay has got now.

That would affect that 700k number greatly.
NO MORE WAR

[ ChaoS 2 Society ]

• Lil Geezy
Jay Z shit is all hype damn album is garbage..... Dre's Tracks sound the same

Slikk_J

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
i can't believe jay sold 700,000+ records...that shit is fucking ridiculous :o what makes me fuckin pissed is that all his sales were based on straight hype of his comeback. 80% of the tracks on his album fucking suck. people really irk me sometimes. they'll go out and support a lying multi-millionaire by buying his "comeback" cd when there is plenty of fresh talent out there that is hungry as fuck. why not bootleg jay and buy albums from cats that actually deserve it? shit makes me mad...

Agree........how the hell does Jay-Z sell more than Snoop & Game when both shit all over his album.......shit even 2pac REMIXED is better than kingdom come..........Thats straight up garbage.........These New York people are f@#$%^ up....Jay-Zs new album going plat.........makes me wanna cry....

But Im sure both Game & Snoop will go plat too...

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
-I am not at all surprised that there were that many albums selling over 100 K. It just SHITS on everybody who was sayin "albums don't sell as much"....when the reality is that the albums just hadn't been that good until the last few weeks, with a few good albums a few months before. Of course the Dazs, Kurupts, and Too Shorts aren't gonna sell as much when they get no fuck'n promotion.

-Game did take a big drop, but most hyped up albums usually sell a whole lot the first week, then fall off until they come back with a strong single, or major controversy.

-I would never say Jay "flopped"....but for the amount of promotion he had, he should have gone fuckin platinum this week. I mean, who the hell else has EVER had 106 and Park say "fuck the regular show, lets let them perform 10 songs from their career and take up the whole episode"....then have Budweiser commercials....then have Danica Patrick in your video...then be on damn Monday Night Football....then have all the hype of being "retired" and "coming back" as evan the dude said? If Snoop had that much promotion, I think he would have sold more than Jay did, because he pulled 275 in the same week as Jay having all this hype, and he didn't have 10% of the promotion.

sonofisis

• Muthafuckin' OG
700,000 records in one week ain't impressive??!!!!! You internet niggas are str8 fucking stupid as fuck, what goes thru you nigga's minds? Hahaha.. Anything above 100,000 now a days is good for a rap album! If you've been looking at the numbers lately people have been averaging like 90 - 100K for the first week, only the mega pop stars do over 200,000.. And it has nothing to do with quality of the albums shit brains, it's peak season so more people by music around this time, plus if that was the case Jay-Z would of only sold two albums coz his shit sucks. It's all about star power and hype.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 08:37:50 AM by sonofisis »
Mistah FAB "Ghost Ride It"